After Payment: Upgrading Cabins with payment?

cjmx

Ok, on hold with TA,

really confused here. Already paid final payment, just realized cabin is right above smoking port side.

Thus want to pay for upgrade to change cabins.

Ta is talking with celebrity and they want to rebook everything all new, instead of just paying the difference??

Sounds strange to me. Normally all you have to do is pay the difference between the two cabins.

I can't understand why he would cancel (causing you to loose deposit and possibly a penalty fees). I recently had my agent cancel and rebook but that was because I had a $25 deposit and they offered The best upgrade while when I booked I only had 1 perk. The cost of loosing my deposit was well worth the better overall deal.

Also - if there is another Cabin available in your booked classification you should be able to change rooms without a fee.

I would ask the agent - Why?

Edited by Jim_Iain

I had already completed final payment. I usually change my cabin and upgrade it from a 2b to a 1a, sometimes just for a better location.

It was strange to me that the celebrity sales team told my TA to cancel and we book under the current promotion, thus i would lose my OBC credit. at least that is what he said, as well as his SV.

So, Thank goodness, Celebrity Captain's Club excellent service helped out.! But the whole thing took time.

Ok, on hold with TA,

really confused here. Already paid final payment, just realized cabin is right above smoking port side.

Thus want to pay for upgrade to change cabins.

Ta is talking with celebrity and they want to rebook everything all new, instead of just paying the difference??

Sounds like you are in one of the TA's group cabins, not an individual booking with them as your agent.

I recently had my agent cancel and rebook but that was because I had a $25 deposit and they offered The best upgrade while when I booked I only had 1 perk. The cost of loosing my deposit was well worth the better overall deal.

May be something new but I've heard recently that people who book with the reduced deposit still incurred the FULL deposit penalty when canceling the cruise after final payment.

I understand about group bookings, no it was an individual bookings. I just got very unlucky with two inexperienced sale, both ends my TA and celebrity.

After that I called captains club, she agreed no need to rebook, but just pay the difference in the cabin price. That is what i did.

If it is frustrating for me, after over 20 cruises, I feel for the new cruises coming to the market.