Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

We're on the getaway for this sunday sailing. What torture it is in those final hours to see if it's accepted. My thought though is for me to book exactly what i'd be happy with no matter. When I do the math, what we're paying total for the upgrade, is virtually the same for booking if outright without the upgrade. I think it's a lot of fun and $$$ they create and I'll more than likely do it again!

We're on the getaway for this sunday sailing. What torture it is in those final hours to see if it's accepted. My thought though is for me to book exactly what i'd be happy with no matter. When I do the math, what we're paying total for the upgrade, is virtually the same for booking if outright without the upgrade. I think it's a lot of fun and $$$ they create and I'll more than likely do it again!

Hi, you should hear back today or tomorrow on your bid!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This would not surprise me. Airlines are considering a similar system for FC upgrades, some have tested. I know a few other cruise lines were considering testing this as well.

I would suspect this email is also a test and may be limited to a single cruise or at most ship.

Actually aeromexico does this. We bid- successfully on a first class upgrade and got it.

Well, we got our denial to upgrade emails .....it was worth a shot but happy with our mini suite....and even happier to be cruising Saturday!

Sorry to hear that I was rooting for you. Anyway, how awesome is it that in two days we shall be sipping a nice frozen or frosty beverage just about to set sail......LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!

Got my upgrade- large balcony to aft facing penthouse suite. Sailing Sunday on Getaway. My bid was in the mid good range. Not a great bargain but one I am very happy with. Good luck everyone!!!

Congrats! How were you notified?

Got my upgrade- large balcony to aft facing penthouse suite. Sailing Sunday on Getaway. My bid was in the mid good range. Not a great bargain but one I am very happy with. Good luck everyone!!!

You will love the Haven.

If the cost of a Haven suite is $6000 and you jr suite was $3500, if you split the 2500 difference, you have a greater chance of having your bid accepted. I don't believe that a couple of hundred dollars is sufficient. It will depend on how badly you want the Haven and can spend. Having stayed in the Haven it is wonderful and a truly special experience.

Sorry to hear that I was rooting for you. Anyway, how awesome is it that in two days we shall be sipping a nice frozen or frosty beverage just about to set sail......LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!

Aw, thanks! Its totally awesome that we will be onboard a beautiful ship, sipping frozen drinks, and watching the ocean from our balcony :)

Life is good!!

Congrats! How were you notified?

Thanks!

I was attempting to check bid status via NCL.com but the teaser to upgrade was gone. Went in via the original upgrade email and saw the processing status on the aft facing penthouse bid.

I just got the upgrade offer-thank goodness I checked my spam! Im in a CAS comped aft balcony. I really like the room I have but I would love to have the Haven Restaurant for breakfast and lunch and the priority embarkation/disembarkation. All my bids were "poor" but I bid what it was worth to me. I bid on H9 $600 H7 $600 H5 $600. I have a long time to wait!

I just got the upgrade offer-thank goodness I checked my spam! Im in a CAS comped aft balcony. I really like the room I have but I would love to have the Haven Restaurant for breakfast and lunch and the priority embarkation/disembarkation. All my bids were "poor" but I bid what it was worth to me. I bid on H9 $600 H7 $600 H5 $600. I have a long time to wait!

Which ship?

Crapola.....I actually think I may have screwed myself when I bid on the Mini.....My bids on the Haven were good but I wanted a fall back. Oh well, I did get the Thermal for free so that's a little surprise for the wife she will like. It's been fun people, and excruciating at the same time dealing with this process. Have fun every one!

I don't think you did. I had both bids on Haven and a bid for a mini for the Getaway and got the Haven.

I just booked the Getaway last Saturday for the 4/16 sailingand had also looked at the Escape for your sailing. There were so few Haven cabins available for your sailing. Perhaps others had bid higher than you.

I don't think you did. I had both bids on Haven and a bid for a mini for the Getaway and got the Haven.

I just booked the Getaway last Saturday for the 4/16 sailingand had also looked at the Escape for your sailing. There were so few Haven cabins available for your sailing. Perhaps others had bid higher than you.

I think they go by the best offer, and in this case, the best offer was for the mini (even if the Haven offers were really good).

That being said, we're currently in a spa mini and have biddings on H5 and H9, but will be perfectly happy if we remain in the M9.

All of my bids have expired except one! The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony (H5) shows as processing. I believe this means my offer is accepted. My offer was $850/pp. How long until I get the email from NCL telling me what room I have?

All of my bids have expired except one! The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony (H5) shows as processing. I believe this means my offer is accepted. My offer was $850/pp. How long until I get the email from NCL telling me what room I have?

Yep!!! You got it! Check your credit card.