Who's in the cat 4 storm now

Well I hope at the very least they comp you a few drinks for this unnecessary hardship they put you in! [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Darn right they should! My Rum Runner flasks washed away in that darn storm ... I got nothin now! ;)

We booked a South America cruise on Celebrity for December and were told that our passports need to be valid for at least 6 months after the cruise. Mine expires a few weeks after the cruise and I was told to renew. It may be a requirement in one or more of the South American countries.:confused:

We booked a South America cruise on Celebrity for December and were told that our passports need to be valid for at least 6 months after the cruise. Mine expires a few weeks after the cruise and I was told to renew. It may be a requirement in one or more of the South American countries.:confused:

Is it a closed loop cruise? That makes a difference. It could also be a requirement of one of the countries you are visiting. If one of the countries you are visiting requires a visa, that could be another reason. Not knowing the details, I wouldn't speculate.

The cruise that was in the discussion was a closed loop cruise to the Bahamas. No requirement for a passport, could cruise on a government issued picture ID and a birth certificate. Plus Bahamas only requires a valid passport for entry if flying in etc., no other restrictions.:)

Edit: Might want to start a thread about it so this one doesn't keep getting hijacked. Also, check out your rollcall thread to see what others have been told so you can all check official sources.

Edited by reallyitsmema

That MAY have been why we were told that by the passport office, we also had a scheduled stop in the Bahamas before arriving back to NYC. from our South American cruise.

But some folks will argue until their head falls off.

Thank you , Don, for your comment. And South America is awesome, just watch your wallet! ;)

That MAY have been why we were told that by the passport office, we also had a scheduled stop in the Bahamas before arriving back to NYC. from our South American cruise.

But some folks will argue until their head falls off.

Thank you , Don, for your comment. And South America is awesome, just watch your wallet! ;)

Yes, you will but others have moved on.

Looks like Empress and Enchantment are going to get by fine as long as Matthew doesn't move west. 100 knot winds are going to be hitting Haiti soon. The Davina thinks it is going to Freeport? Glad I'm not on her. :eek:

Looks like Empress and Enchantment are going to get by fine as long as Matthew doesn't move west. 100 knot winds are going to be hitting Haiti soon. The Davina thinks it is going to Freeport? Glad I'm not on her. :eek:

Majesty's destination says Freeport too. Did they change that itinerary? I have been out all day so haven't caught up with the diversions yet.