Price drop - so discouraged - please advise

manazca

Thank you SO much, everyone! You've been a true support and I am grateful for that.

I got the upgrades (JS for my parents, ocean view with balcony for us). On the SAME deck. BUT I lost the OBC :(

I am nevertheless pleased, my parents being in a JS for their 50th anniversary and avoiding them a heart attack while having to go to the muster drill by themselves (non-English speakers). We'll cut on other things, it is what it is, glad it worked out this way. Thank you all! (I basically called RC a 3rd time and got the courage to ask for Resolution department as suggested by PP, I explained my situation and why it was SO important for me on so many levels, the person asked for the TA name and contacted them and offered this option).

Now back to planning (or rather working till vacation).

So grateful for this forum!

I am glad you got the upgrades you were looking for, but just realize, being on the same deck will not guarantee that you will have the same muster station. Even cabins side by side can have different muster stations. Once you board, look at which muster stations you are assigned and just go check in at your station and explain the issue to the person in charge, if your parents are at a different station. They should allow you to check in at your station and then go to their station with them.

If you did that, you would never have the chance at a low or no cost upgrade like the OP received

Yup, you do miss out on upgrade opportunities. I have upgraded from inside/outsides to balconies/JS several times for very little by checking all the way up to sail date.

Also seen several of those late price drops that I could not get, but it's part of the game. :)

Thanks! That was my understanding, too. The TA will get back to me only tomorrow and I am not even sure the cabins won't be gone before then ... I guess my lesson here will be to not book with a TA anymore.

This has nothing to do with a TA. It applies to all booking channels. Even if you booked directly you would be under the same rules. The lesson here is to stop looking at prices once you made final payment, not put the blame on the TA.

Edited by DebJ14

The flyer indicates this week's GGG sale is open to everyone starting today and goes through midnight Fri night/Sat morning.

OP....if you have a great TA then ask them to check the pricing immediately after midnight (eastern) on Fri night/Sat morning to see if the pricing is still the "lower" pricing but no longer under the GGG rules. I have heard of that happening....but not always!

On the C & A site in small print at the bottom, it says :

** Prices are average per person, cruise only, based on occupancy selected, reflect promotional savings (if any), for new individual bookings, are subject to change and availability.

So, it is not for everyone, just for new bookings. Don't get their hopes up.

Best to wait until a different sale comes along and see if they can upgrade.

** Prices are average per person, cruise only, based on occupancy selected, reflect promotional savings (if any), for new individual bookings, are subject to change and availability.

My apologies...I didn't word it well. My post included a quote from another Poster who had stated that normally C&A gets to book on Monday and then General Public on Tuesday. I was replying to his post and should have stated "non-C&A / general public" were also to book yesterday and that the sale lasts longer this week. Sorry for the confusion.

My apologies...I didn't word it well. My post included a quote from another Poster who had stated that normally C&A gets to book on Monday and then General Public on Tuesday. I was replying to his post and should have stated "non-C&A / general public" were also to book yesterday and that the sale lasts longer this week. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries, I understood what you meant ;) My TA does not work on Friday night/Sat so he wouldn't have checked for me ... Fortunately, it worked out. Thanks again for offering advice!

your advice was not acccurate

It is absolutely ridiculous to hold your TA responsible for this.

As others have said before, any outcome will depend on what kind of booking you have and when it was made. Enjoy the cruise!

Really, this is one too many posters with high count who are rude and condescending and IN CAPS yet. You are not the only one but the moderators could note that some of you are going too far! Just read that it is her 3rd language as well. You can make a point here but attacking someone who is distressed is not appropriate. Flame on.:eek:

Edited by peacefulOR
Oops, large type not caps. Same effect.

No worries, I understood what you meant ;) My TA does not work on Friday night/Sat so he wouldn't have checked for me ... Fortunately, it worked out. Thanks again for offering advice!

So glad it worked out for you and your family. What a wonderful daughter you are. Be proud of your English. It's better than some who have English as their first language. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk