Watch your statements carefully

shopnagain

Just back from Anthem. We ate at Jamie's Italian our last night (not worth the $70 bucks btw) and I ordered chicken. It was so rubbery I couldn't even eat it. I never send things back, but this I did. The waiter tried to argue with me and spent 5 minutes telling me that it is different because they are free range chickens. Then he felt he needed to explain to me how free range chickens are not kept in cages. I've had both and the only reason it would be rubbery is if it isn't cooked right! He finally agreed to bring me lasagna instead, which was ok. Later when I checked my statement they charged me the $70+ the tip I left and $105.38!!!! I had to go to guest services. They said it was for drinks, I had water and my husband had a soda (we have drink packages!) they had to call the manager even though I still had the receipt! Two others in the guest svc line were also complaining they were charged for bottles of wine they never ordered so watch those statements carefully !

Off Majesty last Friday and had to go to GS to have my bill adjusted also. I was charged for the Diamond drinks that I had receipts showing $0.00, made a difference of $61.52 for the 4 nights.

agree, watch your statements!

Holy cow, people get so nasty. I was just wondering if it was you or if the same thing happened to someone else. Geeezzzz

If you spend any time on CC, you know there are many who will scour the posting history of people and search for things anywhere for a counter or "ding" at someone when they post something negative about their precious Royal Caribbean.

Might not be you...but you, at the least, have been found guilty by association with at least one person.

And I have never figured out why people care about someone posting the same thing more than once...admittedly that might just be me. As far as I know, there are no perks on CC that come with the number of post someone has in their count.

But I digress...

We were on the Allure over labor day. The day after my adult DD was at the night club there was a $50 charge on her bill (yes we check every day) she went down to CS and it seems a waiter decided to give himself a $50 tip (that is what she was told by CS) She had the drink package so it was easy to spot on the bill. Shame there was one bad apple among those who work so hard.

Yeah, a lot can go wrong. On our radiance cruise last May we had a $300 art auction charge show up on the last night. Got it fixed but never found out how we were charged when we were never anywhere near the auction

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

Yikes!! Should have looked closely on my bill as I was on the same sailing as you.

We were on the Allure over labor day. The day after my adult DD was at the night club there was a $50 charge on her bill (yes we check every day) she went down to CS and it seems a waiter decided to give himself a $50 tip (that is what she was told by CS) She had the drink package so it was easy to spot on the bill. Shame there was one bad apple among those who work so hard.

I don't blame you for checking your balance every day. I actually check ours a few times each day. In your case, it saved you 50 bucks and possibly got the shady employee into the trouble he deserved. Sometimes it pays to be diligent.

Just back from Anthem. We ate at Jamie's Italian our last night (not worth the $70 bucks btw) and I ordered chicken. It was so rubbery I couldn't even eat it. I never send things back, but this I did. The waiter tried to argue with me and spent 5 minutes telling me that it is different because they are free range chickens. Then he felt he needed to explain to me how free range chickens are not kept in cages. I've had both and the only reason it would be rubbery is if it isn't cooked right! He finally agreed to bring me lasagna instead, which was ok. Later when I checked my statement they charged me the $70+ the tip I left and $105.38!!!! I had to go to guest services. They said it was for drinks, I had water and my husband had a soda (we have drink packages!) they had to call the manager even though I still had the receipt! Two others in the guest svc line were also complaining they were charged for bottles of wine they never ordered so watch those statements carefully !

Thanks for the warning.

We check our bill every other day and have found discrepancies. We politely tell Guest Services and they have always removed the charges with no discussion. The same thing has happened on other cruise lines that we've sailed so it's not just a Royal issue. People make mistakes. Just check your bill while on board and on the last day.

It goes without saying to check bills regularly .

We are on Rhapsody right now,I prepaid months ago for one cover in Chops for first night, added second person once we boarded to use the BOGOF coupon. We had a lovely meal and got a zero receipt at the end to sign and left a tip. Checked the sea pass next morning and we were charged $70 !.

On day 6 we went to Giovanni's and used the second BOGOF coupon, signed a a receipt for one cover charge and you guessed it got charged for 2 on the Sea pass account

Thank goodness the ship is always quiet at GS so I have not spent too much time in line sorting it out.

Thanks for the heads up. We always check our onboard account daily, just in case.

Earlier this week, I was on Empress. The specialty coffee shop is located within Boleros. I asked the Barista what the emerald discount was for specialty coffee. He said that he would scan my card and tell me.

Being a cheapskate, I didn’t find the discount very compelling and moved on. Sure enough, a charge for a coffee showed up on my bill on the last night. I didn’t sign for anything.

We were on the Adventure over Labor day. We got charged twice for one per cabin wash and fold stuff a bag laundry deal. Luckily we happened to walk by Guest Services the last night of the cruise and see there was no line and one clerk at the desk. She took it off without commenting, so it wasn't a big deal. I would say everyone just be certain to grab a copy when you see a chance and look it over. We didn't have any mistakes on our bill on Majesty last year.

One of the problems with Empress is that you can't access your account online. You have to wait until you receive a paper copy. In addition, the statement isn't especially easy to read with all the automatic gratuity line items for each guest.

I'm perfectly fine with an electronic bill accessible on my mobile device if RC can get to that level. There's usually an interim and final bill which, even for a short cruise, consists of several pages. That's a lot of paper shuffling and trees cut down.

We check our bill every other day and have found discrepancies. We politely tell Guest Services and they have always removed the charges with no discussion. The same thing has happened on other cruise lines that we've sailed so it's not just a Royal issue. People make mistakes. Just check your bill while on board and on the last day.

Funny thing about those mistakes is that I've never bought anything on the ships that I didn't get charged for just some extraneous charges for some stuff I never bought.

Amen

If you spend any time on CC, you know there are many who will scour the posting history of people and search for things anywhere for a counter or "ding" at someone when they post something negative about their precious Royal Caribbean.

Might not be you...but you, at the least, have been found guilty by association with at least one person.

And I have never figured out why people care about someone posting the same thing more than once...admittedly that might just be me. As far as I know, there are no perks on CC that come with the number of post someone has in their count.

But I digress...