Hotel in Miami

mja2573

Looking for a hotel in Miami - nothing fancy - our flight gets in around midnight, so we would be sleeping then heading to ship in a.m. Therefore just a clean place in a safe location that isn't over priced, March 18.

Any suggestions?

Looking for a hotel in Miami - nothing fancy - our flight gets in around midnight, so we would be sleeping then heading to ship in a.m. Therefore just a clean place in a safe location that isn't over priced, March 18.

Any suggestions?

Yes, in July.

Nothing will be reasonably priced in March. I would budget at least $150 for a hotel.

Anything cheaper that time of year will be flat out dangerous. There is no such thing as an inexpensive, clean, safe hotel that time of year.

Any suggestions?

I am assuming you want something near the airport with 24 hr/late shuttle? You might try lastminutetravel.com or easyclicktravel.com and see what you can find? Good luck! :)

Edited by Froufie

The Homewood is brand new as well. There is also an Aloft here in Brickell, so maybe check those prices.

What date are you looking for?

1 night feb 18 - still 'interested' in the homewood suites - price is okay $220/night - but it simply says a 'standard' room w/breakfast - we would need 2 queens - so not sure if this would work (and in any case when I check the homewood website they are sold out for this date so wondering if this is 'real' or if lmt has inventory somehow?).

Otherwise happy with the MIA airport hotel - but not as much fun as being downtown (and also looking at shuttle from FLL to brickell area hotels)

1 night feb 18 - still 'interested' in the homewood suites - price is okay $220/night - but it simply says a 'standard' room w/breakfast - we would need 2 queens - so not sure if this would work (and in any case when I check the homewood website they are sold out for this date so wondering if this is 'real' or if lmt has inventory somehow?).

Otherwise happy with the MIA airport hotel - but not as much fun as being downtown (and also looking at shuttle from FLL to brickell area hotels)

LMT has inventory. I've booked with them many times where the hotel is sold out on their own website and have never had an issue.

I'm trying to figure out what is going on that weekend because it may be our season, but the rates are extremely high for that weekend and many places are sold out. The SOBE Food and Wine is the following weekend so it's not that.

I would call LMT and see what they can do about the bedding, if they could guarantee 2 queen beds.

That is a long holiday weekend for President's Day (Monday, February 20), so it is a busy travel weekend for many.

Edited by brunello22

I've stayed at 4 and I'll never stay at a fifth. The 4th was the Doubletree by Hilton Biscayne Bay. Perfect!!! You will NOT be disappointed!!!

We are booked there is February. Do you remember what stores were in walking distance? Any reasonably priced restaurants nearby?

Thanks

We just checked out after two nights at the Hampton Inn in Brickell. Nice hotel, fantastic location. Close to CVS and Publix. Took the free Metromover (literally beside the hotel) down to Bayside Marketplace and Bayfront Park. Very easy to get around and the area felt very safe, even at night.

We just checked out after two nights at the Hampton Inn in Brickell. Nice hotel, fantastic location. Close to CVS and Publix. Took the free Metromover (literally beside the hotel) down to Bayside Marketplace and Bayfront Park. Very easy to get around and the area felt very safe, even at night.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I think I'm going to book the Homewood. LMT has it for $219.00 include tax for 4 adults, for one night, March 4th. A couple of questions.

Can we walk to Mary Brickell Village from there?

Does the free trolley go by the hotel and to Brickell Village or Bayside Market?

How far to Bayside Market Place..walk or taxi?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

I think I'm going to book the Homewood. LMT has it for $219.00 include tax for 4 adults, for one night, March 4th. A couple of questions.

Can we walk to Mary Brickell Village from there?

Does the free trolley go by the hotel and to Brickell Village or Bayside Market?

How far to Bayside Market Place..walk or taxi?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Yes, you can walk to Mary Brickell Village from there.

To go to Bayside Market you can take the free Metromover. Simply get on at the Brickell station and take it to College/Bayside Station. You can also take it to Bayfront Park and walk. Make sure when you go back to that hotel that you get on the train for Brickell, not the Omni train.

Uber it also a great way to go. From your hotel, it would be about $6.

Yes, you can walk to Mary Brickell Village from there.

To go to Bayside Market you can take the free Metromover. Simply get on at the Brickell station and take it to College/Bayside Station. You can also take it to Bayfront Park and walk. Make sure when you go back to that hotel that you get on the train for Brickell, not the Omni train.

Uber it also a great way to go. From your hotel, it would be about $6.

Thank you for the info. I signed up for Hilton Honors and now I think I can get the Hampton Inn Brickell for the same price. Your thoughts....not sure if we are going to go to Bayside or Mary Brickell...not looking for any nightlife. It kind of looks like 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other!

Thank you for the info. I signed up for Hilton Honors and now I think I can get the Hampton Inn Brickell for the same price. Your thoughts....not sure if we are going to go to Bayside or Mary Brickell...not looking for any nightlife. It kind of looks like 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other!

While the Homewood Suites is brand new, the Hampton Inn is right in Brickell. You are 2 short blocks away from Mary Brickell Village with restaurants all along the way.

You can walk to Bayside, it would just be about a 1 mile and half from here. Also you would simply get on the 10th street Metromover station which is very close by.

The location of the Hampton Inn is much better.

The location of the Hampton Inn is fabulous. Couldn't have asked for better. Nice pool, okay breakfast, really well kept. However, the regular rooms are a little on the small side. We had a 1-king room, and there was the bed and a small desk, and that's about it. No room for more furniture than that. We were fine since it was only two of us, but for a larger group you'd want to look closely at the available pics online to see what size the 2-queen rooms are.