Beverage package vs Capt Club drink vouchers

I found out on my recent cruise that if you order a drink during the times that the CC coupons are valid, the staff prefers you use the coupons rather than just exercise your drink package. I was told by one of bar staff that he gets a better tip with the coupon. I confirmed this with a second waiter the next night. From that point on, I always tried to remember to take my coupons with me to the bar during the valid hours.

How does one get CC drink coupons?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sail on a cruise that has a very large contingent of Elite/Elite+ E.g. Transatlantics usually, some other itineraries that are popular with seasoned cruisers.

Generally, though, you will not get coupons but only access to the Elite/Elite+ lounge from 5-7.

By being Elite and higher. If they don't have a hosted Elite cocktail party from 5 to 7pm in one of the lounges, you will get drink coupons instead to be used at any of the bars.

Just for info, though, they always have the Elite lounge from 5-7, even if there are coupons.

Also for education, most of the cruises just have the cocktail hour from 5-7 for Elites and up. No coupons given on the majority of cruises, only those with large numbers of Elites. Cocktail hour is the default, coupons are last resort so to speak.

Just for info, though, they always have the Elite lounge from 5-7, even if there are coupons.

Sorry, but that's not true. We have been on several cruises where they have used coupons and the sky lounge (or equivalent) was open to anyone elite or not.

You can also go up to the sky lounge as elite and if you're on a beverage package you can order whatever you want on your package, they'll serve anything, not just captains club drinks. We go up there just because it's a beautiful room especially at sunset during the cocktail hours. And we like a little appetizer or two since we usually don't eat until after 8.

Recently, the Sky Lounge has been open to everyone at "cocktail time". The coupons are good for the Captain Club menu drinks and the Beverage Package will take care of the ones not using coupons.

I am Elite Plus but always get the Premium package through my travel agent so I enjoy my Johnny Walker Black. The World Class Bar now has Johnny Walker Double Black. Excellent - if you like a little taste of smoke in your Scotch.