Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

And send the Voyager class ships back to the US and Europe.:)
Agree -- maybe another ship -- Voyager class -- for Port Canaveral or a roundtrip through the Panama Canal's new locks (Princess is doing this with Caribbean Princess).

I sure hope not. I want the Voyager and Radiance class as I really dislike the mega ships.

Funny thing is not too long ago Sovereign/Majesty was the first "Mega Ship" and biggest cruise ship built, some thought too big. Remember those days looking down of those tiny Carnival and Princess/Love boats. They were small. But agree love the Radiance class which was built to combine best things of Voyager and the Vision class....

Edited by ONECRUISER

I would love to see this happen but would be shocked to see them actually do it. They seem a lot more interested in getting the new cruiser than keeping the dedicated ones.

They're happy to keep existing ones, but the economics of larger ships lead them that way (like many of their decisions).

As an RCL loyalist I truly hate to say this, because I had to look in the mirror and make a tough decision for me, but Bora Bora/Tahiti is a destination.... not a 3 day stop over with 20 days at sea on an RCL TP sailing.

If your #1 goal is the destination, RCL's sailings will not cut it. If your #1 goal is the ship, sea days and being on RCL, then this is perfect. In my humble opinion and after quite a bit of research, if your budget allows, the very best way to both cruise and see this part of the world is with another line.

I appreciate your concerns but there are a lot of factors that contribute to our wanting to visit these destinations by cruise and why we're quite happy with the (potential) itinerary. We absolutely loved our TP. We wanted to go on another one. We've always wanted to visit New Zealand as well as the French Polynesian areas, plus after our TP I really wanted to spend at least a week in Hawaii. This combines all of these things in one trip.

If we absolutely love Tahiti or Bora Bora etc then perhaps we will make another trip out there (similar to what we're doing with Hawaii). We are young (32) so we (hope to) have plenty of time to continue to explore the world. We love cruises because we get a taste of many places and cultures in a convenient way. We also have other factors at stake -- while I absolutely love my DH, he is not a beach boy. There are only so many hours in a day he will spend at / near a beach. Locations like Bora Bora are really 'beach' destinations. By combining these destinations with a cruise which has all the creature comforts and tons of activities that change every day, I get to see my beaches for a few hours and he gets to enjoy all the amenities on the ship as well as the varying destinations we'll have. Some of our favourite time on our TP last year was our lovely long sea days -- he is on call and therefore 'works' 24/7 -- the stress factor shows and these lovely long cruises are an opportunity for him to decompress and be completely disconnected from work (one of the benefits of only being contactable via a ship phone which costs $8/minute or something).

I totally get what you're saying but we both love cruising, we loved our previous TP and when I mentioned maybe doing one again my husband was right on board. And he was more thrilled with the different destinations we'll be visiting. No need for a mirror -- both my DH and I are excited about the possibilities presented with this trip. (For one thing -- a massive 'do-over' with Sydney would be nice as we flew standby over to Sydney and it was a bit of a disaster, we gave ourselves 5 days to get there, it took us 3 of the 5 days to get there and we ended up with 2 days in Sydney, terribly terribly jet-lagged, we spent less than 1 day in Sydney exploring as we were just so tired we ended up sleeping much of the rest of the time! But we did see Taronga Zoo, easily one of the best days of my life!)

Edited by londongal796

I appreciate your concerns but there are a lot of factors that contribute to our wanting to visit these destinations by cruise and why we're quite happy with the (potential) itinerary. We absolutely loved our TP. We wanted to go on another one. We've always wanted to visit New Zealand as well as the French Polynesian areas, plus after our TP I really wanted to spend at least a week in Hawaii. This combines all of these things in one trip.

If we absolutely love Tahiti or Bora Bora etc then perhaps we will make another trip out there (similar to what we're doing with Hawaii). We are young (32) so we (hope to) have plenty of time to continue to explore the world. We love cruises because we get a taste of many places and cultures in a convenient way. We also have other factors at stake -- while I absolutely love my DH, he is not a beach boy. There are only so many hours in a day he will spend at / near a beach. Locations like Bora Bora are really 'beach' destinations. By combining these destinations with a cruise which has all the creature comforts and tons of activities that change every day, I get to see my beaches for a few hours and he gets to enjoy all the amenities on the ship as well as the varying destinations we'll have. Some of our favourite time on our TP last year was our lovely long sea days -- he is on call and therefore 'works' 24/7 -- the stress factor shows and these lovely long cruises are an opportunity for him to decompress and be completely disconnected from work (one of the benefits of only being contactable via a ship phone which costs $8/minute or something).

I totally get what you're saying but we both love cruising, we loved our previous TP and when I mentioned maybe doing one again my husband was right on board. And he was more thrilled with the different destinations we'll be visiting. No need for a mirror -- both my DH and I are excited about the possibilities presented with this trip. (For one thing -- a massive 'do-over' with Sydney would be nice as we flew standby over to Sydney and it was a bit of a disaster, we gave ourselves 5 days to get there, it took us 3 of the 5 days to get there and we ended up with 2 days in Sydney, terribly terribly jet-lagged, we spent less than 1 day in Sydney exploring as we were just so tired we ended up sleeping much of the rest of the time! But we did see Taronga Zoo, easily one of the best days of my life!)

I completely agree with you. I've done the route three times, twice on Rhapsody and once on Radiance and loved it every time. Planning to try do it again in 2019 (that's why I was hoping for a new ship).

Doing it on the cruise is fantastic, and having looked to go independently on a normal holiday, it's just too expensive. The cruise for me anyway has been the most cost effective way. I've got to see Bora Bora every time, Tahiti, Moorea and Riaiatea. Gotten to do everything I've wanted in the short time the cruises have given me on the islands.

To top it off you get Hawaii at the end. I wouldn't be able to afford a normal holiday to Bora Bora but have now been 3 times and going a 4th.

It's also not "20 days at sea to go to bora bora". It's an 18 day trip with stops in New Zealand, French Polynesia and Hawaii, all amazing places... and who doesn't love sea days?

You will absolutely love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Or start building a Radiance class sized equivalent

I have sailed on every class of ship except for Sovereign class and Empress. My personal favourites are the Radiance and Freedom Class but I still recently sailed on Harmony just because it was a new ship with all the whistles and bells. The Oasis class wouldn't be my 1st choice but I sail for the itenaries and the experience 1st and the ship 2nd.

I would just like a bit of variety rather than the same old same old as we have had the same ships in Europe for a while and I am sure most people feel the same wherever in the world they are.

Edited by Blue Eyed Belfast Belle

I have sailed on every class of ship except for Sovereign class and Empress. My personal favourites are the Radiance and Freedom Class but I still recently sailed on Harmony just because it was a new ship with all the whistles and bells. The Oasis class wouldn't be my 1st choice but I sail for the itenaries and the experience 1st and the ship 2nd.

I would just like a bit of variety rather than the same old same old as we have had the same ships in Europe for a while and I am sure most people feel the same wherever in the world they are.

That's what I've always loved about RC, the variety. I love the smaller ships but sometime I also enjoy the larger ships. Sometime I feel like a nut, sometime I don't

Radiance and Freedom class are my favorites too.

I completely agree with you. I've done the route three times, twice on Rhapsody and once on Radiance and loved it every time. Planning to try do it again in 2019 (that's why I was hoping for a new ship).

Doing it on the cruise is fantastic, and having looked to go independently on a normal holiday, it's just too expensive. The cruise for me anyway has been the most cost effective way. I've got to see Bora Bora every time, Tahiti, Moorea and Riaiatea. Gotten to do everything I've wanted in the short time the cruises have given me on the islands.

To top it off you get Hawaii at the end. I wouldn't be able to afford a normal holiday to Bora Bora but have now been 3 times and going a 4th.

It's also not "20 days at sea to go to bora bora". It's an 18 day trip with stops in New Zealand, French Polynesia and Hawaii, all amazing places... and who doesn't love sea days?

(y)(y)(y)

My thoughts exactly!!! :D:D:D

Quite a few of us don't enjoy endless sea days! However, whatever you like do it - there's nobody to stop you except yourself. Enjoy your TP.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Since I am towards the end of my cruising days, and many of you are at the beginning or in the middle, let me offer a few tidbits. I don't expect everyone to agree, but these are my observations:

1. Cruising is still the most economical way to visit several places in a short period of time. It gives you a Readers Digest-style, condensed version of an area, and lets you decide whether or not you want to return for a longer visit.

2. Don't listen to what anyone else prefers. You know what you want and what you like, so stay true to your priorities and you won't be sorry.

3. Tackle your bucket list early. Putting things off is tempting the fates of ever getting to see those once in a lifetime destinations.

4. (See my signature) ~~ "Life is uncertain, eat dessert first."

5. Don't sweat the small stuff.

:) :):):)

Since I am towards the end of my cruising days, and many of you are at the beginning or in the middle, let me offer a few tidbits. I don't expect everyone to agree, but these are my observations:

1. Cruising is still the most economical way to visit several places in a short period of time. It gives you a Readers Digest-style, condensed version of an area, and lets you decide whether or not you want to return for a longer visit.

2. Don't listen to what anyone else prefers. You know what you want and what you like, so stay true to your priorities and you won't be sorry.

3. Tackle your bucket list early. Putting things off is tempting the fates of ever getting to see those once in a lifetime destinations.

Applause.jpg

You're so right and agree 100%

Your best cruising days are ahead of you. ;)

The transpacific is my dream cruise.One day. I just did the Hawaii sailing on Radiance. I want to do it again :D

Karen,

You summed it all up very well. We got into cruising when we were rather young. For many years there were trips we could not take for varies reasons. (mostly work and money) Now that we have retired we have been able to branch out and stretch our comfort zone. We hope to cover most of the cruise ports in world within the next 3-4 years.

Pressing the like button hard...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Some family members think we spend too much on cruising.

My SIL has a drawer full of expensive jewelry, I don't.

My kitchen and bathrooms need upgrading, but are functional.

We have no outstanding bills or loans.

Our kids are on their own and doing well.

We have lived a humble life.

We are retired and will be celebrating our 50th anniversary in April of 2019. I married my boyfriend from high school one year later.

We are booking the Explorer TP to celebrate and cross off several bucket lists too. I am so excited that this dream is coming true!!:D:champagne-toast:

But we did see Taronga Zoo, easily one of the best days of my life!)

I get all your points re your cruise thoughts:) re Sydney yes Taronga is an awesome zoo. Be sure to fly in at least 2 days early to (1) climb the bridge, (2) do an Opera House tour, (3) go on a SkyWalk Tour.... (pre-book all of the above on-line before you go... and if you have time on ie. a 3rd day (4) Take a ferry over the Manly and hang out on the beach. :D

Great advice!

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more! You summed it up perfectly! Jim and I hope to float with you again soon!

Fabulous advice. Thanks for sharing! Except you forgot your other famous advice "pack half the clothes you think you will need and twice the money that you think you will need".

Hope to see you on many cruises yet to come. Hang in there!

We mostly do the same, sail for the Itinerary but have only been on Oasis and there were way too many people for us.

As for Itineraries Down Under, the ships are too large for many of the ports so that will restrict where they can visit. I don't think it will be feasible to keep tendering so many people into ports. I wouldn't like it and I'm sure others would agree.

I get all your points re your cruise thoughts:) re Sydney yes Taronga is an awesome zoo. Be sure to fly in at least 2 days early to (1) climb the bridge, (2) do an Opera House tour, (3) go on a SkyWalk Tour.... (pre-book all of the above on-line before you go... and if you have time on ie. a 3rd day (4) Take a ferry over the Manly and hang out on the beach. :D

You guys are getting me so stoked for next week's release, please Royal don't postpone again:(

I like your 4 suggestions above, the one I do each time we visit is hop the ferry to Waston's Bay hike up to view "the Gap" and then eat take away seafood from Doyle's on the pier!

Will definitely stop by the zoo next time and knock that off the must see list!

Now decision time, do we book the Explorer or the Radiance TP, been to all the ports, just really enjoyed both cruises and want a repeat!

Belinda

Well said Karen! Could not agree with you more.