Live from Adventure of the Seas - B2B 9/10/16 and 9/17/16

Drinking water: I always drink the ships water and like it. This time it has a weird taste if you drink it in plastic. There's no aftertaste if you drink it in a glass. It's very weird.

Smell the inside of the plastic cup before you put water in and I'll bet the smell will remind you of that taste.

Day 4: Antigua, St. John

Woke up a little earlier than usual, around 6.30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Continued watching my tv show on netflix and watched from the balcony how we pulled into port. Once the ship was docked, an ambulance pulled up and the went into the ship with a stretcher. I didn't stay to see what was going on, but someone was probably taken to hospital. I feel sorry for that person. Getting sick while on vacation and getting to hospital in a strange country.

Adventure docked in St. John

40015fc6840269c89faca4c3ed916b7d.jpg

We had breakfast in the MDR, again it was very quiet in there.

We went to shore and didn't have anything planned, so we took a taxi for a trip around the island. Our last stop was the amazing Dickensen Bay. I have never seen such a beautiful beach before

86b93017509295a4af73af4e2f2bc639.jpg

01063433f8de3071518374a0524c673b.jpg

652a9c96160d113006fd388476ebf687.jpg

TBC

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Edited by sg1phileshipper

Continued

Wanted to do lunch at Johnny Rocket, so that's what I did. Food was really good, especially the onion rings. And they still dance

e3946d670df0f94961b5b9a38210844a.jpg

Went to the screening room for the movie 'Me before you' and to my surprise it was nearly full. What a beautiful movie it was.

Meet and mingle was at 5, but only 7 out of 60 showed up. And it was nice meeting those who showed up. They gave away 3 bottles of wine, each with two luggage tags.

Just before leaving, mom saw four runners, but they didn't run. One of them was a probably drunk girl, a couple and a guy who walked really slowly. He started running when people on the balcony were yelling run. We were docked on the starboard side. Saint Maarten and St. Kitts on the port side.

Dinner at 6 again. Here's the menu

e2f9161a0fe02a6e952589aa3ef69a6a.jpg

Had the fruit medley as a starter

b852120417b986cd1cdeeef8b05936e5.jpg

Main was manhattan strip steak. Cooking was perfect, but meat a little chewy

d7d6312336530a6e519af9d62b7c401b.jpg

Mom had the chicken cordon bleu and it was on the dry side

638409175b11730bff4e785ac4d31dc8.jpg

Had a fruit platter as a dessert, but it looked so good I forgot the picture.

Entertainment was the ice show and it was amazing. Line started at 8 or so, but there were seats left

497a465b013aa7529fb82bf796fbecf1.jpg

Tomorrow we should arrive in St. Lucia around 9. We have booked a ship's excursion. Since the Captain said the will be backing the ship into the port, I plan on going to the Windjammer around 7.30

Back to the water issue. As Bill said, I thought it was the plastic cups, but it isn't. This morning water in MDR had that weird taste and tonight not. So it's not always weird and it doesn't have anything to do with were you get it.

Thanks to CC member Joan and her husband, I found out they seem to enhance the dress code. They saw people in shorts and slippers being turned away, which is fine by me. I'll be back tomorrow with more.

Something I forgot to mention. I can't sleep if I drink diet coke in the evening. So we each took 16 cans of caffeine free diet coke onboard. We carried it on, no questions asked, not even the open water was checked. Yesterday I bought a 5L bottle of water, two 1.5L bottles and I still had my tupperware bottles with water in it. They were all shaken, but he didn't want to tell what alcohol does. Water makes bubbles, so I guess alcohol doesn't? First time they checked it on this cruise :)

Cindy

We have a long day before lunch, so I am having a hearty breakfast. And have to try the French toast and pancakes at least once!

8680f4f9c4f47bbc0527200c3965411b.jpg

Great review! Question -- I see you had pancake and French toast this morning. Did you notice if they have sugar free syrup? Thanks.

We have a long day before lunch, so I am having a hearty breakfast. And have to try the French toast and pancakes at least once!

8680f4f9c4f47bbc0527200c3965411b.jpg

The water in the glass looks cloudy, is it? Are you still noticing the different taste of the water, hence the reason you bought water?

Keep posting, you're doing a fabulous job! ;)

Yesterday I bought a 5L bottle of water, two 1.5L bottles and I still had my tupperware bottles with water in it. They were all shaken, but he didn't want to tell what alcohol does. Water makes bubbles, so I guess alcohol doesn't? First time they checked it on this cruise :)

Cindy

When shaken, alcohol does make bubbles, whereas water does not.

Hi Cindy-

I have been enjoying reading your daily updates on the AOS! I will be on this ship on 9/24 doing the same tour that you're doing.

I love the helipad pics, from what I have read not a lot of people know about it and go up there.

Have you found any secret doors yet? ;)

And what does MDR stand for and I am guessing it is a restaurant?

Have a safe trip, keep up the good work.

The beautiful beach of the small fishing town of Anse la Raye

76bfe5850bba2b87bcdce216c36ddb05.jpg

Had an odd and scary experience there. I was taking a picture of a little arch with the name of the town. There was a guy sitting nearby, but not in the view of my picture and he started yelling at me that I couldn't take a pic and to put my camera away. I pointed to the arch and said I took a pic of that. He kept on yelling and saying I couldnt take a picture. I walked away and back into the bus...

La Sufriere Volcano. Nearly the whole island is in the crater. Last activity was in 1776, a new one is overdue.

4db2acafb553824978aa917599e231e9.jpg

Views into the bay

7a79fd8ffe053cbece93229de00ca078.jpg

Last night's dinner and dessert menu

925a755f17602a048e82ec64abcb7718.jpg

deaaf59ac048c306e159215fce7c970c.jpg

Caesar salad

520d906293173e163663bc3fda92aeb5.jpg

Hi Cindy-

I have been enjoying reading your daily updates on the AOS! I will be on this ship on 9/24 doing the same tour that you're doing.

I love the helipad pics, from what I have read not a lot of people know about it and go up there.

Have you found any secret doors yet? ;)

And what does MDR stand for and I am guessing it is a restaurant?

Have a safe trip, keep up the good work.

MDR is the Main Dining Room

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DAY 5 Continued

Last night's show was Patrick McMahon, an Aussie guy impersonating John Denver, Neil Diamond, Johnny Cash, etc. I really love country music, so I really enjoyed it.

The Quest was on at Studio B at 10.30. Since I was really tired, I didn't go. All that fresh air really wears me out. Lady's night was at 12.

We were docked on the starboard side, so it was really interesting to watch people. All aboard was at 5.30 instead of 5, since we were a little late getting into Castries. I found it really interesting to see people take their time to shop at 5.25 and walk up to the ship at 5.35. I am simply amazed and shocked at the same time. I am writing to from a chair on deck 12. I was all alone here, but someone decided this was the best spot... All chairs are empty, so people must really like me.

Hey dude, can you go yell somewhere else??????

DAY 5: Castries, Saint Lucia

We did a ship excursion and it was amazing. It took us to all the major sights on the island and we drove up to la Sufriere Volcano

That is one scary drive, didn't like having the window seat for those cliffside mountain roads/