Usual day and time for Connections Party?

CTSandy

Leaving this Sunday (8/28) for the Summit cruise to Bermuda. I wondered it they had a "usual" day for the Connections Party. We wanted to attend the party and also wanted to do the galley tour and wondered if there would be a conflict. I've done meet and greets on NCL and they're usually the first full sea day at 11 or 11:30 - didn't know if Celebrity follows the same type of schedule.

Thanks for any info!

If you signed up, you should get an invitation in your stateroom when you embark. It's usually in the morning of the first sea day as mentioned. You can then see if it will conflict with your galley tour.

The best way to do a meet & greet is to meet everyone at sail away right after the muster drill, back at the Oceanview/sunset bar. That way you can have a few drinks and mingle with others. Name tags are a good way to recognize each other, or some wear mardi gras beads.

While, in general, the Connections Parties are scheduled on the first sea day, as it is on the Bermuda cruise, there can be exceptions. For example, on a recent cruise on the Connie, the Connections Party was scheduled the first evening of the cruise, because the first sea day wasn't until six days into the cruise.

This will be my first Celebrity cruise but on Princess we used to do a gift exchange at the cruise critic meeting. You bring something from where you live and they did a swap type of exchange. Do they do the same thing on Celebrity?

This will be my first Celebrity cruise but on Princess we used to do a gift exchange at the cruise critic meeting. You bring something from where you live and they did a swap type of exchange. Do they do the same thing on Celebrity?

Someone on your r/c would have to organize any gift exchanges or raffles, that you might want.

The Celebrity "Connections" party is ship-sponsored and they set the time and venue. A staff member will host it and they may or may not have an agenda planned. You might be able to include a gift exchange in the time frame that the space has been reserved.

Princess does not offer a sponsored event and it's all managed by people on the roll call. Someone will contact the cruise line ahead of time to set a time and place. Sometimes Princess will send staff to the event, sometimes not.

If you want to have a gift exchange, suggest it on your roll call and see who's interested.