Best time to do Panama canal

Passthepuck

Anytime the cruise is offered really. It is so close to equator that the weather changes very little.

Expect humidity, rain showers and then sunshine.

The actual full transit cruise would be best from Dec thru Feb it is the dry season in other Central American countries and Mexico.

Edited by Azulann

We are sailing on April 2nd and we live in southern Florida year round. We've heard about the heat and humidity on this trip but if I can take FL in August - I figure I'll do fine. :D

April should be fine. We took this cruise in Sep and it was hot, hot, hot. We live in central FL but have a daughter in Miami. Weather was similar but more humid than FL in the summer, if you can believe it.

We loved the trip we did a couple of years ago over Christmas & New Year's. Cartagena was HOT, HOT, HOT!!! We're headed back through the Canal in December for the repositioning cruise to Chile. Looking forward to the Westbound Journey this time 😎

If you're willing to book Tuesday or Wednesday (8/23-8/24), Celebrity has great prices on the October 7, 2016 sailing from San Francisco on their Exciting Deals:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

If I could take the time off, I would jump on it!

It's the very WET season so prices are low.... :o

We did end of April - early May this year on Infinity Miami to SD. It was very hot and very very humid but not much rain even though this is when the rainy season starts. There has been a drought in Panama and the level of Gatun Lake (part of the canal) was the lowest in many years.

Would like to do the Panama Canal cruise when is the best time to do this cruise. Thanks

I went in September or October a few years ago. Absolutely loved it, and would do it again in a heartbeat. I remember having terrific weather, so some of it is luck of the draw!

Panama Canal weather is Hot year round resting at 9 degrees above the equator. The Winter (December to April) is supposed to be the driest of the seasons....

We did a SanDiego to Miami Panama Canal cruise in November of 2013. All ports of call had warm (Mexico) to hot (Panama) weather. We did not have any rain... A really nice cruise.

Dennis & Sue

We are sailing on April 2nd and we live in southern Florida year round. We've heard about the heat and humidity on this trip but if I can take FL in August - I figure I'll do fine. :D

We did it in late April and weather was marvelous. We were on the last trip for the season. It was hot but not as bad as FL in August!! :D