Charges after Final Statement

Janey

Just puzzled that some people start a negative thread and don't have the courtesy or guts to respond to useful suggestions.

Don't waste any more time on this!

If you look at her past posts you will see why. Very little input from the OP except for a few P&O cruises. No mention of the Oosterdam cruise until now.

• 1 year later...

I too experienced an extra charge for the minibar. I thought it was weird since immediately after meeting our room attendant, we requested the refrigerator be cleared out. We brought our own sodas and wanted use of it. After arriving home, I see the discrepancy and called customer service. The gentlemen was not apologetic, even after I explained we had the fridge emptied, and his reply was a bit accusatory and stated they would contact the ship to investigate what was going on. I was a bit taken aback by his response, thinking this would be resolved with customer service. I hope once they figure out their mistake they not only refund me the difference but apologize for the mishap. Not pleased at all with the way they are handling this, especially since it was under $20.

I have had mini bar charges added when we did not touch the mini bar. On our last cruise, we had the mini bar inspector look while we were there and sign that it was complete. I've been on over 100 cruises and HAL is the only one who charged me incorrectly.

I too experienced an extra charge for the minibar. I thought it was weird since immediately after meeting our room attendant, we requested the refrigerator be cleared out. We brought our own sodas and wanted use of it. After arriving home, I see the discrepancy and called customer service. The gentlemen was not apologetic, even after I explained we had the fridge emptied, and his reply was a bit accusatory and stated they would contact the ship to investigate what was going on. I was a bit taken aback by his response, thinking this would be resolved with customer service. I hope once they figure out their mistake they not only refund me the difference but apologize for the mishap. Not pleased at all with the way they are handling this, especially since it was under $20.

That is unusual for HAL - normally they handle this situation quickly and politely. Maybe the person was just having a bad day?

I have had mini bar charges added when we did not touch the mini bar. On our last cruise, we had the mini bar inspector look while we were there and sign that it was complete. I've been on over 100 cruises and HAL is the only one who charged me incorrectly.

How fortunate you have been!

I finally heard back and they will refund my money. However, they did state, "Please be advised that this charge is based on the inventory of your stateroom mini-bar which was conducted by shipboard staff on the day of disembarkation"

Not sure how they figured that inventory out since there was nothing in there to begin with. I feel a simple, "our mistake" would be suffice. I hate the idea that they think I am trying to take something from them.

When we have d one b-to-b's, I have seen people leave to disembark and not c losed their cab in door. There e is nothing to stop someone from enterinng that cabin and taking what they want from mini-bar. Nothing to stop them b ut their own honesty. Close your cabin door when you leave.

I finally heard back and they will refund my money. However, they did state, "Please be advised that this charge is based on the inventory of your stateroom mini-bar which was conducted by shipboard staff on the day of disembarkation"

Not sure how they figured that inventory out since there was nothing in there to begin with. I feel a simple, "our mistake" would be suffice. I hate the idea that they think I am trying to take something from them.

Whenever we enter our cabin for the first time, the mini-bar is always stocked (not fully though). If we want it emptied, we ask the cabin attendant and he takes the stuff out (and I think hides it somewhere in the cabin). I assume that he refills it again as soon as we leave.

I had this happen this spring after a 1 night cruise on the Oosterdam. Cabin had not been cleaned well at all either. Tried emailing HAL and got no response. Disputed with credit card and then it was fixed. Mini bar item apparently. Was not impressed with this experience.