NCL and food choices for a first timer.

mnsweeps

Our family of 4 has some restrictions ..2 of them are vegetarians and 2 of them eat only chicken in meat and sometimes fish.

We have been on Carnival and Disney before but never on NCL. I am planning a Mexican Riviera on the JEWEL in April and wanted to know if we would have enough choices for each meal.

I understand Indian food is served on NCL which mostly tends to be vegetarian. Any other tips?

If you are planning on eating in the MDR, there will be a "basics" menu that stays that same all week that should have a chicken and a vegetarian dish on it. Then there will also be a menu that changes daily that will usually have a chicken and/or a fish and a vegetarian dish. So, there should be something new every night they can eat, they may just be limited to 1-2 choices. The buffet and specialty dining is always and option though. They post the menu for the night earlier in the day, so I like to check it out in the morning and then decide if I want to do the MDR that night or an alternate option.

The chicken wings and spinach artichoke dip at O'Sheehans are delicious as well. There are usually several vegetarian options in the MDR (even I, a meat-lover supreme, have been known to order vegetarian apps/entrees on board).

Enjoy your cruise!