Maximizing OBC

In another post people were listing their cruise cost and OBC received.

I usually check several travel agents and see if any are offering any better deals. Typically the price of the cruise is exactly the same. Sometimes there will be a 50 or 100 OBC for 6 night or longer cruises but that's about the highest I have seen. In the other post people were up to 300 in OBC.

What are the secrets to get more OBC paid gratuities and dining packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sometimes Royal has a promotion and then some agents get OBC added on top. The more you spend the more OBC you get back. Shop around a bit and take the best deal. Theres a certain site out there that lets various TAs COMPETE for your CRUISE business.

I recently booked the 14 night transatlantic on Brilliance OTS for April of 2017.

An Ocean View cabin, at $699pp, was only slightly more expensive than an inside cabin, but we got a total of $550 OBC. :eek: :D :cool:

$300 came from the online travel site... and $250 from shareholder benefit.

You will NEVER get that much OBC... on THAT LOW a fare by booking directly with the cruise line. It definitely pays to shop around. ;)

Edited by teecee60

I had never heard of the shareholder benefit. I did some googling and several people were saying it wasn't that good because they won't stack it with any other discounts. Have you had any trouble with them honoring it?

If you have any other Royal OBC or C&A discount, you cannot add the shareholder benefit OBC.

Calling and finding out what your OBC was from did come in handy.:)

Yes it did. Will be watching for that one again later this year. That's a lot of OBC for a short cruise. I forgot to add that I also have $50 from a redeployment on that cruise. Total OBC $325

Edited by molly361

If you happen to be booked on a cruise that gets chartered/cancelled you will receive OBC. 5 days or less is $100 balconies and below and $200 for suites. 7 days and up $200 balconies and below and $400 suites. Not sure which group the 6 day cruises fall into or if the longer cruises receive more.

The nice thing about this is that it is combinable with pretty much everything.

We're cruising in less than 3 weeks and we have $500 OBC: $300 from a special RCCL was running, $100 from an open ended cruise we booked on a previous cruise and $100 from a Black Friday special. Our TA called and got the last one added since we booked just days before.

• 10 months later...

Not allowed to mention travel agencies here. But the one I now use gives about 10% or more of the total price as OBC. I booked Grandeur 9 nite in July next year for about $5400 total and got $550 OBC from the TA. Shop around.

Ive never had more than $100 OBC per stateroom but I have had $600 taken off the price of my cruise after booking. That's quite unusual for a British cruiser as we have different laws about it in comparison to the USA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just signed up for the credit card to get $100 OBC and got $125 from our TA. I know this doesn't really count as OBC, but I brought $500 back from our last cruise on Carnival and used that as our down payment for this Royal cruise. Even though it is not OBC for this cruise but the last cruise, it is still free money. We also got a free specialty dinner from the TA.

My TA gave me 450 for my upcoming cruise. Not sure how I'll be able to spend it since we are staying in a star class suite.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Shore excursions, spa, shops on board...or just simply cash it out at guest services the last day.