Mitsugirlys FASCINATION with San Juan-review & pictorial

mitsugirly

P8110062%20copy-L.jpg

Inside where you check in

P8110066%20copy-L.jpg

P8110067%20copy-L.jpg

P8110068%20copy-L.jpg

P8110069%20copy-L.jpg

I managed to finally get checked in and I did ask the lady at the front desk if we were just allowed to get our own luggage and take it or if they had to bring it (because the guy outside had originally told me that once we were checked in, they would let him know what room to deliver it to and the way he presented it to me was it would be "later" and not instantly). I wanted my luggage with me and needed to freshen up, redo the hair and change out of my wet britches that was soaked in sticky pop from the flight. I didn't want to have to wait on delivery of luggage. I had also seen others taking their own luggage too.

So out we went to retrieve it...except the guy insisted and said he would walk with us and "show you how to get to your room". We were already told (and pointed to the building next to where we were at) the building and second floor. I mean how hard can it be? But once again, he insisted.

Off we went to our room with him in tow.

I entered the room and thought...yep, this is my home for the next few days. I can deal with this.

Entrance:

P8110028%20copy-L.jpg

A little area off to the right of the entrance with a counter, coffee machine, cups, ice bucket and refrigerator.

P8110031%20copy-L.jpg

The beds were sitting on a platform and I will just go ahead and say now...these beds were COMFORTABLE!! I slept wonderful while we were here. Absolutely wonderful!

P8110027%20copy-L.jpg

P8110029%20copy-L.jpg

There was a nice little desk area, which would become the hubbys office for the next few days.

P8110030%20copy-L.jpg

The bathroom is off the to right as we walked in. This has got to be the biggest bathroom ever!!! Seriously.

P8110032%20copy-L.jpg

I loved the little cut back at the end of the bathtub that gave you plenty of room to put your shampoo and stuff there.

P8110036%20copy-L.jpg

The water had awesome pressure but I do have to mention that the tub itself had a bit of a slope to it on the edges so getting in and out you need to be careful and hold the handrail on the wall so your feet don't slip out from under you on the curve. I'm prone to breaking things, especially during vacation, so I was extra careful with the tub.

Right behind the tub was a little room with the toilet.

P8110035%20copy-L.jpg

The middle of the bathroom was huge and open and led over to the vanity area.

P8110033%20copy-L.jpg

Behind these doors is a closet with bath robes and places to hang clothes, there's a thing in there with drawers and plenty of storage...along with iron and ironing board.

P8110034%20copy-L.jpg

I swear I thought I took a picture of it open, but can't seem to locate it. Oh well, just know it's the biggest bathroom and area that I have ever seen in a hotel before. I was very impressed. Plenty of room for people to get ready at the same time if you are a family or dare I say a bunch of women traveling together. :D

On to the balcony. WOW!! That's all I can say. Well actually, I can say a lot more. This thing was HUGE! You could throw a party out there and never bump into each other huge.

It had a nice "garden" view (which is what they called it) but it was a view of the tennis courts and basketball courts, but still very pretty out there. You could see the mountains in the distance (which might have been the rain forest? Or just mountains). You could also see the ocean off in the distance.

P8110037%20copy-L.jpg

P8110038%20copy-L.jpg

It had a bump out (some of the rooms had them and others didn't).

P8110039%20copy-L.jpg

P8110044%20copy-L.jpg

IMG_5218%20copy-L.jpg

IMG_5217%20copy-L.jpg

Yay! I'm so excited to read your review as the Southern Caribbean itinerary is one of my favorites!! Also, you actually DID see the forts from the plane. In the photos with the cruise ship docked at the pier, the fort is on the opposite coast right above the cruise ship. The other fort (El Morro) is to the right at the end of the peninsula. It is cut off in your photo, but I'm sure you saw it and didn't know what you were looking at :) All that green grass on the far right is the lawn in front of the fort.

It was a little cloudy and I wondered if we were going to get some rain. Remember I had an excursion planned for tonight, so while I don't mind if it's cloudy, the rain might be a little different.

P8110041%20copy-L.jpg

P8110040%20copy-L.jpg

You can see the various rooms with the bump out here:

P8110042%20copy-L.jpg

I did question if they had cleaned my room prior to us coming there because this was my trash can...

P8110046%20copy-L.jpg

I did find something else that made me also question the room, but I can't remember what it was.

I have to say that I seriously HATE when anyone puts stickers on my luggage. Stickers and my luggage don't go well together. It's hard to get off and it never come off whole. I'm forced to use wet rags to get it moist and create a knife with my fingernail to peel stickers off little by little. There has been several times that the airline has put stickers on it and it's just so annoying.

So, the bell hop decided to sticker my luggage up as well when he took it. I do remember that when we were on our way to the room, I looked over at the luggage and seen this rather long sticker across all of them. I made a comment about "What the heck? Where did this sticker come from? Who put a sticker on it? I can't stand when people put stickers on the luggage because it's so hard to get off!" At that point I had no idea that it was the hotel or THIS guy that did it. I thought maybe it was something at the airline again (although I did not recognize this type of sticker from before).

P8130675%20copy-L.jpg

The guy did not say a word to me but I would later discover that it was him that put it on there. Once I found this attached to the luggage...

P8130674%20copy-L.jpg

On the "other side" of the room (front door) was a beautiful open area in the middle of this particular hotel. It was nicely landscaped with huge unique trees, blossoming flowers, and a lot of vocal frogs!

P8110047%20copy-L.jpg

P8110051%20copy-L.jpg

P8110052%20copy-L.jpg

P8110054%20copy-L.jpg

P8120205%20copy-L.jpg

P8120206%20copy-L.jpg

On to explore more of the hotel. This place is so huge that I think you would have to spend a week there of constantly exploring every inch without going off the property.

There is an entire shopping mall in this place with all your needs.

P8110071%20copy-L.jpg

P8120177%20copy-L.jpg

P8120176%20copy-L.jpg

P8120179%20copy-L.jpg

Shops inside, shops outside. They are everywhere and located in different areas and buildings.

P8120220%20copy-L.jpg

P8120217%20copy-L.jpg

P8120169%20copy-L.jpg

P8120171%20copy-L.jpg

There are several birds located inside one of the buildings off to the main reception area. They had 2 birds in one cage and another bird in another cage (then we would later find another huge cage outside too).

Would you look at the age of one of the birds? The other bird was really old too but I forgot to take a picture of it.

P8130651%20copy-L.jpg

P8120170%20copy-L.jpg

P8120197%20copy-L.jpg

P8120173%20copy-L.jpg

P8120172%20copy-L.jpg

There is an area that included pool tables, games, and an area for dancing.

P8120175%20copy-L.jpg

P8120178%20copy-L.jpg

This was the area one night when we went by and the place was popping with music and dancing.

P8130662%20copy-L.jpg

P8120174%20copy-L.jpg

I got a kick out of the snacks there one night.

P8110072%20copy-L.jpg

P8120196%20copy-L.jpg

Yep, there's an escalator, which leads up to more restaurants (there's tons of restaurants in this hotel...everything you could possibly crave from a steakhouse, to asian, hamburgers, ice cream, snacks, pizza...the list goes on.)

P8120198%20copy-L.jpg

P8120199%20copy-L.jpg

P8120200%20copy-L.jpg

P8120203%20copy-L.jpg

P8120204%20copy-L.jpg

P8120202%20copy-L.jpg

P8120215%20copy-L.jpg

P8130522%20copy-L.jpg

P8130600%20copy-L.jpg

There is an area that had the most beautiful view looking over the ocean. When I took these pictures, I thought I was taking a picture of the private island for the hotel, but I would later discover this was not it.

P8120213%20copy-L.jpg

P8120214%20copy-L.jpg

We are going to move on to some night time pictures of the hotel. This hotel has lights everywhere you go and they are bright and they are pretty. I really enjoyed the landscaping, architecture, and layout of this hotel...and of course the lighting.

I also have to mention that the sky, the night these pictures were taken, was so blue and made for some interesting pictures.

P8130602%20copy-L.jpg

P8130605%20copy-L.jpg

P8130604%20copy-L.jpg

P8130606%20copy-L.jpg

P8130607%20copy-L.jpg

P8130608%20copy-L.jpg

P8130609%20copy-L.jpg

P8130610%20copy-L.jpg

P8130611%20copy-L.jpg

This was an area above the pool and close to the entrance area and had an outdoor restaurant and bar. It was a nice little area that you could get breakfast at and food during the day and evening, along with pizza.

P8130613%20copy-L.jpg

P8130612%20copy-L.jpg

P8130614%20copy-L.jpg