Valuetrips question

cruizn2escape

I tried to book Hyatt Place on value trips, but kept getting an error message when I submitted my reservation request. Any ideas why or if this happens often? Thanks for your help.

Possible black-out days....or their all booked for the times your requesting.

Happened to me as well for Aug 12, 2017 booking.

Tried Aug 19, 2017 but to no avail.

Error

No email was sent due to an error.

403 Variable Name too long

H‹EèH‹@‹UüHcÒHÁâHÐH‹PH‹MØH‹EÐH‰ÎH‰Ç¸

cgiemail 1.6

Can I ask a related question? Is Valuetrips usually a good company to book through? Their pricing seems to be a little too good to be true at least for the hotel I am considering (Hyatt Place, almost 1/2 price compared to booking direct). I have not actually tried booking with them yet so I cannot comment about the problems mentioned by others in this thread.

Can I ask a related question? Is Valuetrips usually a good company to book through? Their pricing seems to be a little too good to be true at least for the hotel I am considering (Hyatt Place, almost 1/2 price compared to booking direct). I have not actually tried booking with them yet so I cannot comment about the problems mentioned by others in this thread.

Yes it is generally a good place to book this particular hotel. There sometimes is a few day delay in getting a confirmation. However, some find the need to check their spam folders to find the VT confirmation or actually call the hotel direct to get the res. number.

Haven't heard of the error message before. Perhaps they are having a tech problem. I wouldn't give up.

But, know that the site gets lots of recs here and rooms are limited in number or blacked out during the peak weekends. Always smart to book a cancellable room while shopping around during peak dates. Too, always follow up a week or so after booking on any third party site with a call direct to the hotel for the hotel confirmation number.

Yes it is generally a good place to book this particular hotel. There sometimes is a few day delay in getting a confirmation. However, some find the need to check their spam folders to find the VT confirmation or actually call the hotel direct to get the res. number.

Thanks eandj, I have never seen this site mentioned until a day or two ago. We stayed at the Hyatt last year using "points" and we were impressed with the hotel.

Am I missing something? When I go to http://www.valuetrips.com and click on the link for the Hyatt Place, then the link to see the Super Value Rates, I see the published rates, but dont see any place where I can actually try to submit a reservation. I only see a message posted above the rates as follows:

"Reservations are temporarily unavailable,

but will return as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Am I missing something? When I go to http://www.valuetrips.com and click on the link for the Hyatt Place, then the link to see the Super Value Rates, I see the published rates, but dont see any place where I can actually try to submit a reservation. I only see a message posted above the rates as follows:

"Reservations are temporarily unavailable,

but will return as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience."

I noticed the same message when I tried to book the Hyatt for February. I imagine they are having technical issues... will check again in the morning (fingers crossed)...

I send in a request for January 2017 in August. I had not received my confirmation email after a couple days. I used their contact information from their website and asked about my reservation. I called Hyatt Place and they had my reservation. After I had called Hyatt Place, I received an email from Valuetrip with my confirmation email and it stated they were having computer problems.

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that the ValueTrips reservation system for booking at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street is working again.

We had a server problem that has now been fixed.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your support.

The ValueTrips team.

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that the ValueTrips reservation system for booking at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street is working again.

We had a server problem that has now been fixed.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your support.

The ValueTrips team.

Awesome.

Just sent a reservation request :)

Do they send a confirmation that the request was even submitted? Or is it normal to not hear anything for several days?

First time I have used them so not sure.My confirmation I got this morning stated the reservation was made,room details,the amount and a confirmation number.I checked Hyatt's website and it was a valid confirmation number.

Maybe try again if you sent your request while they were having server issues.Worse thing is you have two reservations and you just have to cancel one.

Just a quick update. I submitted my request on Thursday the 8th, received my confirmation this morning, so 6 days (including the weekend). This was for the Hyatt Place on 10th Ave. Price was as quoted on the valuetrips web site for my arrival date.

Edited by Mickey_Maniac