Long Beach, Mobile, and Fort Lauderdale added to Staggered Check

annabell08

Won't be on til later, if Staggered didn't even begin til 12:30

We've found the second day to have no tender lines. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I know kinda bummed I'm usually getting my luggage around 1:00 and unpacking. Oh well I'll still be on a cruise.

In the previous two trips I've taken this itinerary you can walk right to the tender on day 2.

Staggered Check-In has been rolled out to all vessels sailing from Baltimore, Barcelona, Charleston, Galveston, Honolulu, Miami, New Orleans and Norfolk.

Staggered Check-In will be rolling out in Long Beach, Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) and Mobile on the following dates:

Carnival Imagination Long Beach 10/06/2016 onwards

Carnival Inspiration Long Beach 10/07/2016 onwards

Carnival Miracle Long Beach 10/08/2016 onwards

Carnival Conquest Fort Lauderdale 10/09/2016 onwards

Carnival Fantasy Mobile 11/09/2016 onwards

They want you to get FTTF and today the price went up to $70 & $80. WOW

So why am I having a hard time understanding this. We are platinum with priority boarding. Why would we have to choose a check-in time? Wouldn't we board "before" the first staggered boarding time of 12-12:30pm in Long Beach? I don't know whether I still need to choose a time if we are supposed to board first? Then what happens if the earlier boarding times get taken fast and you can't choose until say 3pm but are still platinum priority. This perk would be taken away or what?

Edited by vinsheer

So why am I having a hard time understanding this. We are platinum with priority boarding. Why would we have to choose a check-in time? Wouldn't we board "before" the first staggered boarding time of 12-12:30pm in Long Beach? I don't know whether I still need to choose a time if we are supposed to board first? Then what happens if the earlier boarding times get taken fast and you can't choose until say 3pm but are still platinum priority. This perk would be taken away or what?

It's really not that confusing. You will always have priority status, can arrive when you want and will board first.

Everyone must pick a check in time. Why is irrelevant. In your case, it doesnt matter.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3180/~/staggered-check-in

Edited by StolidCruiser

If LB is going to a later checkin, I think it's a good idea....Gives crew more time to get the ship in order from previous cruise. Later checkin means more rooms will be ready and that will help limit the train wreck that invariably happens on checkin day with bags strewn all over the Lido deck. Later checkin, combined with staggered checkin should be the rule for every port

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

Having sailed out of Long Beach a time or two, I don't understand in the least why their earliest check-in time is so late. We're usually boarding by 11:30 or 12:00. Now it's going to be an hour later? That's ridiculous.

Think of the advantages, check in is 12-1230, meaning boarding will be around 1....most, if not all cabins are ready by that time

Edited by First and Ten

So I have a couple of questions, especially to anyone who has already been through this and is not priority.

I am not purchasing Faster to the Fun. If I would like to pick a check in time that will get me closest to the 1:30 so that I will not have to drag my carry on around what time would you check? 1:00 PM?

Along the same note, if you did this check in at another port, from the time you checked in until you got on the boat, about how much time did it take?

FYI we will be doing FLL.

Thanks!

So I have a couple of questions, especially to anyone who has already been through this and is not priority.

I am not purchasing Faster to the Fun. If I would like to pick a check in time that will get me closest to the 1:30 so that I will not have to drag my carry on around what time would you check? 1:00 PM?

Along the same note, if you did this check in at another port, from the time you checked in until you got on the boat, about how much time did it take?

FYI we will be doing FLL.

Thanks!

I would always puck the earliest available check in time, there is no penalty for arriving late. You never know, your travel plans may need to change you you might be at the port earlier than you think.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That 12:30 time in Long Beach for the earliest check in just seems too late. I wonder if it is a web site issue ?

All the other ports have earlier times available.

Hmm:confused:

Someone on our October HI cruise called and was told they could check in at 11. Doesn't sound right to me but we are the second Miracle cruise with Staggered Check In. We will see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's really not that confusing. You will always have priority status, can arrive when you want and will board first.

Everyone must pick a check in time. Why is irrelevant. In your case, it doesnt matter.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3180/~/staggered-check-in

That's what I thought. Let myself get caught up in the moment :p

Don't see why so many are complaining about the staggered check in for Long Beach. I personally am really happy they're switching it over to staggered, especially since I have heard boarding and check in at Long Beach is a mess! They did this just in time too, I was hoping they'd have staggered for my upcoming cruise on Miracle in March, and my prayers were answered haha.

We experienced staggered check in at port of Miami this past March for our Glory cruise, and I was very impressed with the check in, very quick and lines went by super fast, the longest part was just waiting to get called the board, but the check in process was outstanding!

We sailed on Princess out of San Pedro in March 2015, and they didn't let us start checking in till around noon and we didn't board till around 1, and what was nice was we got right on and the rooms were ready for us, and this will most likely be the case with the Miracle now too, so I really don't get the whole fuss. If you get there early, you just stay sitting around so what do you gain by sitting in the terminal waiting around for a while to board the ship? I think it's just better arriving at 12:30-1 (time slot I picked for our Miracle cruise), checking in, and boarding the ship. Yeah you loose some time, but most cruises board around noon, that was the time we boarded the Glory in Miami. Crew needs time to get the ship nice and clean and ready for the next cruise as well.

Hopefully this new system helps Long Beach!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Alexv500

I would always puck the earliest available check in time, there is no penalty for arriving late. You never know, your travel plans may need to change you you might be at the port earlier than you think.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did choose the earlier time. So you can go in at or after your time?

NO one is complaining about "staggered check in".

Some of us are complaining that it is starting too late in Long Beach.

There are other ports where the first slot is 10:30 or 11AM.

Remember these times are just for checking in.

Who knows what time we'll be on the ship now with such a late start for the process???

NO one is complaining about "staggered check in".

Some of us are complaining that it is starting too late in Long Beach.

There are other ports where the first slot is 10:30 or 11AM.

Remember these times are just for checking in.

Who knows what time we'll be on the ship now with such a late start for the process???

You do have to keep in mind they have to clear the ship through customs, get the previous set of passenger off and clean the ship and get it ready for the next cruise. By starting at noon, there shouldn't be any delays with all that, hopefully.

It is very odd how the earliest slot isn't till 12:30pm, but who knows we shall see how it turns out, maybe they'll make some adjustments once they start doing this new check in process at Long Beach. Just fingers crossed it all goes smoothly and that we may all have successful and efficient embarkation days at LB!

Edited by Alexv500

I think Long Beach will benefit from staggered check in, but starting check-in at noon probably means boarding at 1:00 pm or after. It just seems too late. Yes, I know that there are times when that happens already, but they are the exception. People often board at Long Beach before noon currently. It is not going to ruin the cruise by any means. I just find it odd that the first check-in time is so late. Checkin time is not usually boarding time. If you checking and go straight to boarding, it may not be too bad. I just wish I wasn't on the first cruise rolling this out in Long Beach.

I think Long Beach will benefit from staggered check in, but starting check-in at noon probably means boarding at 1:00 pm or after. It just seems too late. Yes, I know that there are times when that happens already, but they are the exception. People often board at Long Beach before noon currently. It is not going to ruin the cruise by any means. I just find it odd that the first check-in time is so late. Checkin time is not usually boarding time. If you checking and go straight to boarding, it may not be too bad. I just wish I wasn't on the first cruise rolling this out in Long Beach.

Isn't normal sailing time out of LB 4:30 -5 pm? If so, if you start boarding at 1, that is plenty of time to load the ship

Edited by First and Ten