HELP - Price Reductions/OBC

ryzmom

I just got off the phone with RCCL, Resolutions Group and my Travel Agent on the line - We are going on the Freedom on October 9th, my price went down yet I'm paid in full. How is everyone getting Price Reductions and/or OBC that I keep seeing, because RCCL wouldn't do anything for me!!! They pretty much slammed the door in our face.

I'm so mad that I could scream! :mad:

I just got off the phone with RCCL, Resolutions Group and my Travel Agent on the line - We are going on the Freedom on October 9th, my price went down yet I'm paid in full. How is everyone getting Price Reductions and/or OBC that I keep seeing, because RCCL wouldn't do anything for me!!! They pretty much slammed the door in our face.

With rare exceptions, people only get price reductions before final payment date. That has been the policy for about 7 years now.

What Bob said. Getting a reprice is basically cancelling the cruise and rebooking it, after final payment doing so will cause you to lose your deposit, 50%, 75%, or 100% depending on how close to sail date, basically making it not worthwhile.

The usual advice given here when there is a price drop AFTER final payment is to check whether a higher category than you're booked on has also dropped in price and you can upgrade by paying a little more ...:)

This is correct. AFTER final payment, you will not get OBCs. You can ask about moving to a different category for the same price or slight upcharge, but other than that, there isn't any option.

My advice is to go and enjoy your cruise. You were ok with the price that you paid, so don't be upset that you aren't getting any OBC or money back due to the price drop. Your travel agent should have informed you of that before you made the call.

Sorry you are upset...as Bob said this has been Royal's policy for quite some time now...and most other cruise lines are the same...once final payment is past they will not honor any price drops....so best advice...unless you are interested in an upgrade...DON'T look at the prices after you make final payment...no use being upset over something you can't have...

I see that you have been on this forum for 11 years, and cruise Royal Caribbean frequently, including recently.

I can't believe that you are surprised to learn of this long-standing policy.

"No price drops after final payment date."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As others have suggested, your only possible "change" is to see if you would like to upgrade yourselves to a higher category, which may now be within your reach because of price decreases.

After final payment I never go back and look at the price. THAT'S JUST TORTURE!!! Stop the madness! After you pay don't go back and look. And if you do, DON'T COMPLAIN THAT THE PRICE HAS DROPPED!! Or stop purchasing your cruises early and purchase after final payment date by chance you can perhaps capitalize on excellent after final payment date cruise prices. You can't have your cake and eat it too! Not going to happen!

Edited by cynt

Hope your nose is not injured by the slamming door.:D And screaming will give you a sore throat.

Now jokes aside, I will go with Bob's (clarea) very clear reasoning of why they will not budge. However, do ask your agent if there are any paid upgrades available for a tiny amount. Sometimes they will work it out depending upon what is available and what they want to sell. Sometimes they will just say nothing can be done after final payment. Also see if they are refusing because this was a special sale for "new" booking s only? Any how, your TA should be doing all this.

DH & I booked a 5 day cruise a month ago sailing this Sept & had to make final payment at the time we booked. We wanted to go cheap & booked an inside guaranteed cabin. Within 1 day my room was automatically upgraded to a large inside cabin. Two days ago I noticed my original guaranteed inside cabin was down in price by quite a bit & that the next category Guaranteed Oceanview was only an additional $13.00 ($6.50 pp) total for the entire trip. I called my travel agent who called RCCL & I paid the $13.00. I was pleasantly surprised to find out today that my guaranteed Oceanview room was upgraded to a full window view (no porthole view). Belonging to a website that emails you when the prices go up & down is a real blessing as I dont have the time to always monitor & this has saved me hundred of dollars over the last 6 years..