premium economy flts on BA to LHR

arl_nocaps

We were on BA in premium economy in the opposite direction on July 18th (LHR to EWR). The seats were okay. Not spectacular, but reasonable. The pitch between rows was good. The food ... well, not so much, but edible.

Mura

Booking the cruise is easy --now the dreaded airfare. Can fly non stop from Miami --but has anyone flown BA lately and can comment on the seats--

Have to fly BA because of flt time.

arl

We flew round trip BA Prem. Eco in July MIA/LHR. Excellent, especially if you can fly on the A380. We were upstairs with sooooooo much room. You will not be disappointed. Arlene

Be aware that premium economy on BA has 2 4 2 configuration. If you do not pay a premium to select seats early you could end up with 2 middle seats

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting. For once we used O's air and did not have to pay a premium to reserve early. Then again, we'd already paid $99pp extra for the upgrade.

Mura

They must have changed equip and also now using terminal 3. Thinking of. going business class 1 way --?? which way to LHR or on return. Sleep most of the way there and flt home longer. HMMMM

There is no doubt about this choice in my mind - business there as it is an overnight flight and you can get a good night's sleep lying down. Don't want to sit in those tiny seats in E/PE all night trying to get some sleep being upright.

Flying back is daytime and can be better managed in E/PE without having to sleep.

Edited by Paulchili

Recently flew LHR-LAX on BA 380 premium economy and highly recommend it. I'm 6'6" and my wife is 6'1" and we had plenty of room. The AV system was the best we've ever encountered with great movies and headphones. Food and service excellent,also. We thought it was almost a poor man's business class. Only negative: if person in front of you reclines their seat its tough to get in and out of your seat. The premium economy perk will keep us with Oceania.

The premium economy perk will keep us with Oceania.

I hope that there are other things that might keep you with Oceania because:

a)There are many things that keep me with Oceania - like great food, attentive service, wonderful crew and fellow passengers, no formal nights (among others).

b) PE may not always be offered (in fact it is more often not offered than it is IME)

Edited by Paulchili

. If you do not pay a premium to select seats early you could end up with 2 middle seats

We did not have to pay to select seats booked through O but then we did not have the $99 special either

our PE was much more $$