Inside cabin ideas

Ken Greco

Cruised many times on RCCL but this is the first time I am in an inside cabin because cost. Any ideas on how to enjoy the inside cabin with no windows or balcony? Tried to upgrade ship sold out for Oct 15th Oasis sail. I heard bring a night light, turn on the TV at night, magnets on the inside door for hanging things. What's the best why to dry things such as a wet swim suit?

We always book an inside cabin. We like to spend our money on other things and don't spend much time in it anyway. I turn on the TV to the outside cameras for my window. I put a clothesline up in the bathroom to hang our suits on.

I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The broom closet is OK. If you like to sleep there grate. You cant judge time in there. I use the TV to see the outside ship cam. I also get a large ice bucket from the bar and keep it in the room. Most inside rooms don't have fridges. Nice if you want a cold drink at night. :D

I've done the inside room a few times and had no issues. I keep my phone near the bed to tell time. I also set my phone alarm if I need to wake up for an early excursion. You'll be surprised how little time you spend in your room during the day.

The broom closet is OK. If you like to sleep there grate. You cant judge time in there. I use the TV to see the outside ship cam. I also get a large ice bucket from the bar and keep it in the room. Most inside rooms don't have fridges. Nice if you want a cold drink at night. :D

Inside cabins at least Radiance class and above all have the standard RCL fridge.

We've been in most cabin categories and must say, we sleep so much better in the dark, inside cabin. Plus, we can cruise twice for the same as it would cost for a balcony that we never fully take advantage of.

Everyone is different and has their own expectations. This is just our own personal preference and we are not encouraging what we like on anyone else.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Really like the inside cabin - the darkness is superb for trying to sleep, plenty of space (magnetic hooks are good, but the over-door hanger for extra storage wasn't needed - plenty of places to stash stuff.

Can see the appeal of the suites, etc (obviously) but struggling to see the need for a balcony cabin on port-intensive cruises (which is our preferred cruise type)

We are old foggies and it doesn't matter much to us, but, we have the beds separated and it really makes the cabin seem bigger and a lot easier to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. And, you do sleep a lot better. Just set an alarm or you will oversleep if you have to be up early for anything.

And we too, can cruise more by booking inside cabins.

I usually bring a little tea light battery operated candle to act as a night light. Plus we keep the bathroom light on and the door closed at night. That leaves enough light to see when we have to.

Gwen :)

We've cruised in most categories except a suite, depending on the cruise.

In addition to the suggestions here, my husband puts his watch in the bathroom so he can see what time it is during a bathroom visit. I take a travel alarm clock that I keep on my nightstand.

We tried keeping the TV on at night but found the glow disruptive. Best sleep ever in a dark inside.

Always found enough storage for the 2 of us so we never take over the door hangers.

It's the best feeling to go on an extra cruise because you saved money staying in an inside.

Inside cabins at least Radiance class and above all have the standard RCL fridge.

So does the Freedom and Voyager Class ships.

Thanks for all the help on the inside cabin. I am a solo cruiser after 14 cruises with my family. The Oasis of the Seas has so much to do I will not be spending much time in the cabin. We used to have balcony cabins which were nice if you had three people and a chance to sit outside and watch the world go by when the ship is in port.

After swimming, get in the shower by the pool and rinse the suit with it ON your body...sit in the sun until it's dry enough! Then, hang it from the air vent in your cabin (drape it over a hanger).

You don't need to wash the swim suit each time. A quick rinse in a fresh water shower will be fine.

Not much to add to the conversation above in terms of new ideas, but I agree with almost all of the comments.

We almost always get inside cabins (with 4 small children, balconies are not an option due to the cost for 3 cabins and also we can cruse more frequently if we keep the cost of the cabins low).

I have the best sleep of the entire year every time I cruise in the inside cabins. They are usually very dark and I find them excellent for a nights sleep or a catnap in the afternoon in the dark.

We spend very little time in the cabin on a cruise. The rest of the ship and the ports are the destination. If I wanted a nice room, I could stay in a hotel somewhere and have a much larger and nicer accommodations. Get out and enjoy the rest of the ship.

Rinse the suit while wearing it by the pool in the showers there and then you can lay in the sun a bit to dry it out for the most part. Hang it on the string in the shower to finish drying for the next day's use.

Thanks for all the help on the inside cabin. I am a solo cruiser after 14 cruises with my family. The Oasis of the Seas has so much to do I will not be spending much time in the cabin. We used to have balcony cabins which were nice if you had three people and a chance to sit outside and watch the world go by when the ship is in port.

Enjoy your Cruise.

I love insides best too. I've done promenade, outside and balcony, but I find insides is where I sleep best and can sleep in because it is so dark. Never slept longer than 7.30 on balcony or outside room. We pit our clothes on a hanger and let them drip out in the shower. Once it stops dripping I leave them hanging in the room and they dry much faster than in the bathroom. As others suggested, if you don't like the complete dark, leave the light in the bathroom on and close the door. Enjoy your cruise!

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

We find that the light coming through the gap at the bottom of the door is sufficient for us to see when making trips to the bathroom. We take two light battery operated lights - the kind that needs the top pressed to light up. Hubby has one so he can see the time and the other is left in the bathroom, so that the bathroom light need not be switched on and the person in bed is not disturbed by bathroom light flooding the cabin.

I do not think I am dreaming when I say that out bathrooms have always had a pull-out washing line in the shower area, handy for drying swimming costumes or bits of washing.

We now go with the single bed configuration as this gives much more useable space and gives the cabin a more spacious feeling.

Although we think that a balcony might be quite pleasant, we would rather have an inside and cruise more often.

Enjoy whatever your cruise.

Edited by Sue's Mom

We have cruised in every category except suites. With an IN cabin, I always:

Keep the bathroom light on at night with the door closed for a little slash of light. Keep my phone by the bed with an alarm set so as not to oversleep, because my best sleep is in an IN cabin. In a Promenade cabin, I keep the curtains open a bit for some light to filter in. Works great.

We'll be on Allure in Nov. in a CP balcony cabin--a first for us. I'll treat it like a PR cabin.

...I do not think I am dreaming when I say that out bathrooms have always had a pull-out washing line in the shower area' date=' handy for drying swimming costumes or bits of washing...[/quote']OP is sailing on Oasis. RCI "improved" O-class bathrooms by removing the clotheslines and putting in soap racks with bar spacings so wide that bars of soap easily drop through:mad: Probably saved 12 cents per cabin.

We could never stay in an inside cabin. First, they are typically smaller then a balcony cabin. On the Allure and Oasis, a CPV cabin is great- larger and cost effective. I like to have room in the closets and some storage space. Enjoy breakfast or cocktails on the balcony. The curtains are typically very good and truly block the sun from entering the cabin. Sometimes, you can upgrade to a balcony cabin a few weeks before the cruise as the prices drop if the ship isn't full. Contrary to what others say- we do spend time in our cabin. Sleep, bathing, dressing or just relaxing- so IMO I need to feel comfortable. I have a good sized bedroom at home and a nice bathroom, why would I settle for less on vacation.

If you can afford it- why not. Of course you must work with your budget. IMO any cabin is better then no cruise!

Edited by Cruise a holic

We usually book inside cabins. Sometimes, we will upgrade to a balcony if the price is right, or if there are price drops on our cruise. When we do upgrade to a balcony, I find that we never spend as much time there as we think that we will. We are always out and about.

We find the storage in inside cabins to be the same as standard balcony cabins. We keep the bathroom light on at night with the door closed. The light that escapes under the door serves as the night light.