Magnetic hooks

acp1119

Are there hooks on the back of the bathroom doors on Regal to hang robes and stuff on or do any of you bring magnetic hooks? Should I even bother? I'm getting crazy waiting for my cruise and starting to think of anything just to stay in cruise mode. Lol. My husband says that I am on the cruise 2 months before we actually go on the cruise. (sail on Regal 10/15) Lol. I eat, sleep and drink cruise. Silly, huh??

Are there hooks on the back of the bathroom doors on Regal to hang robes and stuff on or do any of you bring magnetic hooks? Should I even bother? I'm getting crazy waiting for my cruise and starting to think of anything just to stay in cruise mode. Lol. My husband says that I am on the cruise 2 months before we actually go on the cruise. (sail on Regal 10/15) Lol. I eat, sleep and drink cruise. Silly, huh??

There's usually one hook ('tho haven't been on the Regal)

We bring an organizer and hang it on the hook using a hanger from the closet to help spread it out (it needs 2 hooks well spaced to open completely).

Are you packed yet? :D

We bring an organizer and hang it on the hook using a hanger from the closet to help spread it out (it needs 2 hooks well spaced to open completely).

Not packed yet, lol. But I have my lists all ready with what I'm bringing and what I'm wearing. And the suitcases are out! LOL!!

Just off the Grand, where there were 2 nice "hooks" on the bathroom door where we hung our robes. Worked great.

We also bought several small/medium magnetic hooks (9 lb and 14 lb test). Which we used on the entry wall to hang jackets and hats. (Alaska cruise). Those were excellent!!!

Edited by Mary loves to travel

Oops, it's 2 hooks, but they aren't very far apart. Makes it feel like one. :o

Thanks for the responses. And I like the suggestion to put up a hook to hang my purse on. Great idea. And ones for our jackets and hats. We are going to be on the NewEngland/ Canada cruise. So we will have jackets on this one.

Edited by acp1119

Yes, the robes are already on the 2 hooks when you arrive in your cabin. Ask the cabin steward if there is none.

Yes there is and Welcome to the CRAZY cruise club LOL :D :D

Were not silly just a little crazy.

Tony

I bring magnets to tack the Patter, shore excursion tickets, etc. on the wall near the desk.

Another thing I put on the wall with magnets are maps of the cruise location, like Norway or South America. Try to find a good clear map to print that has most or all of your ports on it.

That reminds me. Time to find some maps of our Southampton to Dubai cruise coming up in a little over 2 weeks. That should be challenging! :D

Just off the Grand, where there were 2 nice "hooks" on the bathroom door where we hung our robes. Worked great.

We also bought several small/medium magnetic hooks (9 lb and 14 lb test). Which we used on the entry wall to hang jackets and hats. (Alaska cruise). Those were excellent!!!

Where did you find the strong hooks ?? Thanks

Cori

We Always bring a pack of 4 medium magnetic hooks, they are always in our

carry-on bag. Very handy, we also bring room air freshening inexpensive units to put in the bathroom. There are usually NO fans in the bath and is it next to the "closet"; so it keeps both smell NICE. N * JOY

Very strong magnetic hooks on amazon on this site:

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/home/packing-list

These are AWESOME, they can hang up to 35 lbs (dont put two together without using the spacers, seriously!) - we've hung all sorts of stuff on them on the ceiling and walls since almost the entire cabin is magnetic. They work really great to hang a curtain up and make it darker in the minisuites or balcony cabins. I've hung up fully loaded garment bags as well as duffel bags.

I always bring a few of the "flat" plastic magnets (like you get with ads on them) to stick a copy of the itinerary and any other paper items I want handy to the wall. You can even buy the magnetic sheets and print personalized ones. They take up no space in the suitcase. I also take a few of the large plastic clips that have a magnet on them (can pick them up at the dollar store) that do double duty of clipping things to the wall and clipping a towel, etc. to the chair on your balcony when needed. Last cruise we used them to clip our hats to the wall to keep them in easy reach.

StLouisCruisers--we'll be on the Emerald with you in 2 weeks! We are going Southampton to Fremantle, Australia. Can hardly wait!!

We too bring magnets. I'm sure we will be getting stronger ones as we will be onboard for three B2Bs this winter and will have to hang suits up to dry with clothes line daily. The lighter ones are used for papers, patters and such as well as one next to the door where we can put our cruise cards that will be on our lanyards so we know to grab them on our way out the door each time. keeping your tickets for shore excursions on one is also smart as there are always so many papers on your desk to deal with each day.

Enjoy your cruise!

Very strong magnetic hooks on amazon on this site:

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/home/packing-list

These are AWESOME, they can hang up to 35 lbs (dont put two together without using the spacers, seriously!) - we've hung all sorts of stuff on them on the ceiling and walls since almost the entire cabin is magnetic. They work really great to hang a curtain up and make it darker in the minisuites or balcony cabins. I've hung up fully loaded garment bags as well as duffel bags.

I don't get it hang up a curtain to make it darker in the mini suite or balcony cabins??? I thought you book an outside cabin for the sunlight. :confused:

Tony

I bring magnets to tack the Patter, shore excursion tickets, etc. on the wall near the desk.

THANK YOU Pam! THAT'S what I've forgotten to put on my packing list-magnets! Stern note to myself to have a good hunt for the couple I already have, and put them in my carry on case.

59 days to sailing for me!

Was told 2 days ago about my transfer arrangements when arriving in Sydney-am staying 3 nights with my cousins at their country property and being brought down to embark. Cousins have commitments-1 is working and the other needs to be with their 5 dogs when I arrive, 2 are very nervous and none of them have met me. Careful plans have been made to minimise stress for everyone and the risk of a fall for me, and there'll be plenty of doggy cuddles once we've met under strict supervision. A chauffeured car has been arranged to transfer me from the airport to their property, it's about 2 hours drive I think.