Anyone going to 'jump ab oard?"

sail7seas

Theer re bound to b e last minute fare mark downs due to Hurricane Matthew........ If someone who lives nearby wants to cruise, I would guess, if you b ook a day in advance, you could get some wonderful prices.

St ay sfe, evyone inthe 'hit zone. let us know how it is going, when you are able., int he event you lose power etc.

Edited by sail7seas

Oasis otS is supposed to turn around in PEV on Sat. If it does, I'll bet there will be a lot of empty cabins leaving.

Wow, hadn't thought of that. We could just drive few hours and be on board. I would do in a second but don't think could talk DH into it. But agree that even if ports do re-open for the Saturday turn arounds, many folks going to miss the boat. Airlines have canceled 1600 flights now. Even if FLL and Miami are able to re-open on Fri, many people who's flights were cancelled won't be able to get new flights in time to depart. Will probably be good opportunity for a last minute cruise for those who live close.

Jane

As far as I can remember, HAL doesn't have any ships headed for Ft Lauderdale over the next few days.

But on Carnivals web site, there is quite a list of ship some with changes some without. Time will tell what will happen there.

No HAL cruises for another month or so. Carnival and RCCL and NCL are choices now in FLL and Miami I think.

Theer re bound to b e last minute fare mark downs due to Hurricane Matthew........ If someone who lives nearby wants to cruise, I would guess, if you b ook a day in advance, you could get some wonderful prices.

St ay sfe, evyone inthe 'hit zone. let us know how it is going, when you are able., int he event you lose power etc.

I looked and I don't think there's a HAL ship in port at FLL until the 19th.

Wow, hadn't thought of that. We could just drive few hours and be on board. I would do in a second but don't think could talk DH into it. But agree that even if ports do re-open for the Saturday turn arounds, many folks going to miss the boat. Airlines have canceled 1600 flights now. Even if FLL and Miami are able to re-open on Fri, many people who's flights were cancelled won't be able to get new flights in time to depart. Will probably be good opportunity for a last minute cruise for those who live close.

Jane

YUP, :D That's my point. Good luck, Jane. Hope your DH abgreees it could b e fun.

I'm just wondering whether there will in fact be more cabins available for last-minute booking. I suspect that most people won't bother cancelling their cruise when there's no financial incentive for them to do so, and without the formal cancellations, the cruise lines can't rebook the cabins. There might also be a lot of people waiting till the last minute to decide, or waiting to see whether travel to Fort Lauderdale is possible. Even if they do cancel at the last minute, it may be too late for the cruise lines to accept new passengers.

FWIW, this weekend's itineraries for the Allure, Oasis and Coral have all been pulled from the RCI and Princess booking pages.

Jane

Sounds like one other thing you should do before booking is check your gas gauge. Sounds like gas supply is a big problem.

Roy

No HAL cruises for another month or so. Carnival and RCCL and NCL are choices now in FLL and Miami I think.

Umm ? It better not be a month!..:eek:We leave out of FLL in less than two weeks on the Zuiderdam, provided the Hurricane dissipates soon.!:)

Lets hope this storm does not do too much damage & people are safe..

Umm ? It better not be a month!..:eek:We leave out of FLL in less than two weeks on the Zuiderdam, provided the Hurricane dissipates soon.!:)

Lets hope this storm does not do too much damage & people are safe..

Hey, I do believe you are on first HAL Caribbean cruise of the season! Congrats! We are on same cruise 11/30/16 so I do expect a trip report from you. Please! Also you can report back on condition of HMC after hurricane. Will be interesting, but assume will be pretty much back to normal since they have about 2 weeks until your visit. Hopefully not too much damage done. Hopefully it doesn't do that circle path they are saying is a possibility and hit Bahamas a second time.

Jane

Sounds like one other thing you should do before booking is check your gas gauge. Sounds like gas supply is a big problem.

Roy

Roy,

We have full tank already. But gas stations here all had lines yesterday! We are on SW Gulf coast and not even close to hurricane. Can't go anyway. Remembered we have beach house rented for a "stay-cation" next week. Hope Red Tide all gone by then.

Jane

Matthew is supposed to loop back around next week. I wouldn't want to be in the Caribbean, even at a bargain price. There are several ships that weren't able to make it back to Florida ports on schedule.

Hey, I do believe you are on first HAL Caribbean cruise of the season! Congrats! We are on same cruise 11/30/16 so I do expect a trip report from you. Please! Also you can report back on condition of HMC after hurricane. Will be interesting, but assume will be pretty much back to normal since they have about 2 weeks until your visit. Hopefully not too much damage done. Hopefully it doesn't do that circle path they are saying is a possibility and hit Bahamas a second time.

Jane

Jane I'll do my best to give you a report..This thread might get lost in the shuffle..Suggest you post on it around Oct 31 to bring it back to page one to remind me.. We get back on Oct. 30..Just watched a video of a roof being blown off a house in the Bahamas..Not sure where that was, but it was quite scary.. Hope the Hurricane loses some of it's oomph soon..

BTW it is beautiful here today on the Bimini Basin, in CC.. Just windy.. Our little Doxi was a bit scared & windblown..She wanted to get back inside ASAP..

Checked around 3:a.m.. The tide had come up quite a bit, but not over the bulkhead.. I've seen it much worse, especially during " Hurricane Charlie"!

Stay well & safe everyone..

Betty

Inceed,,,,,, t here are other cfuise lines. includingg Princes and Cunard which regularraly saail from FLL... and others,

Just was reading NCL Escape 10/8 Roll Call posts last couple of days. Lots of people calling and getting free upgrades. So, apparently lots of cancellations. Apparently some people flying through Tampa then driving to Miami to catch the boat. Don't like NCL, but am sure we could have gotten a great deal on another line. Oh well, maybe next time! Looks like some areas of Bahamas got hit bad, but more around Freeport rather than Nausau I believe. Carnival sight says they are evaluating damage to HMC now so hope not too bad. Thanks Betty, I will post a thread few days after you get back to remind you. Any info you can give will be appreciated.

Jane