Norwegian Escape - Hurricane Matthew

Zeprider

Interesting, is this a factor of all the current Caribbean fleet ship locations happening to be outside of the danger zone? (I'm not familiar enough with NCL to have an idea where all the ships running carib/bahamas runs might be right now.)

Edit: Looked up the Escape and GA locations at least:

http://www.cruisemapper.com/Norwegian-Escape-location?imo=9677076

http://www.cruisemapper.com/Norwegian-Getaway-location?imo=9606924

Here, let me interpret for you...

At this time we really don't know what is going to happen or what we will do when it does happen, but we will be on top of it when it does happen. We felt it was important we put out some circle-speak so that you would feel confident we are on top of the situation. Should Hurricane Matthew creates large swells and high winds (which the storm will no doubt do) and close PortMiami (which is very likely), we will let you know what we're going to do when we figure it out. Thank you.

Probably more the breakaway which will need to get into and out of NY this weekend (about the time Matthew arrives). And down to Bermuda where Nichole is heading later this week.

Unless Matthew slows down even more after it crosses Cuba and the Bahamas.

At this time we really don't know what is going to happen or what we will do when it does happen, but we will be on top of it when it does happen. We felt it was important we put out some circle-speak so that you would feel confident we are on top of the situation. Should Hurricane Matthew creates large swells and high winds (which the storm will no doubt do) and close PortMiami (which is very likely), we will let you know what we're going to do when we figure it out. Thank you.

haha Exactly.

The ships are very good about riding around storms. I cruise every year the the 2nd week in September, the worst hurricane week, we have been lucky for 10 years. Even when there has been a disturbance out there, they have just changed track.

My husband is a developer and I am always more concerned with that. With 2 developments down in the keys and one in Merritt Island, I sure hope the storm goes away soon.But I hope everyone has a great cruise and it seems we should all pray for Haiti now...again.

Rumors are we will skip Nassau - go to Puerto Rico instead. Then go back to Miami after Matthew blows through. No confirmation on this - just rumors.

We have had mostly good weather so far. A little rain this morning in St. Thomas but now hot and humid.

Thanks. I was wondering how the seas were looking/feeling down there.

Greetings

Seas are nice today. Wind not due to pick up until late tomorrow. Based upon current forecast, by Saturday the seas should be ok. Miami is outside the cone at this time. Nassau not looking too good. They may get the brunt of this storm.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

Seas are nice today. Wind not due to pick up until late tomorrow. Based upon current forecast, by Saturday the seas should be ok. Miami is outside the cone at this time. Nassau not looking too good. They may get the brunt of this storm.

Good Sailing

Tom

No, Miami is on the western edge of the cone. Keep in mind the eye of the storm can possibly be anywhere inside or at the edge of the cone and will extend 90 miles in every direction.

Rumors are we will skip Nassau - go to Puerto Rico instead. Then go back to Miami after Matthew blows through. No confirmation on this - just rumors.

We have had mostly good weather so far. A little rain this morning in St. Thomas but now hot and humid.

So you're saying the rumor is that if Nassau gets hit hard and has lots of damage we would skip Nassau and go to Puerto Rico (where)? Interesting....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

You actually think the Miami Port could be closed?

So you're saying the rumor is that if Nassau gets hit hard and has lots of damage we would skip Nassau and go to Puerto Rico (where)? Interesting....

On the current track, Nassau and GSC will take a direct hit at mega storm strength. If the port of Nassau is closed or the tour operators aren't operating, the ship will reschedule to SAN Jauan which is a normal NCL port for souther Carib itineraries.

On the current track, Nassau and GSC will take a direct hit at mega storm strength. If the port of Nassau is closed or the tour operators aren't operating, the ship will reschedule to SAN Jauan which is a normal NCL port for souther Carib itineraries.

If the Bahamas are going to get hit as it is predicted, I think its safe to say Nassau could be skipped this week and next week. Pure speculation but its reasonable. San Juan is the only other port in the area they could stop at to "add a stop" after taking one off to meet the sailing time window.

No, Miami is on the western edge of the cone. Keep in mind the eye of the storm can possibly be anywhere inside or at the edge of the cone and will extend 90 miles in every direction.

Greetings

Miami is outside the official 11 am National Hurricane Center cone. The hurricane watches start at Deerfield Beach and go north to the Brevard/Volusia line. They could change the cone at the 5 pm update, but so far Miami is only under tropical storm watch.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

Miami is outside the official 11 am National Hurricane Center cone. The hurricane watches start at Deerfield Beach and go north to the Brevard/Volusia line. They could change the cone at the 5 pm update, but so far Miami is only under tropical storm watch.

Good Sailing

Tom

Again, it's the eye of the storm that can be anywhere inside or on the line of the cone and the hurricane extends 90 miles (Matthew is 187 miles wide) in all directions from the eye, so if Matthew were to make landfall in Deerfield Beach, Miami would be in a hurricane.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/videos/accuweather-experts/hurricane-matthew-to-send-dangerous-impacts-to-southeastern-us/5115667162001

Edited by Lido_Deck

Thoughts are with all scheduled to Sail on The Escape this coming Saturday...

Ray

And hopefully, I'll be one of them!

Just waiting for the price of a Single Inside to drop down to about $249. It's at $349 right now.

We are flying in Friday for the Escape departure on Saturday. We have travel insurance. Unfortunately we are flying down the east coast, so we know there will be delays and maybe even flight cancellations.

When it comes to delays and cancellations....Remember your plane has to be able to get to you...it is not only where you are going but where your plane is coming from.

I hope everyone stays safe and makes it onboard!

My brother is also on he Escape and I asked him if anything has been said about Nassau, he said no. I suggested that they may skip Nassau and if they are lucky they go to San Juan. But as noted he said nothing official from Capt on anything. To be honest I am not sure they could make Miami by Sat in rough seas if they spent a full day on Thursday in SJ. Maybe a 4-5 hour quick stop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD