Unlimited soda and more package

PoohUnderstands

On all my past cruises I have refused to pay more and have just had coffee, water, ice tea, and lemonade!!!! But this trip I decided to indulge myself and see if worth the extra monies. I purchased the above and all I see about it is this:

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Can anyone who has used this give me some more insight into how it works? Like do I pick up anything to show I have purchased this? Will it be on my keycard? Do I get a "free" mug or cup or anything? Any special drinks or venues that would be nice to know about? So I am guessing this means I can have free virgin strawberry daiquiris, pina colatas, etc? Can I get then free coke products and above drinks at dinner too? Also, juices? What exactly is this? They are free at meals anyway.

Thanks for any input. Funny, but am kinda excited about trying this for the first time in sooo many cruises!

Pooh

You will get a sticker on your cruise card. they have a coca cola mug with straw when you purchase the package. There is a list of mocktails available plus you can request any virgin drink and they will try to make it for you. yes you get free juice-mocktails-any soda-milkshakes at Scoops.:) You can order the drinks anytime and anywhere-just show your cruise card with current sticker on it.

Edited by mph045

You will get a sticker on your cruise card. they have a coca cola mug with straw when you purchase the package. There is a list of mocktails available plus you can request any virgin drink and they will try to make it for you. yes you get free juice-mocktails-any soda-milkshakes at Scoops.:) You can order the drinks anytime and anywhere-just show your cruise card with current sticker on it.

Just a little more added to the above post which explains how the card works very well.

You do not have to use the plastic mug/cup. It is yours to keep! If you don't use the mug, you will be served in the way "they" serve the beverage to everyone else.

It is a good deal I think, I do not drink alcohol so this is perfect with plenty of selections. :)

Edited by nanabananna

Hubby gets this and loves how easy it is to get whatever to drink. He really likes milkshakes too. He's not a drinker except wine @ dinner so this is perfect for him.

There is no benefit to ordering this in advance other than not having to mess with it on the cruise. SO, if you want to use onboard credit to pay for it, just wait till after you board. There will be tables set up all around the ship where they are happy to sell you the sticker.

If you purchase in advance, the sticker should be on your card when you check in and you'll get a voucher in your cabin to enable you to pick up the insulated tumbler at one of the stations. From there, just show your card to any bar tender and you can get any covered item that they have at that location. By the second day, your favorite bar tender will know you and you won't have to show the card any more.

Worth it? Up to you and how you use it. My daughter drinks a ton of cola. While they don't have her favorite on the ship, she's OK with Diet Coke. It would be impossible to carry on enough for a long cruise, so for her, it works. She could be happy without the "and more," which continues to be an issue. On our August cruise, I asked for the soda only and was told it was no longer sold. Later, I saw someone able to buy it at a different table! It all depended on who you asked. While it may sound tacky, I made sure she got several of those "and more" items. If they are going to make us pay for it, I'm going to be sure she gets some of them!

Easy to use any place drinks are served. Regarding juices, these are free during breakfast, but there is a charge for juice at any bar. Fountain sodas only, cans and room service are excluded. You can not get soda on Princess Cays, if you are going there. Only cans are served on Princess Cays.

On all my past cruises I have refused to pay more and have just had coffee, water, ice tea, and lemonade!!!! But this trip I decided to indulge myself and see if worth the extra monies. I purchased the above and all I see about it is this:

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Can anyone who has used this give me some more insight into how it works? Like do I pick up anything to show I have purchased this? Will it be on my keycard? Do I get a "free" mug or cup or anything? Any special drinks or venues that would be nice to know about? So I am guessing this means I can have free virgin strawberry daiquiris, pina colatas, etc? Can I get then free coke products and above drinks at dinner too? Also, juices? What exactly is this? They are free at meals anyway.

Thanks for any input. Funny, but am kinda excited about trying this for the first time in sooo many cruises!

Pooh

You will get a mug and a sticker on your card.

Pooh

You will get any of this by just showing the sticker on your cruise card that will be placed upon purchase of package.

If you don't want all the high calorie mock tails you can buy a soda only package on board for $6 Per day. It's not available online.

On the Diamond in August, the availability of the soda only package was a matter of who you talked to. I asked for it and was told it was no longer available. I later saw a lady get it at t different location!

On the Diamond in August' date=' the availability of the soda only package was a matter of who you talked to. I asked for it and was told it was no longer available. I later saw a lady get it at t different location![/quote']

Like I earlier stated, ask for a supervisor if need be because it is available. What diabetic or calorie counter would want to pay for all that sugar in a mocktail?