Lost Iphone

Panger

If RCCL is anything like their sister company (Celebrity) I left a winter coat along with my keys in my cabin when I got off the ship and when I contacted them about 30 minutes after I disembarked they told me it would go right to charity and I had no hope of getting it back... So I am not surprised they don't have any faith in the people getting their phone back

I feel sorry for you in getting that kind of response. That was so rude.

Ask Siri. Who does this phone belong to? Just hold down the home button until Siri becomes active. I don't know if you need cellular or data active for that.

I just asked Siri who owns my phone and she responded "I don't know who this iPhone belongs to". I guess we don't have a good working relationship.:p

We are in Canada, with Bell Mobility. I am not sure if Siri works differently in the Sates with different providers than here.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I just asked Siri who owns my phone and she responded "I don't know who this iPhone belongs to". I guess we don't have a good working relationship.:p

We are in Canada, with Bell Mobility. I am not sure if Siri works differently in the Sates with different providers than here.

It needs to be set in the Siri settings, otherwise it will say it doesn't know.

It needs to be set in the Siri settings, otherwise it will say it doesn't know.

I just checked this and it works. I guess I set mine up to say the owner is "Me", sounds like something I would do.:eek::p It does also tell me the phone number of the phone, so that might help someone find out whose phone it is. I was able to get this information when the phone was locked.

I just checked this and it works. I guess I set mine up to say the owner is "Me", sounds like something I would do.:eek::p It does also tell me the phone number of the phone, so that might help someone find out whose phone it is. I was able to get this information when the phone was locked.

It is whichever contact you set it to under "My Info." It could be set to any of your contacts so that doesn't seem particularly helpful if you set it to a contact other than yourself.

It is whichever contact you set it to under "My Info." It could be set to any of your contacts so that doesn't seem particularly helpful if you set it to a contact other than yourself.

Fascinating, who knew you could do this with Siri and a locked phone? :)

My iPhone has a clear back on its case, so I have my business card in there. But I can see how Siri would be a great help for others if My Info is set; query how well this little trick is known?

Right, the point I was making is that the contact I have it set to is "Me", not a name, probably not very helpful if I were to lose it. Though, I do have the find my iphone app, so that would help a bit if the phone was on and not found by someone who knew how to clean everything.

We found an iphone in Windjammer. It was laying on an empty uncleaned table under a napkin. I tried to hand it to a waiter and to a supervisor (!) right away, neither of them wanted to take it. After we had finished our lunch, we went to guest services and left the phone to them. There were no emergency info in the phone. That was the first thing I checked. I do hope the owner got his/her phone back, as I would be devastated to lose mine! I use mine as a camera, therefore it is with me and not in a safetybox.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sadly, Apple will not return the phone to its owner (this was our first port of call). Some info; you can use the "health" services app to give information about your phone to any finder (which they can see without using the four digit number). We have now fixed this on our phones; a contact number will now appear. Very sadly, we have no confidence in GS making any effort to return items to guests. Therefore, we are using all of our resources to find the owner of an iPhone.

So basically, you stole someones phone.

Inasmuch as you're not the owner, and it is now in your possession.

On our last cruise in July, DH realized at the airport that he didn't have his 1 month old Samsung phone. We thought that possibly it was packed in our luggage so we waited until we got home but it wasn't there. He charged it the day before so we knew the only option was that it was left in the cabin. We immediately called RCI Guest Services who said he'd send an email to the ship to see if anyone turned it in. If not, he told me that all stuff left on the ship was sent to Miami and that hopefully we'd hear something in a week.

The next day we got an email from Verizon saying that the phone was turned off due to fraud. Since we hadn't told them, I started making calls and finally was told that it apparently someone took the SIM card from our phone and tried it in another phone mean they probably found two phones.

Bottom line.....never heard anything and had to pay $750 to replace it. Learned our lesson...now we got insurance and know never to leave anything on a RCI ship.

On our last cruise in July, DH realized at the airport that he didn't have his 1 month old Samsung phone. We thought that possibly it was packed in our luggage so we waited until we got home but it wasn't there. He charged it the day before so we knew the only option was that it was left in the cabin. We immediately called RCI Guest Services who said he'd send an email to the ship to see if anyone turned it in. If not, he told me that all stuff left on the ship was sent to Miami and that hopefully we'd hear something in a week.

The next day we got an email from Verizon saying that the phone was turned off due to fraud. Since we hadn't told them, I started making calls and finally was told that it apparently someone took the SIM card from our phone and tried it in another phone mean they probably found two phones.

Bottom line.....never heard anything and had to pay $750 to replace it. Learned our lesson...now we got insurance and know never to leave anything on a RCI ship.

How do you know his pocket was picked? Maybe he did leave it on the ship and someone, like the OP, found it and decided not to turn it in.

Yes, Royal Caribbean doesn't always have a great track record for lost and found, but there are also success stories.

How do you know his pocket was picked? Maybe he did leave it on the ship and someone, like the OP, found it and decided not to turn it in.

Yes, Royal Caribbean doesn't always have a great track record for lost and found, but there are also success stories.

Who said that his pocket was picked? I never said that.

Yes; obviously someone found it since they tried to use it.

Who said that his pocket was picked? I never said that.

Yes; obviously someone found it since they tried to use it.

Auto correct got me. I was saying who is to say his pocket wasn't picked? You yourself said he didn't even notice until he was at the airport. Someone easily could have grabbed it between the ship and the airport.

Auto correct got me. I was saying who is to say his pocket wasn't picked? You yourself said he didn't even notice until he was at the airport. Someone easily could have grabbed it between the ship and the airport.

It doubt it was pick pocketed. Phones are difficult to lift. Wallets are light and easy to pick unnoticed. The phone could have been lost between the ship and airport. I have had phones fall out of my pocket in a sitting position on planes, trains, taxis and buses. I got up at the ice show once and there was my phone on the seat. That's why I wear jeans, or jeans style five pocket pants, when traveling these days. The big phone I have now tends to stay put though even in regular slacks.

The point that needs to be made is that if a phone is turned into guest services if the person who lost it checks there in it will be there. Found items should be turned over to Guest Services.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Sadly, Apple will not return the phone to its owner (this was our first port of call). Some info; you can use the "health" services app to give information about your phone to any finder (which they can see without using the four digit number). We have now fixed this on our phones; a contact number will now appear. Very sadly, we have no confidence in GS making any effort to return items to guests. Therefore, we are using all of our resources to find the owner of an iPhone.

If you won't give the phone to GS, you can use siri (as indicated earlier by asking "who owns this phone" ) when data is available. If the owner isn't assigned, try things like "call home" or "call Mom" that sort of thing. eventually you'll get a name that exists in the address book who you can work with to get to the owner.

Thank you; absolutely trying our very best and using all the resources we have to return this item to its owner.

Can't you call some of the contacts? We've had several phones turned in to us at the shop I work at. We have made some very interesting phone calls to people on the contact lists explaining why we are calling.

It doubt it was pick pocketed. Phones are difficult to lift. Wallets are light and easy to pick unnoticed. The phone could have been lost between the ship and airport. I have had phones fall out of my pocket in a sitting position on planes, trains, taxis and buses. I got up at the ice show once and there was my phone on the seat. That's why I wear jeans, or jeans style five pocket pants, when traveling these days. The big phone I have now tends to stay put though even in regular slacks.

The point that needs to be made is that if a phone is turned into guest services if the person who lost it checks there in it will be there. Found items should be turned over to Guest Services.

Anything is easy to lift given enough training and/or experience. Throw in distraction of a busy airport or the excitement of getting on a cruise, or being shuffled along in a crowd. Super easy.

Can't you call some of the contacts? We've had several phones turned in to us at the shop I work at. We have made some very interesting phone calls to people on the contact lists explaining why we are calling.

You can't get to the contacts list on a locked Iphone, which I why I suggested telling Siri to call some names that have a good chance of being contacts (like "home" or "mom" or even Bob, Jeff, Jenny, etc...) as long as you get part of the name, Siri will either call it, or give you you a choice if there's multiple entries for the same partial same match (Bob Smith and Bob Jones),

Thank you; absolutely trying our very best and using all the resources we have to return this item to its owner.

wrong answer. You didn't use the most obvious resource.

"I found someone's lost iPhone and we turned it into Guest Services. If you were on this ship and on this sailing, please contact royal right away."

is the only acceptable answer.

wrong answer. You didn't use the most obvious resource.

"I found someone's lost iPhone and we turned it into Guest Services. If you were on this ship and on this sailing, please contact royal right away."

is the only acceptable answer.

Give 'em a break:rolleyes: