Sofa in balcony cabin

We will be sailing on Navigator of the Seas in a balcony cabin with our grandson. I wanted a cabin with a sofa bed but only able to get a Pullman which I am not really happy about as I am worried he will fall out if the sea is rough going across the Bay of Biscay, and land on top of us! Does anyone know if the sofa will be big enough for him to sleep on even though it doesn't convert to a bed? If not, would we be able to swap the sofa for a rollout bed?

We will be sailing on Navigator of the Seas in a balcony cabin with our grandson. I wanted a cabin with a sofa bed but only able to get a Pullman which I am not really happy about as I am worried he will fall out if the sea is rough going across the Bay of Biscay, and land on top of us! Does anyone know if the sofa will be big enough for him to sleep on even though it doesn't convert to a bed? If not, would we be able to swap the sofa for a rollout bed?

We have a pull out sofa bed in our room but will just be turning the sofa backwards against the wall for our 3.5yr old to make more room. We'll leave it that way all week so it is ready for naps.

She sleeps like this when we stay at Grandma's (for 2 week periods) with no complaints. Kids don't need much space, they will expand to take up all available space, but they don't need much space :-)

It depends on how old your grandson is, if he is a toddler, you should be fine. Pullman beds have a short bed rail to keep people from rolling out. Unless you are traveling in a suite, a rollaway bed will not fit in the cabin, there is not enough floor space available.

If the Bay of Biscay is rough enough to be throwing children out of bed then I don't think he'll be asleep so best to put him in bed with you until it passes.

Cruise ship captains are clever and will speed up or slow down to avoid the BoB when its at its worse.

What deck are you on as the lower down the less you are likely to feel it.

Have a good cruise, Gillian

We have a pull out sofa bed in our room but will just be turning the sofa backwards against the wall for our 3.5yr old to make more room. We'll leave it that way all week so it is ready for naps.

She sleeps like this when we stay at Grandma's (for 2 week periods) with no complaints. Kids don't need much space, they will expand to take up all available space, but they don't need much space :-)

The sofa doesn't convert into bed. I just wondered if it will be big enough to sleep on as it is. Grandson is 11 so too big to get in our bed. We are not in a suite, just a balcony on deck 7. Lat time we took grandchildren we had a grand suite which was perfect but couldn't justify the cost this time as we are only taking one child. I was really hoping to avoid the Pullman situation.

The sofa doesn't convert into bed. I just wondered if it will be big enough to sleep on as it is. Grandson is 11 so too big to get in our bed. We are not in a suite, just a balcony on deck 7. Lat time we took grandchildren we had a grand suite which was perfect but couldn't justify the cost this time as we are only taking one child. I was really hoping to avoid the Pullman situation.

Just ask your cabin steward to make up the sofa as a bed. No problem.

That is what I would like to do but I am not sure if the sofa is big enough. I have read that some cabins have a love seat, which I assume is smaller than a regular sofa but I am not sure of the size.

If you feel comfortable telling us your exact cabin number on Navigator, we can look it up and tell you if it is a sofa or love seat.

From what I can see 7606 on Navigator is a connecting room so it may only have a chair. A loveseat at best. How soon is the cruise? Is it possible to switch to a different room in the same category? I would try that at least.

Edited by Nemomof3
spelling error

From what I can see 7606 on Navigator is a connecting room so it may only have a chair. A loveseat at best. How soon is the cruise? Is it possible to switch to a different room in the same category? I would try that at least.

No not possible to change, there is nothing left. I will not be pleased if it is a chair as the cabin description clearly states a sofa. Does anyone know how big a love seat is. I have never heard of one. I am beginning to think I have made a big mistake booking this cabin.

I'm pretty sure that an E connecting cabin has a single seat.

Check out this link from youtube, its Explorer but I don't think Navigator will be any different. (Even though the description says sofa I think there is a disclaimer somwhere in very small print about connecting cabins, it used to be in the brochure)

Years ago we had a cabin just like it on Voyager when our son was about 9, he was fine on the pullman, infact until he got taller he preferred them to the sofabed.

If you are really worried speak to the cabin steward and ask him to make up just the mattress on the floor, you won't have much room to walk around but you can lift it back up during the day.

Julie

IMHO, an 11 year old will be perfectly fine in a pullman.

The seas would have to be extremely rough to be able to through someone off of a pullman bed.

Did you feel claustrophobic having a bed on top of you? I think it will feel like being on a ferry.

Edited by tallulahcruiser

...if we do have a chair it will give us more room than a sofa and I might even ask the cabin steward to remove it.

I don't think that is an option. They can't move furniture around and store it elsewhere. If every passenger asked this, can you imagine? :D

Please don't worry about this and just wait until you get on board. You may find he wants to sleep in the pullman bed, like camping out or something! Something different. He's probably not worried about it, nor should you be. :)

I don't think that is an option. They can't move furniture around and store it elsewhere. If every passenger asked this, can you imagine? :D

Please don't worry about this and just wait until you get on board. You may find he wants to sleep in the pullman bed, like camping out or something! Something different. He's probably not worried about it, nor should you be. :)

They do have a storage area for unwanted items. We had a coffee table removed once that was in the way. I am sure grandson wont mind where he sleeps, it is me that is concerned. I just cant imagine what it will be like having someone sleeping above us. I think the way forward is the mattress on the floor if there is enough space.