? Staggered Check In

Cruisegirl6

Everybody needs to choose a Staggered Check In time.

Diamond/Platinum/FTTF and a few other groups proceed to check in when they arrive at port, regardless of their chosen or assigned check in time.

Why would lets say FTTF or platinum need to choose one when they get priority boarding?

The online check in system currently requires it to print your documents. According to Carnival they are working to identify those that are priority but for now you do. We've had to for all three this year.

Last week we had a 2:00 check in time and we walked on the ship in Galveston before noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is no big deal to go into your booking and click on "check in" and pick a time.

The computer is set so that it needs to have a time picked or it won't print out your boarding pass.

I am sure they will fix this eventually!

Then for diamond, platinum, suites and FTTF you can check in any time.

Thank you but my father in law is two less cruises shy of platinum he is 78 and at times needs to hold onto one of us so he buy the FTTF so we can board together thank you!

Just keep in mind that Diamond/Platinum and FTTF generally check in at separate areas and board separately. Like everything with Carnival this will depend on how consistently they are following Carnival's policy that particular day, but they shouldn't let him "up" to Platinum check-in/boarding if he is in a separate cabin, but they should let you "down" to FTTF check-in/boarding with him if you physically need to be with him. If S&S cards have been pre-printed, they may need to go get your cards from the Platinum check-in area, though?

Have you considered whether the special assistance embarkation process would be adequate for his needs and allow you to accompany him without buying FTTF?

Love the "they shouldn't let him up" quote.

Look, after he clears check in go get him. Take him with you when diamond and platinums board. We did the same thing with my father in law with zero problems in three different sailings.

Edited by BallFour4

It won't apply. You can show up whenever you want. Don't buy FTTF :)

and why would you say that? FTTF is well worth the price IMO last time I was on the ship at 1130 my bags were in my room and of course my room was ready and changed into proper attire and proceeded to the pool area

and why would you say that? FTTF is well worth the price IMO last time I was on the ship at 1130 my bags were in my room and of course my room was ready and changed into proper attire and proceeded to the pool area

Because Platinums get those perks without having to buy them ;)