Has anyone gotten an upgrade offer to a Suite?

Trishlo73

Yes! on my last cruise, I was booked in a balcony and was offered an upgrade to suite for $250.00. Best decision ever. We enjoyed the heck out of the priority boarding/ bigger balcony/ bathtub/. it was very nice and I hope to experience that again some day.

it is the Suite life for sure. hope you get an offer too.

Edited by pyropoodle
sorry, fat fingers..it was 250, not 150

^^^Me too. Except they wanted around 575 bucks to go to a suite from our balcony. We declined.

I had a typo..it was $250 not 150. haha...but yeah, I would have declined for 575 as well. there were 3 of us, so splitting 250 3 ways was no big deal.

I WISH I could get a suite upgrade for 150. I'd do it every time.

Last year, we had an ocean view and were upgraded to a suite. There were four of us in the room, and the upgrade was 500. We took it, and LOVED the suite. But now we are convinced we have to have a balcony every time, so it was a good move on Carnival's part! :)

I am cracking up. I have never done anything besides an oceanview or better....until the last two cruises. First one was horrible...2nd was fine. I told my daughter (who I usually cruise with) that it's either interior or balcony. I will not longer pay for oceanview only.

Me, DH, and 6 of our relatives, were upgraded one time on a Carnival Legend cruise. We each had booked balconies. Two couples were upgraded to the two largest suites (Aft), and the other two couples were upgraded to the suite on either side of the two large AFT suites. We paid for our balconies, but we did not have to pay for the upgrades.

We think the reason we didn't have to pay extra was that my DH had called Carnival to ask a basic question about our cruise (first cruise with Carnival). In the course of conversation, DH mentioned it was like "twisting our arms" to try a Carnival cruise. The rep then asked DH to hold on for a moment, then got back on the call and asked DH if we would be interested in upgrading to a suite at no extra charge to us. DH asked if he could check with us first because two of our relatives wanted to be in a specific area on the ship. The rep said yes, but he needed an answer in 15 min. Long story short, we got the suites, we had a great time, and our concerns about Carnival turned out to be wrong. We had a great time, and then we booked cruises on the Miracle twice, the Victory, and we will be sailing in 2017 on our 21st cruise, our 5th on the Carnival Pride. I'm counting down the days!!!

My wife and I were on a cruise in the Orient and had booked a suite on the Azamara Quest. The suite was noisy and we did complain, the next day were were given the Owner's Suite on the ship for the result of the voyage. Needless to say, it may a great sailing and trip a fantastic one. Good things do sometimes happen.

Yes, we were a party of three on our twelve cruise, (we've only done fourteen cruises so far and this was our 1st suit cruise) on the CCL Dream. We had booked a balcony and Carnival called me a month before we sailed and offered to upgrade us to a Jr. suit . I talked it over with my wife and she agreed what the heck, Go for it We could not believe how specious it was. The room was big enough for a king and a fold out queen bed wit plenty of room left. A fantastic experience.

In 2011, we were booked for a cruise on the Ecstasy. I got a call from a Carnival rep offering me an upsell to the Owner's Suite. He had to explain what that was since I had never heard of it at that time.

While we were on the phone, he sent me an email with pictures of the suite. I couldn't wrap my mind around a room like he described being on the Ecstasy. After seeing the pictures, I jumped on the offer. It was our anniversary, so it made our cruise very special. The suite was amazing!

I'll insert a link below in case anyone is curious to see what it looks like.

Carnival Ecstasy Owner's Suite

Happy cruising!

Yes -- Booked an aft room for our anniversary on the Ecstasy and was offered an extended balcony Grand Suite --- SWEET!!!!! I love the aft balcony rooms, but the upgrade had a HUGE balcony and the room was wonderful. I think it was only a few hundred dollars more for a three day cruise. Carnival was great at keeping it a surprise for my DW, too! She had no idea what had happened until she walked into all of that luxury!!!!

Yes! We booked a balcony cabin for our anniversary on the Glory and carnival called and offered us a suite for around $500 more. It was a lot of money, but we took it and so glad we did!! It was just the 2 of us on a 7 day cruise, but the extra space and having the tub was great! We just got a call again for our upcoming Vista cruise to go from a ocean view to a balcony, and we took it! I asked if they were offering any suites in the upgrade, and sadly, they were not.