Royal palms: Great!!

Natalie2015

Grand Cayman: wow! I would move there!

As soon as the ship dock (8:00) We went out. We had to take a tender, but if you got out as soon as possible, you wont wait to long. The ride was about 10 minutes, maybe less. It was Nice to take pictures of the ship.

On the land, It was easy to find a taxi. It was 4$ per person to get to Royal Palms. I had booked a cabana for 100, but i change my mind and took 3 chairs (10$/each) and an umbrella (15$) instead. The water was Crystal clear, It was so nice! We had brought our goggles and we were able to see different Kind of fish without going far!

We rented 2 sea doo double passengers (100$ each for 30 minutes). Me and my husband was driving and we were able to sit one kid on each one. Since we have 3 kids, we could come an go (to exchange the kid!) as we wish. We rented for half an hour but we had a it for a bit longer.

For lunch, we had 2 pizza for the whole family (6) (around 50$ in US) and It was delicious!

We could see that It was not as poor as othe port (like Jamaïca) that we'd visit before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It could not been easier! You just go outside and someone Will ask you if you want a taxi! To make sure i sais yes, to the port and its 4$ a person right? And he said yes. Its like a 5 min ride. You could walk, but it could take like an hour... And It was hot!

• 2 weeks later...
GC also has a fantastic bus system! Just walk up to the road, and the next bus will stop for you! Very easy!

Grand Cayman is a very WEALTHY island...it's the banking capital of the Caribbean!

How much does it cost for the bus? How often do they come by?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you plan to arrive early, i would suggest to wait till you get there to decide if you want a cabana and if so, wich one. The beach chairs are Closer to the water then the cabana's are. But the cabana are still on the beach, so close to the water to. In my opinion, the cabana where closer to each other. I would go back there anytime :)

Yes, children are not allowed in the pool. But why the pool??? The water was soooo Nice, chrystal clear, It was amazing. I never once wanted ( neither than my children) to go to the pool. And if you wonder about having sand all over your body When leaving, dont worry, there's like outside shower near the exit.

If you plan to rent a cabana with children, i would definitly suggest the ones on the beach. Enjoy!!!