Huge Price Increase!!!

mvaughan

That does not explain price rises in the UK. We neither have Labor (or, even, Labour) Day nor Labor Day Sales.

No but there is generally a similar offer for September/October, we booked last September for our cruise in July & got buy one get one half price.

The price never went lower than I paid after that but will be interested to see what happens over the next few months. Booked for next year whilst on board, waiting to see if it really is such a good offer. So far It's increased by £1300 for 2 cabins

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We used last years buy one get one half price for our recent Baltic cruise. For 14 days on Eclipse it worked out at about £1800 per person for AQ with drinks package included and I never saw the price dip after we booked it. In fact it actually increased a fair amount.

I admit I've been waiting to see if there will be a similar offer as we're thinking of doing one or two next year. If this offer resurfaces we'll probably use it. But if they're going to artificially inflate the price beforehand I think I'll look at the 90 day tickers and try and score a deal with Azamara or Oceania. :)

I'm sailing reflection Nov 26, and my S1 SkySuite came down $240 on Monday, and I got an extra $300 OBC due to the special over the weekend (this in addition to the already included Suites are Best promo with its own $300 OBC and premium drinks, grats and internet) stacked with a book on board $350 bonus. $950 in celebrity issued OBC!

Most interior and OV cabins on the sailing are selling at their lowest prices since on sale, as are some suites.

Many are reporting that for an extra $25 they got concierge cabin upgrade from veranda and added all the Suites are Best perks, and $10 upgrades to Veranda from OV.

Supply and Demand.....the fishy site is showing more than 50% open cabins still.

Originally Posted by kk99 View Post

I would really like it if Celebrity published a no perks base fare, but probably wishful thinking on my part.

Very easy to do, I do it very day checking on future trips. While on X's website, at the page where you are asked to pick your perks you'll see a link underneath that says: "Keep my original discount". Or something to that effect. You of course have to be registered on the website and sign in. In the first part of making a booking you'll be asked for your zip code, captains club number and I think if,you are a senior. This process will price your cruise without any perks.

The difference won't be all that great though. Our upcoming ten day prices out about $600 less than with perks. Beverage package alone is of cours a lot more.

I want to make a correction. Our C3, for a January 20 ten day cost us $4414 last year when we booked while aboard the same sailing. Earlier today the same C3 posted at $6233 with two perks. Relatve to pricing with and without perks, our resident and senior rate would be, at today's pricing $4030 a difference of OVER $2000!!! Is the beverage package and $600 in OBC worth $2000? Fortunately it's only a difference of $400 from what we originally paid.

I'm sailing reflection Nov 26, and my S1 SkySuite came down $240 on Monday, and I got an extra $300 OBC due to the special over the weekend (this in addition to the already included Suites are Best promo with its own $300 OBC and premium drinks, grats and internet) stacked with a book on board $350 bonus. $950 in celebrity issued OBC!

Most interior and OV cabins on the sailing are selling at their lowest prices since on sale, as are some suites.

Many are reporting that for an extra $25 they got concierge cabin upgrade from veranda and added all the Suites are Best perks, and $10 upgrades to Veranda from OV.

Supply and Demand.....the fishy site is showing more than 50% open cabins still.

Cruises often cone down around final payment. The large increases just released being reported here are for sailings beyond that time frame.

Our 12/10 cruise on Reflection this year, we got a Concierge for $1249 includes go Best booked just on Monday, now it is $1659 for the same...glad I locked in!!

our adriatic/med cruise for Sept. 2017 is up $875 per person. We booked with go Best aqua 2 for $3719.68 , today the same is $4594.68. Never would have booked for that price. Feeling lucky we booked when we did.

The Decrease/Increase appears to be different dependent upon the ship & cruise. We are booked on the Infinity FLL to Valparaiso through the Panama Canal cruise on 12/09 - this is listed as a repositioning & the prices today are the same as they have been for quite a while. Our March trip on the Connie is basically sold out - only inside rooms left. As the final rooms available on the cruise - their price has steadily been increasing vs. a huge one time jump.

Our February Eclipse cruises are approximately DOUBLE what we paid for them. (So I can tell myself I'm getting a 2 for 1 now :p)

We also have February 2018 booked and those have gone up , but not double.

Even with buy one, get one half off - the prices have gone up considerably.

Maybe they'll give back all of the amenities that have disappeared over the last couple of years.:p

It is called "supply and demand" folks. If the cabins start selling too quickly, you raise the price. If they stop selling at the increased price, you then lower the price until they start selling again.

Simple economics. The cruise companies are not in business to make us happy but to maximize the profits for their shareholders. Our problem is to try to out guess or out smart them.

Airlines do exactly the same thing but on a minute by minute basis. If you see a good airfare, grab it immediately. I once had a fare increase significantly between the time I started checking schedules and when I told the airline to book it. I would guess that the airline computer systems are set so that if the flight achieves a predefined booking level, the price is automatically raised. Seems like I have never had it drop in a short time however.

DON

December 19, 14 day Caribbean Christmas/New Years cruise on the Equinox. Yesterday it was $2399 p.p. for a balcony with two perks. Today it's $2399 p.p. With no perks. For two perks it's $3732 p.p. And for all four it's $4362. Does that mean the supply and demand is for the perks? We don't drink enough to take a package. We can pay our own gratuities ($189 p.p.), spend $150 each and still save $1000 p.p. By not falling for this deal. What reptuble business whould even try to deceive their customers like this?

December 19, 14 day Caribbean Christmas/New Years cruise on the Equinox. Yesterday it was $2399 p.p. for a balcony with two perks. Today it's $2399 p.p. With no perks. For two perks it's $3732 p.p. And for all four it's $4362. Does that mean the supply and demand is for the perks? We don't drink enough to take a package. We can pay our own gratuities ($189 p.p.), spend $150 each and still save $1000 p.p. By not falling for this deal. What reptuble business whould even try to deceive their customers like this?

That cruise is on track to sell out. Less than 40% open cabins.

So they increased cabin price accordingly.

Not unlike stores raising prices in advance of a big sale. And, if you didn't know or weren't following then you'd think you got a deal.

Eclipse 10 day in December for Aqua class we paid $3,412 for the two of us. Current price is $7,819. That is almost a 100% increase.

Even with their recent sale with the Equinox the prices were quite high. This may be our last cruise with Celebrity. We'll see.

Gotta love it.....

A few of these prices are approaching the cost of comparable Azamara and Oceania cruises. The latter often includes free (well not really free) air fare too.

From a value perspective Celebrity don't look very appealing when compared to these other lines right now.

Where do you find this information?

Robert

There's a popular cruise site that gives this info, but we can't share its name in these forums.....

It also shows historical cabin prices so you can see when they changed and watch for ups and downs over time.

I use it a lot to decide on last minute bookings, or to cancel pre-final payment if I feel there's enough inventory to see a sale come after final payments are in.

Our New Zealand cruise in February 2018 has gone up from £4,200 for two people in A1 Aqua class to £7100 for two! Our Vietnam and Phillipines one in November 2017 is unchanged. Both were booked onboard Eclipse in March this year. So glad we booked The New Zealand one early. We also got drinks package and $550 on board credit.

A few of these prices are approaching the cost of comparable Azamara and Oceania cruises. The latter often includes free (well not really free) air fare too.

From a value perspective Celebrity don't look very appealing when compared to these other lines right now.

I recently booked a veranda cabin on the 16 night Azamara transatlantic April 2, 2017 from Miami to Barcelona for LESS than it would have cost to book a concierge cabin for the 14 night TA on Silhouette from Miami to Rome around the same time.

Now THAT is what I would call a bargain!

That cruise is on track to sell out. Less than 40% open cabins.

So they increased cabin price accordingly.

The point of the post is that there actual cruise price stayed the same, the cost of the free perks sky rocketed. I wonder if their stock price being down over 30% from it's high had anything to do with it.

I wouldn't be raising prices too much with about having 40% empty cabins and less than four months to go. Christmas/New Years flights cost will only continue to climb.

I think, if they hold this pricing level, I'll wait until after final payment and get it on the cheap.

We leave for the Western Med on the Silhouette in 8 days. We booked it over a year ago. Price for a 1A went from about 5K to over 7K and then after final payment it dropped to about 3.6K......so you just never know, you always need to check and you need to be aware of how the various "perks" effect the prices. It is all a crap shoot, find a cruise you like at a price you can live with then go for it.

We're looking at the Celebrity Reflection Ultimate Caribbean sailing on 03/11/2017 (That's a UK date format) in a S2 cabin. Yesterday the price was $4299 per person or $8598 for both of us. Today it is $5732 per person.

So hypothetically if Celebrity were to try a buy one get the second half price offer with the new prices we'd be paying $8598!

I await the disingenuous marketing campaign with interest. :D

Edited by Mynki

The cruise I booked a week and a half ago has raised prices dramatically and also only now has Oceanviews and insides left. The inside doesn't include the two perks and is about $250 more per person than the Concierge I booked on the 15th. I'm very happy about the deal I got.

IMO The key to whether it is a good deal or not depends on what happens right before and after final payment. And that depends on supply and demand and often how many cabins the travel agencies have to return to the cruiseline.

But if you have the cabin you wanted at a price you are satisfied with, better to stop watching when you can't do anything about it. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but it usually balances out in the end, if you take enough cruises.