FYI: New York Staggered Check-In

shof515

Carnival website is now updated, for those who are booked on the Vista and Sunshine, you can now select your check in times. I was able to select my check in time for the Vista, but not for my sunshine cruise next year so they are still slowly working on it.

Carnival website is now updated, for those who are booked on the Vista and Sunshine, you can now select your check in times. I was able to select my check in time for the Vista, but not for my sunshine cruise next year so they are still slowly working on it.

Just curious....what is the first checkin time?

Edited by First and Ten

I went ahead and snagged 10:30 for all people in my party. It says check-in is at 10:30 and boarding will start at 1:00.

I haven't been to the Diamond/Platinum lounge in NYC yet, but even if it is luxurious, I wouldn't want to wait 2 and 1/2 hours for boarding. If it is as dumpy as the lounge in FLL, I won't want to wait more than an hour, so I picked noon as my check in.

Still nothing showing in booking for Sunshine Oct 1. :mad:

Says check in complete with no check in time. Not that it really matters with the 'pick a time, show up when you want' thing going on.

Showing NOW for Sunshine 10/1.:)

When I was just on the ship out of NY I was able to board at 11:20am.:D

Still nothing showing in booking for Sunshine Oct 1. :mad:

Says check in complete with no check in time. Not that it really matters with the 'pick a time, show up when you want' thing going on.

they are very very slow releasing the check in times. my sunshine cruise for next year does not have it yet.

I was just able to pick my check in time now for The Sunshine, October 13th. It starts at 10:30 to 11:00

When I was on this ship in June I was able to board just after 11:00 AM

The Nov 16 Vista has a 6PM sail away time instead of the usual 4PM. Carnival is saying boarding will start at 1PM for this cruise.

The Nov 16 Vista has a 6PM sail away time instead of the usual 4PM. Carnival is saying boarding will start at 1PM for this cruise.

This cruise? Vista or Oct 1 Sunshine?

Carnival always says boarding will start at 1pm. Can you imagine the chaos and complaints if they said boarding would start at 11 and something held them up! :p

The only times in all the years that I was not on board well before 1 was the first cruise (with Carnival's air/transfers :mad:) and Galveston, when Conquest was suddenly moved from NOLA after Katrina. That was utter chaos as we waited on a stairway for two hours!

This cruise? Vista or Oct 1 Sunshine?

Carnival always says boarding will start at 1pm. Can you imagine the chaos and complaints if they said boarding would start at 11 and something held them up! :p

The only times in all the years that I was not on board well before 1 was the first cruise (with Carnival's air/transfers :mad:) and Galveston, when Conquest was suddenly moved from NOLA after Katrina. That was utter chaos as we waited on a stairway for two hours!

I began by citing the Vista Nov 16 cruise and then said that this cruise would begin boarding at 1PM with a 6PM sail away. I never mentioned or referenced the Sunshine.

I hope that clears up your confusion.

Edited by evandbob

I began by citing the Vista Nov 16 cruise and then said that this cruise would begin boarding at 1PM with a 6PM sail away. I never mentioned or referenced the Sunshine.

I hope that clears up your confusion.

Sorry, the last few posts were referencing Sunshine for the staggered check in.

Good move, especially in NYC as that port last year was an absolute mad house. Got there earlier this year so it wasn't nearly as bad, but the staggered check in will only help.

Off topic, did you see my post regarding our role call for the Pride NYE call to join us?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was able to get an 11:00am check-in time for the Nov 16 Vista cruise yesterday. Not sure why the ship is leaving at 6 instead of 4, but it looks like it won't push boarding back to the afternoon. They do have check-in times that go until 5:00pm.

I was able to get an 11:00am check-in time for the Nov 16 Vista cruise yesterday. Not sure why the ship is leaving at 6 instead of 4, but it looks like it won't push boarding back to the afternoon. They do have check-in times that go until 5:00pm.

Carnival has announced that boarding the Nov 16 Vista won't start until 1:00PM. The ship isn't supposed to dock until 8AM.

Carnival has announced that boarding the Nov 16 Vista won't start until 1:00PM. The ship isn't supposed to dock until 8AM.

They have check-in times starting at 11:00am for that cruise . I have one. Can you link to where Carnival has "announced" that boarding will begin at 1:00? On the cruise documents it states boarding is 1:30pm to 5:00pm. My last cruise the docs said boarding was 12:30pm to 4:00pm but there was a 10:00am check in time available and people were on the ship by 11:00am. Since the 1st check-in time available for the Vista on the 16th is 11:00am it seems everything is pushed back 1 hour. I will get there at 11:00am (since that is my check in time) and I hope to be on the ship by noon. If not, no big deal.