Laundry on the Koningsdam?

cassandra44

We are thinking of doing a transatlantic Rome-Ft Lauderdale in the fall of 2017 and have been checking out features of the new ship. Is there a self service laundry on board? We will be doing some touring before the cruise so would be nice to have one....and we do not like using the laundry service.

We have sailed several times on HAL before...the last in the Med on the Niew Amsterdam which we enjoyed very much. A bit troubled by some of the negative reviews of the Koningsdam (we would miss the Promenade deck) but the itinerary is a good one so have to weight up pros and cos.

No self service laundry room.

2017 -- prices listed above for laundry may be higher by then.

If you do book the Koningsdam, as it gets closer to your sailing date, you can call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 to get a price on the unlimited laundry.

Edited by Krazy Kruizers

No self laundry, but you can pre-purchase unlimited laundry for $144.00 for 2 weeks or one bag for $30.00 FILLED.

I detest the laundry...would never trust a ship laundry. We did once on Oceania and the clothes were washed much too hi temp .....and presumably they are washed with other peoples clothes. Shudder!

I detest the laundry...would never trust a ship laundry. We did once on Oceania and the clothes were washed much too hi temp .....and presumably they are washed with other peoples clothes. Shudder!

Not only that, but they wash your plates, glassware and tableware with other people's also! How yuck...

There is no self service laundry on K'dam. On the other hand both of my laundry submissions were returned later the same day, great service. As to the reviews, K'dam is a new ship and she had some teething problems to be sure, however it was the consensus at our M&G that these reviews were way off base, Our initial impression was that K'dam exceeded our expectations and during the subsequent two weeks she certainly met and often exceeded my expectations. Without a doubt the friendliest dam ship I've been on

Bob

Not only that, but they wash your plates, glassware and tableware with other people's also! How yuck...

I know you were making a joke because we all know that the dishes etc are washed at very high temps - so, as you are no doubt aware, there is no comparison! Clothes, on the other hand, dont usually get washed at boiling point temps!

How do you think the sheets and towels you use on board get washed? With other peoples. Same for the linen napkins.

We have used the ships unlimited laundry service on several cruises. Nothing was ever damaged. We were very pleased with the service.

Edited by Daisyloo

How do you think the sheets and towels you use on board get washed? With other peoples. Same for the linen napkins.

We have used the ships unlimited laundry service on several cruises. Nothing was ever damaged. We were very pleased with the service.

Being chief washer woman of my domain, I relish the idea of not doing one stitch of laundry for 14 solid days personally. And no suitcases full of dirty stuff to take home either. THAT is, I think, my favorite part. I too have found HAL's laundry and dry cleaning services to be stellar. Nothing beats coming back to your room after fun and/or resting all day to find the HAL laundry staff have pressed, folded, or hung up all your duds. Worth every penny. :)

I know you were making a joke because we all know that the dishes etc are washed at very high temps - so, as you are no doubt aware, there is no comparison! Clothes, on the other hand, dont usually get washed at boiling point temps!

Trying on new clothes at a store must be a traumatic experience. You never know who might have tried that dress before you! Shudder!!! :)

We used the unlimited laundry on a different HAL ship for everything except delicates and it was great. The only difficult thing was peeling the identifying labels off of each piece - lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Viv0828

The only difficult thing was peeling the identifying labels off of each piece

Question, this is the first time using the laundry service. You say there's ID labels, how does that work as filling them out?

Question, this is the first time using the laundry service. You say there's ID labels, how does that work as filling them out?

You will fill out a form with the number of shirts, pants, socks etc that you are sending out for laundering. You keep a copy and the other copies go with the clothes. The laundry workers will attach very small tags to an inconspicuous inside area in each piece of clothing. When the laundry comes back to your cabin it will be clean, nicely pressed, and folded or on hangers. :)

The little tags stay in for a long time unless you pull them off. I've found some many month later - a nice reminder of the cruise.

Great service at a reasonable cost (for the unlimited package)!

We are past the point of ironing at home, so my clothes are so much spiffier on the ship after my jeans (or shorts) are pressed and folded so nice.

The few times we had minor issues we received credit in excess of the value of the garment, and could still wear it.

We will be using the service daily beginning in less than eight weeks!

We have always used the HAL stuff a bag laundry. Its amazing how much tou can get in that small bag (which I hope is not getting smaller).

As I recall, however, that does not include pressing of clothes that need it. Is this still the case with the unlimited laundry?

As I recall, however, that does not include pressing of clothes that need it. Is this still the case with the unlimited laundry?

Clothes sent out for washing, whether by the piece, bag, or unlimited, are pressed (if appropriate for the piece) before returning. Pressing alone, without washing, is a separate price list. Pressing can be paid for either by the piece or an unlimited package can be purchased.

Clothes sent out for washing, whether by the piece, bag, or unlimited, are pressed (if appropriate for the piece) before returning. Pressing alone, without washing, is a separate price list. Pressing can be paid for either by the piece or an unlimited package can be purchased.

Thanks. Do you recall the prices for bundled laundry or weekly plans?