Kids on the Pacific Princess? Advice needed!

adamrayan

Thanks for you replies. As I said, Im well aware this is not the best option with kids. I browsed RC, NCL, Princess, Disney, Celebrity, Carnival...

more than 10 nights wont work.

One of us cant travel between day 1-9 of each month.

We cannot leave before June 24 and cant be back later that Aug 20...

We already did a Baltic Cruise and travelled to most cities visited by med cruise....

We also have a MSC Norwegian fjords cruise that works. But i personnally prefer the british isles itinerary.Which is why I was asking: what kind of entertainement can we expect in the evening? Only music? Will there be perforers? What kind? What can of activities can we expect on the 2 sea days?

Is the pool covered?

Thanks.

If you choose this cruise - you will be on with us :D Assuming you are looking at the August 12th 8 night. I just started a roll call.

My son loved the coral princess, but I'd be hesitant to take him to Europe if there was a chance the kids club wouldn't run. We all loved our Baltic cruise but really needed to drop him off at the kids club at the end of the tours. I know you listed a ton of lines, but did you check Cunard? They have less than 10 day itineraries to Norway. Best of luck.

Thanks for you replies. As I said, Im well aware this is not the best option with kids. I browsed RC, NCL, Princess, Disney, Celebrity, Carnival...

more than 10 nights wont work.

One of us cant travel between day 1-9 of each month.

We cannot leave before June 24 and cant be back later that Aug 20...

We already did a Baltic Cruise and travelled to most cities visited by med cruise....

We also have a MSC Norwegian fjords cruise that works. But i personnally prefer the british isles itinerary.Which is why I was asking: what kind of entertainement can we expect in the evening? Only music? Will there be perforers? What kind? What can of activities can we expect on the 2 sea days?

Is the pool covered?

Thanks.

No, I am quite sure that the pool is not covered. Someone else may be able to verify that.

There should be downsized versions of the Broadway-type of singing and dancing productions like those offered by Princess on the larger ships. There is no theater on the Pacific, so the shows are performed in the Cabaret Lounge. It's set up with tables and chairs, not the typical theater type of seating. The floor where the shows are done is nearly level with the seating area. So visibility is not as good as it would be in a theater. It's used for the previous type of entertainment and sometimes they will have other performances in there, On a cruise a couple of years ago there was a very innovative juggler one night.

I personally discouraged my sister-in-law from going on our Christmas cruise with us because she has a son and I believe he would be bored on this ship. The Pacific Princess will offer the consistent princess service and food experience as well as many of the same entertainment options for adults, just not really anything for children. That said, for the sake of the adults, I would think that this cruise would still be the best option for you, since MSC is not known to be the best. I went on my first cruise when I was eight years old and it was on a Holland America ship with barely any other children. I was hooked for life! We had a small kids club room and the best youth counselors with personalized attention and fun activities. It will help that you will have a big group where the kids would at least be able to hang out with each other and maybe create their own fun. Plus Europe cruises are so port intensive, you won't be on the ship that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I disagree. I know many people feel this way that have cruised the fancier kid cruise ships but I think it is a personal preference. Also, I know that some that have said it did so because they didn't want kids on their cruises.

I cut most of your comment for space, but I wanted to say, "well said" and you must have wonderful grandchildren.

Notentirelynormal,

I join JF retired RRT -- who we met at our Christmas Panama Canal cruise on the Pacific Princess -- in appreciating your great post.

My daughter, who turns eight in two months, loves the Pacific Princess. During a summer Black Sea cruise three years ago and our Christmas cruise this past December, she spent some time at the Children's Club with the other kids, but enjoyed other onboard and ashore activities too. She insisted on going to the main dining room every night because wonderful Martin was once again our waiter and she could wear her "fancy" clothes. We worked on improving table manners and trying new dinner entrees. On New Year's Eve we joined new friends (from one of the excursions) at a nearby table. We spent a lot of time at the small pool, and went to several shows. The larger Princess ships offer more activities for kids, but the more intimate Pacific Princess gave us a relaxed, family oriented Christmas and New Year's.

No, I am quite sure that the pool is not covered. Someone else may be able to verify that.

There should be downsized versions of the Broadway-type of singing and dancing productions like those offered by Princess on the larger ships. There is no theater on the Pacific, so the shows are performed in the Cabaret Lounge. It's set up with tables and chairs, not the typical theater type of seating. The floor where the shows are done is nearly level with the seating area. So visibility is not as good as it would be in a theater. It's used for the previous type of entertainment and sometimes they will have other performances in there, On a cruise a couple of years ago there was a very innovative juggler one night.

The PP's pool, in my experience, is only covered in fairly bad weather. I've often seen the water sloshing very hard while on the exercise track. Possibly they recast their assumption with kids aboard.

I think you've made a wise decision to seek a better option for your children.

The PP's pool, in my experience, is only covered in fairly bad weather. I've often seen the water sloshing very hard while on the exercise track. Possibly they recast their assumption with kids aboard.

I think you've made a wise decision to seek a better option for your children.

The Pacific Princess pool is not covered. There is no cover.