Curious about condition of CocoCay

I know it is still too early to know anything, but I'm interested to hear how CocoCay fared from Matthew? It seemed to be right in Matthew's line of fire.

We're on the 5-night FOS on the 30th and wondering if it's not available how the itinerary would change. My gut tells me an extra sea day, but I would be hoping for a different port. With the 5-night itinerary, it is just CocoCay and Cozumel, so I think that it would be out of range to do San Juan like FOS did this week, but maybe something like Key West or Grand Cayman?

I know it is still too early to know anything, but I'm interested to hear how CocoCay fared from Matthew? It seemed to be right in Matthew's line of fire.

We're on the 5-night FOS on the 30th and wondering if it's not available how the itinerary would change. My gut tells me an extra sea day, but I would be hoping for a different port. With the 5-night itinerary, it is just CocoCay and Cozumel, so I think that it would be out of range to do San Juan like FOS did this week, but maybe something like Key West or Grand Cayman?

Maybe Costa Maya. That is where we went when we could not go to the eastern caribbean a couple of weeks ago.

Transformers exploded and no power, the worst is yet to come.

What are you talking about? The 30th is three weeks away. Chill.....let's worry about the present.

What I was talking about is that I hadn't seen any info coming from CocoCay and I was curious if anyone had heard anything and have a thread going for any info that becomes known. I figured it was bad given that the eye went very near to there. Also, my post began with "I know it's still too early to know anything..."

I was also doing some general thinking out loud about what would be done if it was out of commission for a period of time.

Apologies if I touched a nerve with you for some reason, but I'm not sure what part of my original post was not "chill"...

I haven't read your replies yet, but I hope to be there on 10/18, when I get back I'll post plenty of pictures.

What are you talking about? The 30th is three weeks away. Chill.....let's worry about the present.

Yelling at the guy for asking? :rolleyes: I'm glad he did.

What I was talking about is that I hadn't seen any info coming from CocoCay and I was curious if anyone had heard anything and have a thread going for any info that becomes known. I figured it was bad given that the eye went very near to there. Also, my post began with "I know it's still too early to know anything..."

I was also doing some general thinking out loud about what would be done if it was out of commission for a period of time.

Apologies if I touched a nerve with you for some reason, but I'm not sure what part of my original post was not "chill"...

Amazing the number of people here whose only contribution is to criticize other peoples post. Glad you asked.

On a related note- just saw some aftermath videos from Nassau- mostly see some downed trees and blown down fences.

Hopefully the neighborhoods farther outside of Nassau fared that well.

If Coco Cay got that, the island should be ok.

Can't recall what island most of the workers came from.

All I know is that we have a friend sailing Freedom on Sunday and he was informed they will go to San Juan instead of Coco -- but I think his is a 7 night sailing--and, of course, it is hte first sailing after the storm---a lot can happen in 3 weeks

All I know is that we have a friend sailing Freedom on Sunday and he was informed they will go to San Juan instead of Coco -- but I think his is a 7 night sailing--and, of course, it is hte first sailing after the storm---a lot can happen in 3 weeks

And hopefully 10 days! I'll post anything if our group hears of any changes in plans. I expect to live here in Cruise Critic the next 10 days! ;)

No need to be rude.. We are all a little sensitive right now.. I have property in South Carolina I am worried about.. That doesn't give me reason to snap on someone else...

He snaps at everyone lately, don't worry about him... We don't