Who's in the cat 4 storm now

Well, you see reporters on TV in the middle of the storm all the time, so that's what people expect, right?

Cruise ships are never in the middle of the storm. They are usually just on the periphery of any tropical storm/hurricane. No one in their right mind would sail into the middle of a hurricane. People sometimes exxagerate.:rolleyes:

The storm is over water right now, pretty far south. OP asked about ships, not anyone on land.

Edited by BND

Tell that to the people on the Anthem last January :eek:..

I assume you mean the Feb 6 sailing. Yes, there were a fair number of folks who thought the captain aimed for the heart of the storm.

Edited by Biker19

I assume you mean the Feb 6 sailing. Yes, there were a fair number of folks who thought the captain aimed for the heart of the storm.

The storm truly "blew up" around Anthem. It was not a hurricane, but developed hurricane force winds. The captain knew it would be a rough ride going south, with force 12 seas, and advised passengers of such, but no one really knew what it would turn into.

In the end, Anthem pulled through and, please do not compare Anthem to intentionally sailing into a known hurricane!

Oy! I knew Anthem would be mentioned here somewhere:cool:!

"The Fantome was the $15 million, self-insured pride of Miami Beach-based Windjammer Barefoot Cruises Ltd., a sailing line"

http://www.fortogden.com/fantommiamiherald.html

Good article watergirl. We cruised Carnival a month or two after the fact and at the officers event they confirmed that she was under their flag,as Barefoot Cruises , was not insured , so self insured, and did not want to comment any further.

Thanks for finding that, I knew the information posted was way off.

What is your problem with me? I was off only by a few crew deaths. Pretty good memory for 30 years ago.

What was way off? Maybe your attitude and snide comments toward me and I kindly ask you to be an adult and STOP!

Thank You

Good article watergirl. We cruised Carnival a month or two after the fact and at the officers event they confirmed that she was under their flag,as Barefoot Cruises , was not insured , so self insured, and did not want to comment any further.

What is your problem with me? I was off only by a few crew deaths. Pretty good memory for 30 years ago.

What was way off? Maybe your attitude and snide comments toward me and I kindly ask you to be an adult and STOP!

Thank You

What was way off? It wasn't a cruise ship.

As far as your temper tantrum, I have posted once to this thread so not sure what you are talking about. Put me on ignore if you want or skip my posts as I do others.

Thanks for finding that, I knew the information posted was way off.

What was way off? It wasn't a cruise ship.

As far as your temper tantrum, I have posted once to this thread so not sure what you are talking about. Put me on ignore if you want or skip my posts as I do others.

Your posting is above. You said you KNEW the information was way off.

What was way off and why did you post such nonsense?

I am not having a temper tantrum, I am trying to stop your bulling me on this post and a few others that is/was not called for, and have asked you kindly to stop. That is what i am talking about.

It was in the late 90's biker.

Relevance and context. An example like that is not really relevant in the age of weather computer models, 6000 person passanger ships and ever since the Anthem Feb 6 sailing probably a somewhat gun shy RCI.

Your posting is above. You said you KNEW the information was way off.

What was way off and why did you post such nonsense?

I am not having a temper tantrum, I am trying to stop your bulling me on this post and a few others that is/was not called for, and have asked you kindly to stop. That is what i am talking about.

You quoted my posts that show I answered what was way off, if you feel it is nonsense then, that is your opinion.

As far as bullying, what posts are you talking about? If you are referring to the passport thread from yesterday, you posted incorrect information repeatedly and were corrected by me and many other posters. I hope you have also called them out for providing accurate information.

Relevance and context. An example like that is not really relevant in the age of weather computer models, 6000 person passanger ships and ever since the Anthem Feb 6 sailing probably a somewhat gun shy RCI.

The title of the OP'S thread was "Who's in the cat 4 storm now", bringing this tragic event to mind. I did think it was relevant to the context of the thread title.

But thank you for YOUR insight. :):)

You quoted my posts that show I answered what was way off, if you feel it is nonsense then, that is your opinion.

As far as bullying, what posts are you talking about? If you are referring to the passport thread from yesterday, you posted incorrect information repeatedly and were corrected by me and many other posters. I hope you have also called them out for providing accurate information.

This is my final quote to you. And only in my defense. Yes, I'm talking about the passport thread. I talked to the passport office and was told that if we cruise a lot we need a passport that is good for 6 months after the cruise. That comment came from the horses mouth and I never questioned it. If I was given wrong information by the Government, I don't know, I only posted what I was told by the official.

Truce?

This is my final quote to you. And only in my defense. Yes, I'm talking about the passport thread. I talked to the passport office and was told that if we cruise a lot we need a passport that is good for 6 months after the cruise. That comment came from the horses mouth and I never questioned it. If I was given wrong information by the Government, I don't know, I only posted what I was told by the official.

Truce?

The clerk that answered the phone, where ever you called, is wrong. There are multiple links to state.gov and CBP websites in that thread that state what is required. There is also a link the Royal Caribbean's website that confirms the information and also provides you with links to the correct information. You can choose to believe what you want.