Oasis Izumi Hibachi question

We have booked the hibachi dinner for one evening at a cost of $30 per person. Looking at the online menu RCCl showed, it shows a single entree price (chicken, steak, etc...) and a combination entree price (steak & shrimp or chicken & shrimp, etc...). Does the amount we prepaid cover the combo entree offerings?

Thanks for any help.

We have booked the hibachi dinner for one evening at a cost of $30 per person. Looking at the online menu RCCl showed, it shows a single entree price (chicken, steak, etc...) and a combination entree price (steak & shrimp or chicken & shrimp, etc...). Does the amount we prepaid cover the combo entree offerings?

Thanks for any help.

We did the Hibachi two weeks ago. I pre-paid for two at $30.00, We did the combination and paid $5.00 more per person. By the way we had a great time and there was plenty of food.

Looking at the Izumi sample menu on the RCL site, it seems like it would be hard not to go over the $30, especially if you try a signature sushi roll (spider or truffle lobster).

Edited by starrcards

Looking at the Izumi sample menu on the RCL site, it seems like it would be hard not to go over the $30, especially if you try a signature sushi roll (spider or truffle lobster).

The $30 is for the Hibachi Experience, a separate restaurant from the ala carte sushi side. Even with the $30 for the hibachi, all sushi is ala carte and additional.

The $30 is for the Hibachi Experience, a separate restaurant from the ala carte sushi side. Even with the $30 for the hibachi, all sushi is ala carte and additional.

Is this true? I thought you could order sushi and up to $30 would be covered by the credit? The $30 only covers the Hibachi?

Is this true? I thought you could order sushi and up to $30 would be covered by the credit? The $30 only covers the Hibachi?

If you are purchasing a dining package, then you get a $30 credit to use any way you want at Izumi.

Can I use my Diamond + BOGO specialty restaurant coupon at Izumi Hibachi on Allure?

Not sure about diamond but hibachi is not included in the dining package. Not sure why since it isn't more expensive than restaurants like Wonderland which are included but, logic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

In ships with a hibachi there is a separate item for purchase called the Izumi Hibachi Experience, this is $30, is not part of the dining packages, and does not include any credit for the ala carte side of Izumi. You can also book Izumi on its own and pay ala carte for the sushi and other items, or you can book Izumi through the specialty dining packages, which gives you a $30 credit to use towards the sushi. The Hibachi Experience is, for all intents and purposes, a completely separate entity from the rest of Izumi. You can order off the full Izumi menu, but it will be ala carte.

In all honesty, the $30 is a very reasonable price for hibachi. That's pretty close to what we pay at hibachi places around here, $25-30 if it's just steak or chicken, $30-$35 for seafood, and $35-45 for the combo dishes. If it also included a sushi credit it would be an insane deal.

In ships with a hibachi there is a separate item for purchase called the Izumi Hibachi Experience, this is $30, is not part of the dining packages, and does not include any credit for the ala carte side of Izumi. You can also book Izumi on its own and pay ala carte for the sushi and other items, or you can book Izumi through the specialty dining packages, which gives you a $30 credit to use towards the sushi. The Hibachi Experience is, for all intents and purposes, a completely separate entity from the rest of Izumi. You can order off the full Izumi menu, but it will be ala carte.

In all honesty, the $30 is a very reasonable price for hibachi. That's pretty close to what we pay at hibachi places around here, $25-30 if it's just steak or chicken, $30-$35 for seafood, and $35-45 for the combo dishes. If it also included a sushi credit it would be an insane deal.

So if we are a party of 10 and 6 of us want to do the hibachi experience and 4 of us sushi, can we all sit at the hibachi table? Even though 4 will not get hibachi? Also, can those 4 use there dining credit at the hibachi table for their sushi (I believe you said yes above, but verifying)

Edited by mickeyhereicome

So if we are a party of 10 and 6 of us want to do the hibachi experience and 4 of us sushi, can we all sit at the hibachi table? Even though 4 will not get hibachi? Also, can those 4 use there dining credit at the hibachi table for their sushi (I believe you said yes above, but verifying)

Hibachi table seating is only for booked for Hibachi.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I believe the hibachi tables only seat 8 people, and it will probably be up to the dining manager, but I doubt if they will allow passengers without a Hibachi reservation to sit in the Hibachi area. There is a limited amount of seating for hibachi, and I doubt if they would be willing to give up a $30 seat to somebody who didn't pay for it. If there are a lot of unsold reservations they may be willing, but I definitely wouldn't plan around it being allowed.

I'm not sure how it would work if somebody had both the dining package and the hibachi experience, if the system would even allow them to designate two "dinners" at the same time.

Disclaimer: I haven't dined at Izumi Hibachi yet, all of my info is just from research I did while deciding whether or not to book it on Harmony this January.

Not sure about diamond but hibachi is not included in the dining package. Not sure why since it isn't more expensive than restaurants like Wonderland which are included but, logic.

This is not true.

We were on Oasis very recently, in face twice in the past 4 months, and we used our dining package at the hibachi part of Izumi twice each cruise.

There was a change, in fact, for our cruise in Sept vs the earlier one this year. The change was good though.

The dining package was actually now good towards the combo plate ($40) value when it was only good for the single meat previously. To me, it makes perfect sense considering the price of chops is now over $40 and the package is certainly good there too.

As far as the meal, it certainly is the best on the ship. Cannot wait to go again on the next cruise!!

I believe the hibachi tables only seat 8 people, and it will probably be up to the dining manager, but I doubt if they will allow passengers without a Hibachi reservation to sit in the Hibachi area. There is a limited amount of seating for hibachi, and I doubt if they would be willing to give up a $30 seat to somebody who didn't pay for it. If there are a lot of unsold reservations they may be willing, but I definitely wouldn't plan around it being allowed.

I'm not sure how it would work if somebody had both the dining package and the hibachi experience, if the system would even allow them to designate two "dinners" at the same time.

Disclaimer: I haven't dined at Izumi Hibachi yet, all of my info is just from research I did while deciding whether or not to book it on Harmony this January.

They can seat up to 10 people at each table/grill.

I agree that although they would have capacity for your group, you could not take up the seating unless everyone paid the hibachi cover charge.

You can always do that and then have some people also order sushi. I know it wouldn't be the cheapest but it would work.

This is not true.

We were on Oasis very recently, in face twice in the past 4 months, and we used our dining package at the hibachi part of Izumi twice each cruise.

There was a change, in fact, for our cruise in Sept vs the earlier one this year. The change was good though.

The dining package was actually now good towards the combo plate ($40) value when it was only good for the single meat previously. To me, it makes perfect sense considering the price of chops is now over $40 and the package is certainly good there too.

As far as the meal, it certainly is the best on the ship. Cannot wait to go again on the next cruise!!

Interesting. On the website it says that Hibachi is not included with the dining package, and I was told the same thing when I called in because the site was having problems with my reservation.

*Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation must be used on the first or second night of the sailing. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $30 food credit. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Izumi Hibachi experience and Mystery Dinner Theater.

If they are allowing it on board that's great, but I wouldn't count on it personally. With the website being clear it isn't included, you'd have no recourse if the dining manager doesn't allow it, so for us we are keeping it booked as a separate reservation.

Also, thanks for the correction on number of seats. I was assuming 8 based on the hibachi places we've done on land. Part of the fun of a hibachi show is the other people, so 10 is great, as long as the table actually fits 10, trying to squeeze two extra chairs at a table at our local Benihana would just be cramped

Edited by awestover89

Interesting. On the website it says that Hibachi is not included with the dining package, and I was told the same thing when I called in because the site was having problems with my reservation.

If they are allowing it on board that's great, but I wouldn't count on it personally. With the website being clear it isn't included, you'd have no recourse if the dining manager doesn't allow it, so for us we are keeping it booked as a separate reservation.

Also, thanks for the correction on number of seats. I was assuming 8 based on the hibachi places we've done on land. Part of the fun of a hibachi show is the other people, so 10 is great, as long as the table actually fits 10, trying to squeeze two extra chairs at a table at our local Benihana would just be cramped

Haha it is indeed cramped. I've sat with 8 as well. I'm assuming it's all a matter of the demand and need.

If you are purchasing a dining package, then you get a $30 credit to use any way you want at Izumi.

Just off Oasis last Saturday. We did the 5 meal dining package.

There is no credit for any of the a la carte restaurants: Sabor, Izumi (sushi), and Vintages are all paid out of pocket. Izumi teppanyaki is covered fully as one of your five meals. You have to call to make an Izumi teppanyaki reservation: they won't let you do it through the TV.

We did the teppanyaki and had a great meal, both higher quality and much tastier than NCL's teppanyaki. That said, the sushi prices were INSANE for a cruise ship... many of the rolls were in the $13-15 range.

Just off Oasis last Saturday. We did the 5 meal dining package.

There is no credit for any of the a la carte restaurants: Sabor, Izumi (sushi), and Vintages are all paid out of pocket. Izumi teppanyaki is covered fully as one of your five meals. You have to call to make an Izumi teppanyaki reservation: they won't let you do it through the TV.

We did the teppanyaki and had a great meal, both higher quality and much tastier than NCL's teppanyaki. That said, the sushi prices were INSANE for a cruise ship... many of the rolls were in the $13-15 range.

They must be doing their own thing on Oasis, as a la carte policy is mentioned here:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

See the small print at the bottom.

They must be doing their own thing on Oasis, as a la carte policy is mentioned here:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

See the small print at the bottom.

Bob,

I was just also on oasis, and you could definitely also use the dining package at the ala carte restaurants if desired as well. You got a $30 pp credit to use.