Passports?

SeattleSuz

So, my hubbys and my passports expire on Sunday and I just submitted our applications for renewals on Monday (*crossing my fingers that nothing goes wrong with processing*).

NCL has not yet asked for Passport information for any of our travel group. When will they need that information??

Its not a big deal, when doing on line check in just put that you are cruising on a birth certificate and finish the process. It doesn't matter and when you get to the terminal just show them the passport.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Or put in the old passport numbers if it's not a domestic cruise. Hopefully the system will accept that. It's just to finish the online check-in so you can get your edocs and luggage tags. They will take note of your new passport info at check-in on embarkation day.

If it doesn't work, don't worry, you don't have to complete online check-in. They can do everything at the terminal on the day of sailing, it just takes s little more time.

Its not a big deal, when doing on line check in just put that you are cruising on a birth certificate and finish the process. It doesn't matter and when you get to the terminal just show them the passport.

Yep, or OP could amend online info after renewed passports are received. We did that when we renewed our passports. We put in the old passport numbers but then changed them to the new numbers after receiving the new passports. It is also possible to fill in all the other info, leaving document info blank to complete later.

Edited by NMLady

Just an FYI, I mailed mine on the 19th, got a notification today from the State Department that I can expect delivery between the 6th and the 8th. Seems to be taking about 2.5 - 3 weeks right now.

Or put in the old passport numbers if it's not a domestic cruise. Hopefully the system will accept that. It's just to finish the online check-in so you can get your edocs and luggage tags. They will take note of your new passport info at check-in on embarkation day.

If it doesn't work, don't worry, you don't have to complete online check-in. They can do everything at the terminal on the day of sailing, it just takes s little more time.

Be careful about entering fraudulent information (passport number with non-expired expiration date). In the US, all of that data is transmitted to Immigration and Customs who cross checks and screens the data before you sail. You may end up with a lifetime of travel woes if you get caught and flagged every time you travel.

Be careful about entering fraudulent information (passport number with non-expired expiration date). In the US, all of that data is transmitted to Immigration and Customs who cross checks and screens the data before you sail. You may end up with a lifetime of travel woes if you get caught and flagged every time you travel.
I won't pretend to know what the authorities do with the data people enter on NCL's online check-in form. But I do know that they don't take your word for it that the information is correct. Lots of people enter the wrong numbers, or numbers for a different document than what they actually end up boarding with. That's why the check-in agent at the terminal has to physically examine your travel documents. So they can make sure it's you, and enter the actual data that goes in the final passenger manifest. Maybe they take a closer look at people whose passenger info suddenly changes on departure day, but again, that's a lot of people, and I'm sure they don't all get flagged for a lifetime of travel woes.

I won't pretend to know what the authorities do with the data people enter on NCL's online check-in form. But I do know that they don't take your word for it that the information is correct. Lots of people enter the wrong numbers, or numbers for a different document than what they actually end up boarding with.

That's why the check-in agent at the terminal has to physically examine your travel documents. So they can make sure it's you, and enter the actual data that goes in the final passenger manifest. Maybe they take a closer look at people whose passenger info suddenly changes on departure day, but again, that's a lot of people, and I'm sure they don't all get flagged for a lifetime of travel woes.

I agree. Unintentional typos at online check-in can be "cured" during this process.

Phew! I realized that they were nearly expired and was in a panic to get the applications filled out, passport pics etc. Hopefully, we get them sooner than anticipated, so I can stop freaking out!

We applied for passports last week and got an email saying they are processing them.

Just an FYI, I mailed mine on the 19th, got a notification today from the State Department that I can expect delivery between the 6th and the 8th. Seems to be taking about 2.5 - 3 weeks right now.

Which almost goes to prove that you do not need "ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY HAS TO BE HANDLED WITH EXPENSIVE OVERNIGHT EXPRESS SERVICE" !

More than a month skip the express stuff.

You ship sails at dawn well that is not going to help either.

Still yet it is not a good idea to have a high wire act just before sailing.

Give your government a "RUSH JOB" and it may likely be botched on the time limits !

Nice that the government gave you a heads up on the expected delivery as if meeting time limits wasn't stressful enough already !

Enjoy your cruise !

Which almost goes to prove that you do not need "ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY HAS TO BE HANDLED WITH EXPENSIVE OVERNIGHT EXPRESS SERVICE" !

More than a month skip the express stuff.

You ship sails at dawn well that is not going to help either.

Still yet it is not a good idea to have a high wire act just before sailing.

Give your government a "RUSH JOB" and it may likely be botched on the time limits !

Nice that the government gave you a heads up on the expected delivery as if meeting time limits wasn't stressful enough already !

Enjoy your cruise !

You forgot hopefully all of your "T's" were crossed and "i's" are dotted.....a clerical error can delay things forever.....they make something so easy a logistical nightmare.

So, my hubbys and my passports expire on Sunday and I just submitted our applications for renewals on Monday (*crossing my fingers that nothing goes wrong with processing*).

NCL has not yet asked for Passport information for any of our travel group. When will they need that information??

Based on my very recent experience you should have your new passports back no later than September 15th. Mine took exactly 15 days counting the day of mailing (it just got here today so I know this is recent, accurate information for a renewal).

Based on my very recent experience you should have your new passports back no later than September 15th. Mine took exactly 15 days counting the day of mailing (it just got here today so I know this is recent, accurate information for a renewal).

Give or take, what with the Labor Day holiday and all! lol

Glad to know they are so fast!!!