Price drop BEFORE PIF?

gumbypee

so on my TA website AND on RCCL website there is a lower price for my cruise and I am not PIF yet.

apparently it is for one deck lower (I dont care about that!!) but the TA said he had to call RCCL because he was having trouble with it.

RCCL website says sale for only ten more hours. (saving $109 per person)

is this common? is the TA not wanting to lower my price? he said he would get to it later - I am a little frustrated.

Any advice??

i think it is a group booking but I thought they would just cancel the one and book the new lower rate?

It wouldn't be a group booking if the same price is available on the RCI site. Press them for the price - that's why you got a TA, to do the work for you.

so on my TA website AND on RCCL website there is a lower price for my cruise and I am not PIF yet.

apparently it is for one deck lower (I dont care about that!!) but the TA said he had to call RCCL because he was having trouble with it.

is this common? is the TA not wanting to lower my price? he said he would get to it later - I am a little frustrated.

Any advice??

One of many reasons I don 't use a travel agent, I want FULL control of my reservation...

Any advice??

Making up acronyms now? Too hard to spell words?

Edited by cruisinfanatic

I'm new rccl but I know with carnival to take advantage of a price drop it has to be the exact same category. Wouldn't the fact that the new price is for a deck lower mean they are not eligible for the new price?

Edited by s0ccermom

I'm new rccl but I know with carnival to take advantage of a price drop it has to be the exact same category. Wouldn't the fact that the new price is for a deck lower mean they are not eligible for the new price?

On Royal you will find the same category on many different decks.

On Royal you will find the same category on many different decks.

True!

However in the case of the OP it seems to be for a different category, because otherwise it wouldn´t be for a cabin a deck lower, but also for that exact cabin the OP is in.;)

Edited by Paulxyz2004