Earliest Flight out of SEA on a Friday

cruzgryphon

Hi all,

Did a search but couldn't find the information I was looking for. Would I be able to make an International flight out of SEA at 11am on a Friday in September?

I'll be arriving in Seattle on the Explorer of the Seas arriving from Victoria BC.

Thanks in advance for any information.

I think you'd be pushing it pretty close with a 11am international flight. I believe it could be done if you walked off the ship with your luggage and grabbed a cab at the terminal. I wouldn't do it, I don't liked to be rushed, but that's just me.

I'm not sure I would risk that either. We had a domestic flight at 1:00, or a little after, and we got there around 10:00, but we waited for the crowds to get off, so maybe about 30-40 minutes after the mass rush to get off the ship. Traffic was a little busier in the morning rush and then if there are multiple cruise ships coming & going, the line to check in for the flight as well as going through TSA was about 45-60 minutes.

Check the airline's international check-in requirement. Probably at least 2 hours meaning needing to be there and through check-in line (could be 30 minutes or more just for that) by 9:00 am - really meaning needing to get in line by 8:30. From check-in to get (through security) can take place within the 2 hr window so not a factor. But even the savviest cab driver taking the back roads (E. Marginal way to Burien Freeway (SR-509) to SeaTac will take minimum 45 minutes on a weekday even though going counter to morning commute - more likely an hour due to lights. So latest departure from dock would be 7:30 am and the ships generally arrive at 7:00 am and it takes awhile before people are let off. Zero margin for anything going wrong.

Going through Customs and Immigration in Seattle after a coastal cruise was one of the longest and most disorganized experiences we have ever had disembarking. THEN we had to wait ages for a taxi. :(

I wouldn't do it.

We have gone through customs at Seattle several times and the wait was non-existent because we have global entry.:)