Live from Adventure of the Seas - B2B 9/10/16 and 9/17/16

DAY 5: Willemsburg, Curacao

My favorite day so far, except that we were forgotten for breakfast. We ordered roo service and it never came. Headed to the Windjammer and off the ship real fast. We took a taxi to Mambo Beach. Rate is $20 for up to 4 people. Each additional person is 25% more. There were six of us, so the rate was $5 each. Driver was unfriendly, the kind who smiles when he bites in a lemon.

I loved Mambo Beach. What a gorgeous beach!

Entrance to the beach was 3.50 each and chairs was $7 for two, umbrella included.

03f945077cf7dcaf43e584619284f996.jpg

1272a3ef6e7b86a21f33960e0e045a2f.jpg

3d00bb9b6dbef4c51e9c545ac3cd6b6b.jpg

253fe9c19e5dc79283856915bb851766.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Edited by sg1phileshipper

We stayed until 2 and had no trouble finding a taxi back, they were waiting.

Had lunch in the Windjammer and headed downtown. It is gorgeous here.

09db4561992fdd600ac97b29b8a83502.jpg

58d8710ac93919df01ee73a32a8007f6.jpg

Adventure docked

0fe18da3bc72a7605fcfe627e42e2b10.jpg

7869cdcac8c81b6113b99f6c73a0264d.jpg

Tonight was the ice show, but we played cards on the balcony. Headed put to take pics at night, but I'll post them with my full review. Moved watching the sailaway from the helipad in the dark.

About the vibrations in 8314. I have felt them since the beginning of the cruise, but nothing bad, just some small vibrations. I mostly feel them in the stateroom, windjammer, MDR, pool, etc. It seems to be near midship/aft. Tuesday night they have gotten much worse. Like someone shaking the bed every now and then. While I am not a mechanic, my first thought was that something was wrong with one of the pods. Have never experienced so much vibrations, but it didn't keep me awake.

I still felt vibrations tonight, but not as bad as Tuesday night.

DAY 6: Oranjestad, Aruba

After breakfast we took a taxi to Palm Beach and were dropped off at the Palm Pier. It was $14 for two. Chairs were $ 10 each and umbrella was $15 for a small one and $25 for a big one. Very busy beach with lots of activities you can do. We arrived before 9 and had no trouble getting chairs and umbrella, even though Carnival Conquest was in port. If the hotel's cabana/umbrella has no one under them after 10.30, you can use them free. It's an agreement between rentals and hotels.

bc4eff7841b27a0ca6077f41caf1372c.jpg

ffbee262dca2eda075fb81c14640923a.jpg

94eabda077f640a7e75a45eebf6cd038.jpg

More later, we are ready to set sail for arrival in San Juan on Saturday :(

We had a great dinner. We are at the same table as last week, one of the three couples who joined us stayed on. The other folks are really nice too. The other couple showed only once. I guess the don't like us.

Tonight's show was simply amazing. The best show in these two weeks, Tony Tillman, whom they compare to Ben Vereen. If you haven't seen him, make sure you catch him if he's onboard.

Love and marriage game show was very funny, three nice and funny couples.

I'll scan both weeks when I am home and Post them. You're gonna love Adventure!

I've read many of your posts over the last year or so, Hard to believe its almost over! Thanks for this report, it will help me get through my wait for Adventure. I see you're on Freedom next, its a great ship, after Adventure you will feel some familiarity on Freedom.

Thank you for this amazing review! We are cruising 1/21/17 and this info is fabulous!

Can you tell me if you have seen any opportunities to purchase beverage punch cards advertised? If so - when were they offered in the cruise and what was the approximate cost.

Thanks so much, enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Finally aboard the beautiful of the seas. We set sail like an hour or so ago, and just like every time we set sail, I feel a little dizzy. That's probably me getting me sea legs. I can feel the ship moving just a little. Captain Shawn said the wind would be mild and we would get 7 foot waves, a smooth sailing.

We left our hotel a little after 11 and arrived at the pier shortly after. I don't think I've ever seen so many taxis in my life, dropping people off and picking people up. We dropped our bags off and stood in line just for a little while to go to security. We did check in and then waited for our friends who flew in from LA today. People were let on the ship around noon and rooms were ready at 2. Our friends made it around one and we headed straight to the windjammer. We had no trouble whatsoever to find a table for 6. We all agreed that it wasn't crowded at all.

I got the surf and stream package prior to the cruise and once we were allowed into our stateroom I tried Skype and it worked really well. Walked around the ship with my computer showing my goddaughter the ship. I tried netflix earlier and it seemed to work, but it doesn't now. Overall, the internet speed seems pretty decent and we have maximum connection in our stateroom. And I taking back what I said about netflix. It takes a while to load, but it seems to be working.

And that's when I started roaming the ship and taking pictures.

But I am on my MacBook and actually have no idea how to post pictures here, how to resize them and stuff like that.

Dinner was at 6.30 instead of 6. I had the caesar salad, went on with the chicken and had fruit for desert. The food was really really good and service was awesome and fast.

Our cabin stewart is Myla from Ukraine and she is very friendly.

Welcome aboard show is at 10.30, so I should be heading there soon.

I hope I can figure out the picture thing tomorrow, cause this is not how imagined me doing a live report.

for taking us along with you, Bon Voyage!......K.O.:)

Thank you for this amazing review! We are cruising 1/21/17 and this info is fabulous!

Can you tell me if you have seen any opportunities to purchase beverage punch cards advertised? If so - when were they offered in the cruise and what was the approximate cost.

Thanks so much, enjoy the rest of your vacation!

I saw them advertised in the cruise compass a couple of times. It was $85 for 10 drinks, plus 18% gratuity. I'll check home when they started advertising them.

Sitting at La Concha and power is off again. Interesting that the whole island was without power for 3 whole days. Parts of the city have power, CVS 3 blocks from'here has power. We had some 30 mins ago, but it's off again. And it just turned on. It's like a disco here!

DAY 7: Sea Day

Spent another wonderful day at sea. I'll repeat myself and say how much I love them. Did early breakfast and lunch in windjammer. They had made a great cake for lunch.

Watched the Sexiest Man Alive and it was lots of fun.

Had to pack, sadly enough. I am gonna miss this ship and crew. I'll probably to this cruise again.

Booked another cruise on board, 8 night Rhapsody from Venice to Barcelona, leaving October 28th. It'll be me and first time cruiser the goddaughter. She turns 16 on october 27th next year, so it'll be a great birthday gift.

Farewell show was an italian comic from Brooklyn, but I can't remember his name.

I felt a little down last night.

Day 8: Debarkation

Went to breakfast at 7.30 with our friends and boy the windjammer was packed! It was a madhouse and a zoo at the same time. The animals were out and about! Had to jump aside a couple of times, cause some folks seem to think they are alone. We had trouble finding a table for 4, but in the end we did.

We had tags 15 for departure at 9.15. We left our stateroom at 8.45 and headed to dining room deck 4, it was the lounge for everyone with some kind of status.

At 9.45 they came over the speakers that immigration was completely backed up and that they closed the gangway.

Got off a little after 10 and it took us probably over 30 mins to clear immigration. Only 3 agents.

Taxi to La Concha with 3 bags was $17. This is a gorgeous hotel, with a beautiful beach. We checked in at 11 and room was ready. Got it on hotwire for a great price and we ended up in a suite with balcony. My guess because without A/C you can at least open the balcony doors. Spent time walking around and ended up at Chili's for lunch. Spent the afternoon at the quiet adult pool, but a group of people were being really loud and obnoxious. I hate people who think they own the place.

Power came on the first time around four, but it has been on and off a couple of times. Subway across the street, so we'll get something to eat over there.

Flight to JFK is at 1.30 tomorrow and on to Brussels at 7.35.

Thank you for joining me on this wonderful journey.

I have nearly 3000 pics and I'll need some time to work through them. But you can expect a proper review with tons of pics. My first work though, is to upload the cruise compass.

To all those sailing soon, I wish you a bon voyage.

Cindy