Live from Adventure of the Seas - B2B 9/10/16 and 9/17/16

Hi all,

Leaving tomorrow for our long awaited B2B on Adventure. Since we have bought an internet package for both weeks I will do a live report, also pre-cruise. If I can figure out how to download pictures on my MacBook and if I can figure out how to post them here, it will be a report with pictures (if the internet on board Adventure is fast enough). I bought a new camera for this trip, a Nikon D3300, with filters and all, so I hope those pictures will turn out nothing less than awesome!

We leave Brussels tomorrow and fly to New York. We were supposed to fly straight on to San Juan, but a schedule changed messed that up. We arrive in New York at 1.30 pm and were supposed to fly on to San Juan at 3pm. Two different bookings, so there is no way we were gonna make that with only 90 minutes between the two, considering immigration, picking and dropping off our bags again and security. I got the nice people at Delta to change my New York to San Juan flight to Thursday at 8.10 am. I upgraded to business for that leg as a gift to my mom. She is turning 65 in October and this is her birthday cruise. She is the best mom in the world, has been my cruise mate for a while and deserves to fly in style. We fly a across the pond in Economy Comfort.

Our hotel in New York is the Fairfield Inn and Suites JFK Airport and in San Juan we are spending two nights in the Ciqala Luxury Suites.

Our background:I am well-traveled, especially to the USA. This will be my 11th time traveling to the USA. Just hope they let me in :-). I usually travel with my mom, whom will turn 65. As I said, the best mom and the best travel mate you can find. She always cracks me up.

For me it will be cruise number 8 and number 9, our last cruise was in 2012 so I am pretty excited. For mom it will be cruise number 6 and 7, she skipped my B2B on the Freedom.

I love cruising, probably like most of you reading this. It is the most comfortable way to travel and to see a lot of different countries in a short amount of time.

We met two very nice couples on our 2012 cruise to the Norwegian Fjords. They were our table mates at dinner. We have made a trip with them to Yellowstone in 2014 and they will cruise with us again this year. I consider them good friends, can't wait to see them again. They are doing the first cruise.

We are traveling with a third couple whom we met on our very first cruise, in 2009 to Alaska, an awesome 14 days repo cruise. They were our table mates and we kept in touch all this time. They decided to join us for mom's birthday cruise, doing the B2B with us. Can't wait to see them all again. I already know this is gonna be one fun table in the MDR.

About the cruise: We didn't book any drink packages, as I don't drink any alcohol and drink about 2 cans of coke a day. I am mostly a water drinker and I find the ships water to be fine.

We didn't book any excursions either, the only plan we have is going to Maho Beach in St. Maarten and watch the big birds land.

We are staying in Cabin 8314 for both legs, which is a hump balcony and our first balcony ever. We usually travel in insides, because it is enough for our needs and cheapest way to travel. Since the rates changed so often, and the balcony became cheaper than what we had originally booked, we decided to book one. I am really looking forward to sipping my coffee on our balcony in the morning and sitting there to do my live report.

If anyone has questions, I'll try to answer them all.

As for the itinerary, I am too lazy too look it up. I'll post it later. It is 6.40 am, so I should probably be asleep.

First post overseas will probably be from our NY hotel, totally jet lagged and crazier than ever. So bear with me and excuse me ahead of time if I sound silly.... (oh wait, I forgot, I am silly). Oh well, carry on, nothing to see here....

Hi all,

Leaving tomorrow for our long awaited B2B on Adventure. Since we have bought an internet package for both weeks I will do a live report, also pre-cruise. If I can figure out how to download pictures on my MacBook and if I can figure out how to post them here, it will be a report with pictures (if the internet on board Adventure is fast enough). I bought a new camera for this trip, a Nikon D3300, with filters and all, so I hope those pictures will turn out nothing less than awesome!

We leave Brussels tomorrow and fly to New York. We were supposed to fly straight on to San Juan, but a schedule changed messed that up. We arrive in New York at 1.30 pm and were supposed to fly on to San Juan at 3pm. Two different bookings, so there is no way we were gonna make that with only 90 minutes between the two, considering immigration, picking and dropping off our bags again and security. I got the nice people at Delta to change my New York to San Juan flight to Thursday at 8.10 am. I upgraded to business for that leg as a gift to my mom. She is turning 65 in October and this is her birthday cruise. She is the best mom in the world, has been my cruise mate for a while and deserves to fly in style. We fly a across the pond in Economy Comfort.

Our hotel in New York is the Fairfield Inn and Suites JFK Airport and in San Juan we are spending two nights in the Ciqala Luxury Suites.

Our background:I am well-traveled, especially to the USA. This will be my 11th time traveling to the USA. Just hope they let me in :-). I usually travel with my mom, whom will turn 65. As I said, the best mom and the best travel mate you can find. She always cracks me up.

For me it will be cruise number 8 and number 9, our last cruise was in 2012 so I am pretty excited. For mom it will be cruise number 6 and 7, she skipped my B2B on the Freedom.

I love cruising, probably like most of you reading this. It is the most comfortable way to travel and to see a lot of different countries in a short amount of time.

We met two very nice couples on our 2012 cruise to the Norwegian Fjords. They were our table mates at dinner. We have made a trip with them to Yellowstone in 2014 and they will cruise with us again this year. I consider them good friends, can't wait to see them again. They are doing the first cruise.

We are traveling with a third couple whom we met on our very first cruise, in 2009 to Alaska, an awesome 14 days repo cruise. They were our table mates and we kept in touch all this time. They decided to join us for mom's birthday cruise, doing the B2B with us. Can't wait to see them all again. I already know this is gonna be one fun table in the MDR.

About the cruise: We didn't book any drink packages, as I don't drink any alcohol and drink about 2 cans of coke a day. I am mostly a water drinker and I find the ships water to be fine.

We didn't book any excursions either, the only plan we have is going to Maho Beach in St. Maarten and watch the big birds land.

We are staying in Cabin 8314 for both legs, which is a hump balcony and our first balcony ever. We usually travel in insides, because it is enough for our needs and cheapest way to travel. Since the rates changed so often, and the balcony became cheaper than what we had originally booked, we decided to book one. I am really looking forward to sipping my coffee on our balcony in the morning and sitting there to do my live report.

If anyone has questions, I'll try to answer them all.

As for the itinerary, I am too lazy too look it up. I'll post it later. It is 6.40 am, so I should probably be asleep.

First post overseas will probably be from our NY hotel, totally jet lagged and crazier than ever. So bear with me and excuse me ahead of time if I sound silly.... (oh wait, I forgot, I am silly). Oh well, carry on, nothing to see here....

We will be in cabin 8318 on the same cruise leaving on the 10th!

All those enthusiastic replies make me want to do a great live thread.

For those of you who are losing weight and will cruise soon, it will be interesting to see how I will handle my 104 lbs. weight loss while on board. Lucky for me, I don't like sweets all that much anymore, because it is simply to sweet.

It is evening here now, and all my bags are packed, checked in online for our flight and booked our train tickets to the airport. It will be my first time there since 3/22, I guess it will be a little emotional.

We should land in JFK around 1.30 pm, go through immigration, claim our bags and head to our hotel. I hope Fairfield Inn does have free internet....

See you all on the ship and thank you for sailing along. I hope we'll have lots of fun along the way. :)

Cindy

Cindy, first of all congrats on your weight loss! Wow that's quite the accomplishment. . .way to go. Now the cruise: Do you always wear travel socks? Are they the ones that you measure around your ankle and then calf for? Do you find that your legs don't get so tired? I would love for you to post the daily planner/cruise info for the AOS if you can find time to do that. I will be following along, looking forward to your pics and travel stories.

Cindy, first of all congrats on your weight loss! Wow that's quite the accomplishment. . .way to go. Now the cruise: Do you always wear travel socks? Are they the ones that you measure around your ankle and then calf for? Do you find that your legs don't get so tired? I would love for you to post the daily planner/cruise info for the AOS if you can find time to do that. I will be following along, looking forward to your pics and travel stories.

Thanks :). Yes, those are the travel socks I am wearing. Less swelling and legs less tired.

What kind of info do you want from the planner. I can scan and post them when I am home. Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Thanks :). Yes, those are the travel socks I am wearing. Less swelling and legs less tired.

What kind of info do you want from the planner. I can scan and post them when I am home. Cindy

Scanning would be fabulous, thanks! Safe travels:)

We landed at JFK a little after 1 pm. Immigration, baggage claim and customs took less than an hour. We were on the shuttle to our hotel around 2. Waited for 15 minutes , left and got back to the airport to pick up other guests and were at the hotel before 3. It is very nice and warm in New York.

We took a look at our room and we like it.

4c0f59cf445da71e9a2a3c17e5b53889.jpg

42de8fbe32cae85b922e80ceba367274.jpg

Bathroom is still bigger than on the ship. But it has a shower/tub combination

4761bf5fca9a8ea0f85cd62bdc5fb258.jpg

Following. Danke well :)

We've lived 5 wonderful years in UCCLE, and Zaventem was a "second home" for us.

Enjoy your cruise & have a blast :)

Dani

I was actually born in Uccle. It is a very nice part of Brussels.

Thanks, I'll make sure to enjoy my cruise :)

Cindy