Random upsell to a suite question...

erin6494

Hi! We are waiting to hear back from our TA to see if we got in first to take advantage of our upsell offer from a mini to a full suite. If we get it, will it count as a full suite when calculating points towards Elite status? I wasn't sure if it would since we are actually paying something for the suite (just not full price). I assume the answer is no but thought it couldn't hurt to ask the experts.

Offer came around 4pm Central, hoping to hear back on it tomorrow. Crossing my fingers!

Thanks,

Erin

My understanding is that if the offer is an upsell, you will get ALL suite benefits including the double cruise credits. If it is a complimentary upgrade, you get only the one credit that you have paid for.

Bottom line--the qualifier is that you paid for the suite, not how much you paid.

the answer is yes, but you are going to have to ask for it after you get back. We were fortunate to have this happen to us. If they say no, call back until they say yes. you are paying for a suite, even though at a reduced rate. Please enjoy the breakfast perk, as it is the best perk of the suite life.

My understanding is that if the offer is an upsell' date=' you will get ALL suite benefits including the double cruise credits. If it is a complimentary upgrade, you get only the one credit that you have paid for.

Bottom line--the qualifier is that you paid for the suite, not how much you paid.[/quote']

I agree. And if you have a problem, consult the Circle Host on board.

Wonderful (and surprising) news! So excited to be one step closer

One more question for my all-knowing upsell friends.....we responded within an hour to the offer. Do they offer it to multiple people at once or one at a time and give a bit of time to respond? We are a family of 4 so I believe there is only one suite that will accommodate us. It would be sad to have my hopes all up and then to find out it is already gone.

Based on my recent "move over" offer experience, they make the offers to several people at the same time. Who gets it is a matter of "first come, first served" based on the cabins available at the time you respond.

I met another family on our cruise who had received exactly the same move over offer that we had taken (they accepted it as well).

Hopefully Princess will be back in touch with you soon to confirm your upsell!

We just took an up sell for a suite and were told to go see the Captain's Circle rep on board to insure we get the proper loyalty points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We had the exact opposite happen, the captain's circle rep refused to change our points while onboard. We had to contact princess directly after getting back, even then it was like pulling teeth and had to continually transfer up the chain of command. BUT we persevered, got the double credits, which after our cruise next week will take me to platinum and hubby to ruby.

If they can't do it onboard, send an email to this address when you get back and ask them to add the extra cruise credit for you: captainscircle@princesscruises.com . They've done this a couple times for us and they are very prompt.

As for cabins, make sure you know which ones are available in the categories covered by the offer and research the size and amenities beforehand so you will be prepared when they call. Good luck!

Wonderful (and surprising) news! So excited to be one step closer

One more question for my all-knowing upsell friends.....we responded within an hour to the offer. Do they offer it to multiple people at once or one at a time and give a bit of time to respond? We are a family of 4 so I believe there is only one suite that will accommodate us. It would be sad to have my hopes all up and then to find out it is already gone.

We received an email with an offer but by the time I read it, it was after hours and couldn't get back to the number listed until the next day. We traded phone calls back and forth and even switched suites at one point. I was frantic that by the time I reached someone to actually accept the offer (vs voicemails) I was just sure it wasn't going to be available but it was, no problems and they were very pleasant to deal with. I can't guarantee that you will experience this but wanted to give you some hope.

Hi! We are waiting to hear back from our TA to see if we got in first to take advantage of our upsell offer from a mini to a full suite.

Thanks,

Erin

I'm confused. :confused: I've received upsell offers from Princess several times and the progression of the offer went like this...

email from Princess to TA

TA then sent me an email with the instructions to call Princess ASAP if I want to do it

Called Princess and left a message

Got a call back from Princess and took the deal or declined the deal depending on whether the cabin I wanted was available

Don't understand why you're waiting for a call from your TA.

I'm confused. :confused: I've received upsell offers from Princess several times and the progression of the offer went like this...

email from Princess to TA

TA then sent me an email with the instructions to call Princess ASAP if I want to do it

Called Princess and left a message

Got a call back from Princess and took the deal or declined the deal depending on whether the cabin I wanted was available

Don't understand why you're waiting for a call from your TA.

Interesting. My deal went:

Princess sent e-mail to TA.

TA sent me an e-mail and also tried my phone numbers

TA then called Princess and did what I asked....actually had Princess on one line and me on the other line because Princess wasn't totally "with it." We had booked an HA cabin because one member of our family has mobility issues. Princess wanted to move us to a non-HA cabin! We were able to straighten out that problem.

Apparently 45 minutes wasn't quite fast enough :( There are currently no 4 person suites left. I knew it was a long shot but am feeling disappointed as I was already planning how to use all the awesome suite perks and extra room.

Thanks everyone for the advice and info. Will hope that maybe something will open up but, if not, we will still have an awesome family trip!

Erin

Apparently 45 minutes wasn't quite fast enough :( There are currently no 4 person suites left. I knew it was a long shot but am feeling disappointed as I was already planning how to use all the awesome suite perks and extra room.

Thanks everyone for the advice and info. Will hope that maybe something will open up but, if not, we will still have an awesome family trip!

Erin

I am sorry for your disappointment. I would feel the same way. Did your TA forward the offer to your or call you? I am just curious how long the TA had it before you received it.

Marie

Thanks, Marie! I shouldn't have let myself get so excited until I knew it was a for sure thing.

My TA forwarded the email to me within 2 minutes of receiving it (I can see the time on the email he received) and then called in our acceptance as soon as I let him know (within 45 minutes).

Thanks, Marie! I shouldn't have let myself get so excited until I knew it was a for sure thing.

My TA forwarded the email to me within 2 minutes of receiving it (I can see the time on the email he received) and then called in our acceptance as soon as I let him know (within 45 minutes).

At least you can take consolation in that your TA reacted quickly. As you say, the cruise is going to be wonderful!! Happy Sailing!

Marie