Transferring Booking To A Travel Agent

Dave4120

Hello...I'm not saying we are going to do the following, but wanted to get some feedback.

We have 3 cruises that I booked over the phone with RCCL, and, have deposits on them. After reading some other posts, it sounds like it might be better to book through a local travel agent, or, one of the larger on-line travel companies because the prices, and/or perks, might be better than booking directly with the cruise line over the phone??????

Any positives and/or negatives would be welcome. It seems a bit confusing. And, since we've already put down the deposit through the cruise line direct, can we still transfer it and would the new travel agency get the credit?

Thank-you very much for your time and assistance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello...I'm not saying we are going to do the following, but wanted to get some feedback.

We have 3 cruises that I booked over the phone with RCCL, and, have deposits on them. After reading some other posts, it sounds like it might be better to book through a local travel agent, or, one of the larger on-line travel companies because the prices, and/or perks, might be better than booking directly with the cruise line over the phone??????

Any positives and/or negatives would be welcome. It seems a bit confusing. And, since we've already put down the deposit through the cruise line direct, can we still transfer it and would the new travel agency get the credit?

Thank-you very much for your time and assistance.

Our last 4 cruises we booked while on board, and then had RCI transfer to our TA.

They have the name and address in the computer and the TA recieved it before we ever left FLL on our last cruise.

This way we get other perks from the TA, Free dinner at Chops and champagne in suite.

Sea Ya

I book directly with Royal, either onboard or online, then post for quotes on a website on which agents compete for your booking. There I found an online cruise outlet site that seems to give me the best OBC. I simply call them to make the transfer and they take care of everything. I had previously booked for years with a local agent that gave no perks before I found cruise critic.

Edited by iluvit!