Printing off Xpress pass

The Med

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I have just completed online check in and printed off the Xpress pass for my other half.

I was then about to print off another for myself but it says "check in complete"

I was under the impression that we had to have an Xpress pass each (like on airlines) but looking at what I have printed off it does mention both our names.

Is this correct then that we only need one Xpress pass for the two of us?

On another subject I am trying to print off the luggage tags but there doesn't appear to be a way to do this without printing off the whole guest booklet which seems to be a waste of paper and ink.

Any other way to get the luggage tags without printing off a whole tree?

Thanks for your expert help!

You only need the one express for both of you.

When your printers dialog box opens you should have the option to print only certain pages. The luggage tags are probably on the last page or so of the e-doc PDF so just print those pages.

I never knew that about the printer...it worked.

Thank you so much.

Or you could wait until about 49 days before your cruise and request that Celebrity send you the pre-made tags with adhesive on them.

Some people say they request them and never get them. In 6 years of cruising with Celebrity I've requested them and got them for every cruise, including the one I leave on in a week.

Or you could wait until about 49 days before your cruise and request that Celebrity send you the pre-made tags with adhesive on them.

Some people say they request them and never get them. In 6 years of cruising with Celebrity I've requested them and got them for every cruise, including the one I leave on in a week.

The OP is in the UK, we dont get sent pre-made tags in the UK, we have to print ours off ourselves.

Not so, family got theirs in the U.K. very recently.

Well we sure don't get them delivered I n Australia, only way to get luggage tags before arriving at the pier is to print them off out of the edoc (and yes is the only page necessary to print out of the whole document!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubt they are the previously quoted adhesive backed variety - we haven't seen them for 3-4 years at least.

Our T/A does however print off six or so colour paper copies for us to fold and fix, and posts them out with our cruise docs booklet.

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I have just completed online check in and printed off the Xpress pass for my other half.

I was then about to print off another for myself but it says "check in complete"

I was under the impression that we had to have an Xpress pass each (like on airlines) but looking at what I have printed off it does mention both our names.

Is this correct then that we only need one Xpress pass for the two of us?

On another subject I am trying to print off the luggage tags but there doesn't appear to be a way to do this without printing off the whole guest booklet which seems to be a waste of paper and ink.

Any other way to get the luggage tags without printing off a whole tree?

Thanks for your expert help!

I'm so glad you asked this question, as I had the same query too after printing off just one Express pass! We're used to RCI where we have a SetSail pass each- thanks for getting it clarified!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I sailed on the Constellation in January and did not ask for luggage tags but Celebrity mailed them anyway! The tags from the printer are garbage. I printed tags for my March sailing on Jewel of the Seas and even waited to put them on till we landed in San Juan. Two bags were not delivered to the cabin because they fell off, had to down to claim them.

Wait to get tags from the porters at the pier.

The tags from the printer are garbage, Two bags were not delivered to the cabin because they fell off, .

The tags from "the printer" are only as good as your own personal printer and the quality of paper that you buy!

If I feel that I am worried about the quality then I would laminate them or at least strengthen them with sticky tape.

The tags from "the printer" are only as good as your own personal printer and the quality of paper that you buy!

If I feel that I am worried about the quality then I would laminate them or at least strengthen them with sticky tape.

If you are getting to the port yourselves, not using a method were the tags need to be seen before then to cull you bags, the port side handlers will make you tags there. If however you are using Celebrity transportation direct from the airport invest in some wide clear packing tape to put on the self printed tags. Our last cruise we never received the requested tags from celebrity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I doubt they are the previously quoted adhesive backed variety - we haven't seen them for 3-4 years at least.

Our T/A does however print off six or so colour paper copies for us to fold and fix, and posts them out with our cruise docs booklet.

They are adhesive backed and they did order them on line from Celebrity and got them mailed to their address in the U.K. They are identical to the ones I received in Canada for our Cruise. The reason I know is that I got an emailed photo showing them with the caption " luggage tags arrived". We head out together this week.

To be on the safe side, i encase them in see through Glad Press and Seal. I then scotch tape them, punch a hole through and put a plastic tie on. I put them on the cases when we arrive at our Port Hotel.

We made the small investment to buy plastic luggage sleeves and ties that we reuse each cruise. They've been brilliant and saves a lot of mucking about. We have the tags all set up before we leave home, pop them in my wives bag, and just attach them when we need to after flying into the cruise departure city.

4e0143e7c68ace3acb10dab1423823a9.jpg

Available here

http://cruisebagtags.com

Or even on eBay.

Edited by QE2_Fan

Well they were not available for our UK booked voyage in May.

I threw a little tantrum but was told that the printing company had been unreliable so they just stopped it. I got lots of posts from the Americas telling me I was wrong. I wasn't. UK bookings has us as second class citizens once again.

Paying big bucks for a suite and then having to print out paper labels and staple them on to luggage is not only nonsense, it's guaranteed to lose bags between quayside and cabin. Other lines still send you a proper voyage ininerary with tags in the back which are difficult to tear or damage.

Did you family book with a US TA?

Yes they did! Pehaps that was the reason they got them. Can't understand why they were able to order theirs through the E Docs and folk booking in the U.K. can't go through the same process. Not a big deal, on our Jan Caribbean cruise, X had a glitch and we didn't get them, just printed off and prepared as per my post of earlier today. Got to run, a plane to catch for Athens for our Med cruise, yippee!!

Edited by janewe

Yes they did! Pehaps that was the reason they got them. Can't understand why they were able to order theirs through the E Docs and folk booking in the U.K. can't go through the same process. Not a big deal, on our Jan Caribbean cruise, X had a glitch and we didn't get them, just printed off and prepared as per my post of earlier today. Got to run, a plane to catch for Athens for our Med cruise, yippee!!

Thought they may have;it is indeed the reason ;). Have a great cruise :).

We made the small investment to buy plastic luggage sleeves and ties that we reuse each cruise. They've been brilliant and saves a lot of mucking about. We have the tags all set up before we leave home, pop them in my wives bag, and just attach them when we need to after flying into the cruise departure city.

4e0143e7c68ace3acb10dab1423823a9.jpg

Available here

http://cruisebagtags.comŷ

Or even on eBay.

I didn't even know these tags existed.

I ordered some and they came today ....thanks for the recommendation.

They will do the job nicely.