Alaska Cruise - Seattle or Glaciers

ge0rgette2

Seattle doesn't do Vancouver long enough for me..

I'm not completely sure what you are asking. That sentence is undiagramable. But if the question is whether you should choose a cruise that departs out of Vancouver and travels the Inside Passage and goes to Glacier Bay or one that travels round-trip from Seattle that heads west of Vancouver Island and skips Glacier Bay, then my vote is strongly for the former.

I'm not completely sure what you are asking. That sentence is undiagramable. But if the question is whether you should choose a cruise that departs out of Vancouver and travels the Inside Passage and goes to Glacier Bay or one that travels round-trip from Seattle that heads west of Vancouver Island and skips Glacier Bay, then my vote is strongly for the former.

Sorry I'm tired lmao ;)

I was looking to depart Anchorage and go to Vancouver doing the Glacier Voyage... otherwise, it's Seattle Round trip - doing Glacier Bay as an itinerary, scenic cruising of course..

What I'm trying to do is -- fly to Seattle - from NY - then to Anchorage for a few nights - then cruise - then Vancouver a few nights, back to Seattle..

I was told there isn't much to do in Anchorage and more to do in Vancouver, so .. i was trying to get a feel of what to do.

While you can visit Glacier Bay aboard a Seattle round trip I still think the Vancouver itineray is better because of port times. The usuall Seattle cruise leave Ketchikan very early so they can hightail it around the west side of Vancouver Island to make port in Victoria to satisfy the PVSA. I much prefer the scenic day 6 back to Vancouver port.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Forums mobile app

Princess (and other lines) offer land tours before or after cruises. the land portion can include Denali, Fairbanks, Kenai, etc. they range from about 3 days to 8 or10. Plus the 7 day cruise Vancouver to Anchorage or the reverse.

Given your basic parameters, I would...

Fly directly to Anchorage and do land-based touring

Cruise south to Vancouver and do land based touring. There is a ton of things to do/see in the Vancouver/Victoria area.

Fly home from Vancouver.

Leave Seattle for your second cruise to Alaska.

Princess (and other lines) offer land tours before or after cruises. the land portion can include Denali, Fairbanks, Kenai, etc. they range from about 3 days to 8 or10. Plus the 7 day cruise Vancouver to Anchorage or the reverse.

I have prices land and cruise and for anchorage for a few nights is almost tripled ... Not giving me Vancouver at all.

Given your basic parameters, I would...

Fly directly to Anchorage and do land-based touring

Cruise south to Vancouver and do land based touring. There is a ton of things to do/see in the Vancouver/Victoria area.

Fly home from Vancouver.

Leave Seattle for your second cruise to Alaska.

Thanks! I've booked anchorage to Vancouver and will finalize details over all the months I have till then lol

We did not do much in Anchorage, but we were there just one night after four nights on a cruise tour that started in Fairbanks and went to Denali and the Princess Mt. McKinley Lodge.

The Seattle roundtrip cruises don't do the city of Vancouver at all. They have an evening stop in Victoria (which is on Vancouver Island). We've always stayed on the ship then to enjoy a last dinner in the dining room and pack. We stayed in Victoria a couple of nights several years ago after visiting my brother and sister-in-law in Seattle.

I base my recommendation on how many days someone wants to be on vacation. If you're flying to or from Alaska, you need several extra days in addition to the cruise to make the trip worthwhile.

We did not do much in Anchorage, but we were there just one night after four nights on a cruise tour that started in Fairbanks and went to Denali and the Princess Mt. McKinley Lodge.

The Seattle roundtrip cruises don't do the city of Vancouver at all. They have an evening stop in Victoria (which is on Vancouver Island). We've always stayed on the ship then to enjoy a last dinner in the dining room and pack. We stayed in Victoria a couple of nights several years ago after visiting my brother and sister-in-law in Seattle.

I base my recommendation on how many days someone wants to be on vacation. If you're flying to or from Alaska, you need several extra days in addition to the cruise to make the trip worthwhile.

Yes. Thank you.

I am going to get myself a Alaska book travel guide.

I'm sure my local bookstore will have or Amazon.

My advice: do the land portion of before cruise on your own. Get the milepost book on Alaska it has every major road and what there is to do or see.

We compared prices and itineraries of Princess tours and doing it ourselves and we opted to do it ourselves. Had a fabulous time and stayed in some great locations. We try to stay away from the herd mentality if possible.

Sorry I'm tired lmao ;)

I was looking to depart Anchorage and go to Vancouver doing the Glacier Voyage... otherwise, it's Seattle Round trip - doing Glacier Bay as an itinerary, scenic cruising of course..

What I'm trying to do is -- fly to Seattle - from NY - then to Anchorage for a few nights - then cruise - then Vancouver a few nights, back to Seattle..

I was told there isn't much to do in Anchorage and more to do in Vancouver, so .. i was trying to get a feel of what to do.

This is what my trip will be like in May. We are flying into Seattle early for 3 days, from there to Anchorage to Fairbanks...(you could stop in Anchorage for a night or two and sight-see. MAKE your reservations early for Anch.for x number of nights) ****Board a southbound ship and visit Glacier Bay and all the ports. You will end up in Vancouver and take however many days to see the city you want...then, fly home.

{We will do a land tour 5-1/2 days before boarding in Whittier (near but not stopping in Anch) cruise Glacier bay plus ports. Ending in Vancouver.}

The cost flying Alaska Air in not expensive from Seattle to Anchorage.

Our first trip to Alaska was round trip from Seattle, staying before and after the cruise for a few nights.

I believe either way you will enjoy.

Just have fun and don't stress. :D