Last full day on the Summit....Chairs

inforem

I love when people come on a sea day at 11:00 and expect to get a lounge chair. And they want it in a prime location. REALLY? Then they start b$&ching to everyone that has a chair. If passengers are sitting on their lounge that they have been sitting on since 7:00 those late sleepers expect them to give up their lounge. Again,,,REALLY????

Otherwise, except for those stupid people...great cruise to Bermuda

I love when people come on a sea day at 11:00 and expect to get a lounge chair. And they want it in a prime location. REALLY? Then they start b$&ching to everyone that has a chair. If passengers are sitting on their lounge that they have been sitting on since 7:00 those late sleepers expect them to give up their lounge. Again,,,REALLY????

Agree but those people are not nearly as bad as the ones reserve the chairs at 7:00A.M. and don't come back to them until after your 11:00P.M. show up at the pool. I more than one person on the Summit earlier this summer reserving up to 10 chairs with towels, books, clothes and then no one showing up until much later in the morning. This is a common practice and much more disgusting than those who show up at 11 complaining.

Agree but those people are not nearly as bad as the ones reserve the chairs at 7:00A.M. and don't come back to them until after your 11:00P.M. show up at the pool. I more than one person on the Summit earlier this summer reserving up to 10 chairs with towels, books, clothes and then no one showing up until much later in the morning. This is a common practice and much more disgusting than those who show up at 11 complaining.

Agree with both of you. It does flow both ways. I would never put stuff on a lounger and walk away for hours like a lot Cruisers do. Especially on the pool deck. I see it all the time because I'm on the walking track no later than 6:AM and walk for 1.5 hours. Then there those that feel they are entitled to have a lounger in the shade and in the sun. I saw that happen on our Caribbean Eclipse Cruise this April. Once I plop down in a lounger (no matter the time of day and always on the deck above the pool deck) I sit there until I'm good and ready to leave. Usually around 4:PM.

Edited by davekathy

I never see this as a problem. If no one is sitting in the chair, I just sit down. If someone says it's theirs, I simply move to another one.

Unless they have been sitting there and have just gotten up to go to the toilet or to go into the pool for a bit, a chair is not their chair unless their posterior is on the chair. If you get up,you loose it.

DON

Unless they have been sitting there and have just gotten up to go to the toilet or to go into the pool for a bit, a chair is not their chair unless their posterior is on the chair. If you get up,you loose it.

DON

Succinctly put. If the only "thing" saving a chair is a towel...then I simply return it to the bin and take a seat. Although at the spa pool, if there is no seating, I put my belongings near the edge and get in the pool. Then it becomes apparent what seats have been abandoned by whomever was sitting there. Then I feel free to claim it. I've never had a problem. However, I am not a sun bather and avoid the main pools. This is vacation and I am in a very high stress job and experiencing high stress do a number of circumstances personally. I mostly go with the flow and take things in stride. I have to decompress and there is always something amusing to be gotten from any situation. Angry, boorish, no-class, stupid people are best laughed at rather than tangled with in my opinion. Poor service is always correctable without making a scene and exaggerating the issue.

You can always ask those sitting near the "reserved" chairs if anyone is actually USING them! Also, when you get up to take a dip, get a drink or hit the head, tell those sitting near to you that you'll be right back, so if someone asks about YOUR chair, there will be someone who knows!!!!

DON

My saying is..."If you move your meat, you lose your seat" LOL!

On the ships that we have been on there is usually a sign at the stairs of the pool that if you are gone longer than 30 minutes security will take your items. I have seem them do this because people sit and watch the chairs for 30 minutes and then go over and tell security. I would not sit in anyone's seat if there is stuff on them. It's like looking for trouble....just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums