Frustrated with Letter just received from Carnival

QTPieRye

I believe that because of their ages-4 and 6- the children will be in different camps. They are usually pretty strict about the ages. You might want to prepare the kids for the fact that they will not be together. Like others have said, just be prepared for the kids to choose not to stay in camp so that you are not too disappointed if that happens. (If the child is whiny and keeps saying they want mom, they will have mom come get the child as that child's distress would affect other children in camp.) The mom does not need extra stress of feeling that you are upset with her if her kids choose not to participate in camp/Night Owl activities. As a former kindergarten teacher, I can tell you that often kids in that age group do not react like we adults think they will react. The friendly, the outgoing child may not do well in a new situation all by herself. If the children know their mom has not been feeling well, they are likely to be more clingy than usual. You can not expect children of that age to act like nothing is wrong in their world. Even if they have not been explicitly told about the health problems, they will sense tension that is bound to be part of their world right now. They, along with mom, need extra TLC. You and your daughters will never be sorry you put the needs of your friend and her children before your needs/wants. That is what BFF do for each other. I hope it all works out the way you envision.

Edited by Crusin5252

One of the best examples of Much Ado About Nothing in a good while. :)

Camp Carnival will still be there, just not in the regular area. That's all.

And *this* is what's frustrating you before a cruise? I'm sure there are bigger issues that could use your attention. :)

Forget the frustrations, go do something nice with your daughters, your friend, your cat, whatever. You're going on a cruise. That, in and of itself, is a wonderful thing!

Have a great cruise!

He'd have a great time. We talked my mom into cruising with us. My aunt came along to keep her company. We upgraded them to the balcony cabin next to ours, and we all had a wonderful time :).

Thank you for encouragement...:)..Truly I need every one because I weaken and then try try again.

He is a crabby my way or the highway guy who occasionally goes with the flow now that we are at the great grands and two sets of mothers to outdo him lol. Occasionally he is wonderful especially as a friend and in a social fun experience; everyone's favorite REAL cowboy and businessman in many situations and the first to help in a real ranch disaster..even here at the ranchettes. Strung up Montana style and nothing happens but a disaster on a ranch style and those special times you get him to mellow with you on the same page are awesome and I am better and better at it lol.

I think cruising is so great for him now with come and go sciatica.

That fly there and not drive and pull horses all the time would be a good deal to discover; but I am not not going to push it anymore; I tried that. He cruised 2 times with mom; once with 2 youngest girls of his and then with a grandchild....

Just not me..and I could repeat for him if all he wants is to do Alaska again..I want to be in NW Montana and talk him into something from west coast being closer there...pack and be ready...lol..we will see. The proper amount of sneaky.

I might give..a casual mention once in a while on a deal...catch him in right moment. And trying to spend more time with him each year is my goal. As tough as he is one knows what is ahead...and I am not ready...sigh...thanks again for encouragement. He is such a ornery low patience solo unit western type...the good bad and ugly of it. But he can be charming and fun and honestly loving and surprise himself!!

And again OP...just have a great time...:).

It rarely is as bad as our worries and if you take the best and leave the worst..maybe some tips here help...

Edited by sjn911

Thank you for encouragement...:)..Truly I need every one because I weaken and then try try again.

He is a crabby my way or the highway guy who occasionally goes with the flow now that we are at the great grands and two sets of mothers to outdo him lol. Occasionally he is wonderful especially as a friend and in a social fun experience; everyone's favorite REAL cowboy and businessman in many situations and the first to help in a real ranch disaster..even here at the ranchettes. Strung up Montana style and nothing happens but a disaster on a ranch style and those special times you get him to mellow with you on the same page are awesome and I am better and better at it lol.

I think cruising is so great for him now with come and go sciatica.

That fly there and not drive and pull horses all the time would be a good deal to discover; but I am not not going to push it anymore; I tried that. He cruised 2 times with mom; once with 2 youngest girls of his and then with a grandchild....

Just not me..and I could repeat for him if all he wants is to do Alaska again..I want to be in NW Montana and talk him into something from west coast being closer there...pack and be ready...lol..we will see. The proper amount of sneaky.

I might give..a casual mention once in a while on a deal...catch him in right moment. And trying to spend more time with him each year is my goal. As tough as he is one knows what is ahead...and I am not ready...sigh...thanks again for encouragement. He is such a ornery low patience solo unit western type...the good bad and ugly of it. But he can be charming and fun and honestly loving and surprise himself!!

And again OP...just have a great time...:).

It rarely is as bad as our worries and if you take the best and leave the worst..maybe some tips here help...

And with that Nice, Kind and Always Thoughtful Post...Lets END this Thread with a Positive Note and take the Neg. Post somewere else!!!

Have a Great Cruise People

Michael

You and your friend can relax in chairs by the children's splash zone and have a lovely visit while the children play. If you have a balcony, that is another place for a quiet chat. Have a lovely cruise.

I believe that because of their ages-4 and 6- the children will be in different camps. They are usually pretty strict about the ages. You might want to prepare the kids for the fact that they will not be together. Like others have said, just be prepared for the kids to choose not to stay in camp so that you are not too disappointed if that happens. (If the child is whiny and keeps saying they want mom, they will have mom come get the child as that child's distress would affect other children in camp.) The mom does not need extra stress of feeling that you are upset with her if her kids choose not to participate in camp/Night Owl activities. As a former kindergarten teacher, I can tell you that often kids in that age group do not react like we adults think they will react. The friendly, the outgoing child may not do well in a new situation all by herself. If the children know their mom has not been feeling well, they are likely to be more clingy than usual. You can not expect children of that age to act like nothing is wrong in their world. Even if they have not been explicitly told about the health problems, they will sense tension that is bound to be part of their world right now. They, along with mom, need extra TLC. You and your daughters will never be sorry you put the needs of your friend and her children before your needs/wants. That is what BFF do for each other. I hope it all works out the way you envision.

This is beautifully written and well stated!

And with that Nice, Kind and Always Thoughtful Post...Lets END this Thread with a Positive Note and take the Neg. Post somewere else!!!

Have a Great Cruise People

Michael

I agree. The OP probably regrets even posting this by now. Enough already.

I totally get it. I've convinced people to go on cruises too....then I'm like, ok Carnival don't fail me now!! Who knows, the kids might think it's fun to take over different parts of the ship. Hope it works out! Especially the night owl part as that would annoy me too if they didn't have that

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree. The OP probably regrets even posting this by now. Enough already.

I agree. All the OP said was she was disappointed at the thought of no camp and her friend's kids would be around more than anticipated, but that wasn't the plan between her and her friend to spend adult time together without revolving around keeping the kids busy.

• 9 months later...
Meaning the health issues are none of anyone's business :D My bff needs as much of a stress free vacaton as possible before having major brain surgery! I originally booked this cruise with just my 2 adult daughters and myself... then the diagnosis came and bff wanted to get away, but has 2 young girls. Our plan was to relax and spend quality time together as much as possible.... obviously spend time with the girls too, but preference would be for them to be involved with Camp Carnival as much as possible.

A) This is terrible.

B) Sounds a bit selfish

C) Poor girls being treated as unwanted tagalongs. Just.........wow.

The drama in this thread is likely 100x the drama caused by the change of Camp Ocean/Camp Carnival. Having a daughter who has gone through every age bracket, now in O2, and seeing how awesome Carnival has been every single cruise in this regard, you can expect that Carnival has a great plan for the kid's clubs, and this was meant to be a letter that they are shifting venues, not decreasing the kids' experience. I'm sure the kid's club staff will be doing everything to make the kids happy as always. Enjoy your cruise.

My kids are adults now w youngest turning 20 this year. All 3 have been cruising for about 14 yrs but every single one of them loved the kids camp on every single line we sailed. We've sailed some older ships and I believe that it was on the Horizon we had something similar happen. They weren't updating kids area at the time of our sailing but more the lack of space for so many multi aged groups to gather in one small place. So most days we picked up and dropped off at odd areas but kids were always easy to locate and always having a great time. I believe I was more worried about the fact that they weren't going to be in a set location every day but rather where ever they could find empty useable space. My DD19 still remembers and sings a song taught to her for the group portion of the kids talent show on that cruise when she was just 5!! Please don't worry, kids will have a blast. Just make sure they go to meet and greet the first night, this is very helpful for all. Her is where you will be given your weekly activities times and locations. Besides the fact the kids will meet new friends form day one which will be the carrot to keep them wanting to go back regularly throughout the cruise. Smile and have a drink, celebrate life. You are lucky enough to be cruising while to others this is just a dream.

Cheers!

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

With so many other social media outlets regarding cruising, I rarely sign into CC anymore because frankly it's not worth the harassment and bullying. Needless to say,when I signed on today to ask an embarkation question, I was shocked to see this post lingering around with recent comments!!

With that said, I thought Iwould take a minute to share our cruise experience from last September. As anyone with MS knows, stress is a trigger, but fortunately, my BFF had no flair ups during our cruise. Despiterough seas cruising during Hurricane Newton, not being able to port as scheduled and the kids club fiasco, we had an enjoyable cruise.

While CCL did an okay jobattempting to have make-shift kids clubs during their remodel (which was quite extensive), the strong the rough seas and rain caused further chaos with the kids club situation.

Many of the usual outdoor activities were rescheduled for indoors last minute, and unfortunately the kids club was then moved without notice to different locations with varying times. To make matters worse, on 2 different occasions, the kids clubs were moved while the kids were in there. This was andled by the pager going off, us stopping what we were doing and go to the kids club, only to have to check the kids out, wait for all the parents to arrive so that they could be re-checked into the new location. So yes, it was frustrating. If that makes me selfish, then so be-it! Did it spoil our cruise?Absolutely not. Did my daughters help watch the younger girls?Absolutely.

Did my BFF and I enjoy quality time? Of course, we were on a cruise for 7 nights!

Thank you to those of you for your genuine concern regarding my BFF. Since last September, she had major brain surgery where they successfully clamped off 2 cerebral aneurisms. Although she is not back to 100% and has been cautioned to be as stress-free as possible, she is alive… and that’s all that truly matters :)

Edited by QTPieRye
punctuation

With so many other social media outlets regarding cruising, I rarely sign into CC anymore because frankly it's not worth the harassment and bullying. Needless to say,when I signed on today to ask an embarkation question, I was shocked to see this post lingering around with recent comments!!

With that said, I thought Iwould take a minute to share our cruise experience from last September. As anyone with MS knows, stress is a trigger, but fortunately, my BFF had no flair ups during our cruise. Despiterough seas cruising during Hurricane Newton, not being able to port as scheduled and the kids club fiasco, we had an enjoyable cruise.

While CCL did an okay jobattempting to have make-shift kids clubs during their remodel (which was quite extensive), the strong the rough seas and rain caused further chaos with the kids club situation.

Many of the usual outdoor activities were rescheduled for indoors last minute, and unfortunately the kids club was then moved without notice to different locations with varying times. To make matters worse, on 2 different occasions, the kids clubs were moved while the kids were in there. This was andled by the pager going off, us stopping what we were doing and go to the kids club, only to have to check the kids out, wait for all the parents to arrive so that they could be re-checked into the new location. So yes, it was frustrating. If that makes me selfish, then so be-it! Did it spoil our cruise?Absolutely not. Did my daughters help watch the younger girls?Absolutely.

Did my BFF and I enjoy quality time? Of course, we were on a cruise for 7 nights!

Thank you to those of you for your genuine concern regarding my BFF. Since last September, she had major brain surgery where they successfully clamped off 2 cerebral aneurisms. Although she is not back to 100% and has been cautioned to be as stress-free as possible, she is alive… and that’s all that truly matters :)

Hope she makes a full recovery, why would you think people here would not wish her well?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A lot of mean-spirited cheerleaders Jimbo. I don't know if they are t-words or what but I feel bad sometimes for people who say they have a bad experience. Don't take offense, I think you are probably an ok guy (despite disagreeing sometimes) and don't think you fall in that category of being mean for the heck of it. Some people on here are that way though, both uber negative and uber cheerleaders.

A lot of mean-spirited cheerleaders Jimbo. I don't know if they are t-words or what but I feel bad sometimes for people who say they have a bad experience. Don't take offense, I think you are probably an ok guy (despite disagreeing sometimes) and don't think you fall in that category of being mean for the heck of it. Some people on here are that way though, both uber negative and uber cheerleaders.

I would not be mean to anyone here, I might disagree with a point (discussion is part of what makes this site work so well), but being mean...not from me.