Bill in Australian Dollars on Dawn Princess

gvre

We just received a notice that our ship bill for the March 3, 2017 Dawn Princess Australia to New Zealand will be in Australian dollars.

Does anyone know if the prices for drinks,shops, ect. posted on the ship will be the US dollar or the Australian dollar?

Thanks,

You won't be paying for very much in cash...it will be on your room bill, which is tied to your credit card, which will be billed in AUD.

As commonly discussed, DON'T allow Princess to do any converting for you- it won't be favorable to you. Just let them bill your credit card in AUD, and have your credit card convert to USD. Far better exchange rate.

You won't be paying for very much in cash...it will be on your room bill, which is tied to your credit card, which will be billed in AUD.

As commonly discussed, DON'T allow Princess to do any converting for you- it won't be favorable to you. Just let them bill your credit card in AUD, and have your credit card convert to USD. Far better exchange rate.

Bruce are the Drink prices the same as if they were US dollars or are they higher because they are AUD.

Thanks,

Bruce are the Drink prices the same as if they were US dollars or are they higher because they are AUD.

Thanks,

I have never done the conversion for their AUD drink prices to USD. I have heard some comments that they might be slightly higher. They will look higher, because the conversion rate would take a $7 (USD) drink into a slightly less than 10 AUD drink, to keep the prices purely equal.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Drink prices: My favourite cocktail, Beverly Hills Iced Tea is $13.95 AUD on the Aussie ships.

Cheers.

I understand Cocktails are AUD$14 on the Australian-based ships.

I cruise on the Golden Princess 11/11/2016, and intend to get as much price information for as many venues as I can. Don't have the skill to do a spreadsheet like another clever reader has done, but can easily do a Venue List with drinks and prices.

With only 3 nights, I cannot get the All-Inclusive-Beverage-Package, that's only for cruises of 8 nights or more.

HTH.

You will want to make sure that you have a credit card that does not charge a fee for foreign transactions.

Another thread says that credit cards used on Australia based cruises that are priced in Australia currency have a 1.5% fee added to them by Princess.

This is in addition to any foreign transaction fees your credit card company may charge.

There is no 1.5% charge added to debit card charges.

Thanks,

Higher.

A drink that $10 US will be about $14 Aus, but at current exchange that's only about $10.50 and if the Aus$ drops much further (as many expect) it will be under $10US.

Higher.

A drink that $10 US will be about $14 Aus, but at current exchange that's only about $10.50 and if the Aus$ drops much further (as many expect) it will be under $10US.

But then the $10 will become $11.50 when they add 15%.

So in the end it will be what it is.

But then the $10 will become $11.50 when they add 15%.

So in the end it will be what it is.

They don't add 15% as far as I am aware. But you are absolutely right, it is what it is - just enjoy. [emoji485][emoji484]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another thread says that credit cards used on Australia based cruises that are priced in Australia currency have a 1.5% fee added to them by Princess.

This is in addition to any foreign transaction fees your credit card company may charge.

There is no 1.5% charge added to debit card charges.

the credit card fee on Australian ships is 1.1% and no fee for debit cards

Thanks,

Remember the drinks etc do not have the 15% added as we do not tip This is why the prices are a little higher it is built in

Just a note We are advised that Princess is now charging 1.1% on your account if you use a credit card Debit cards are free.