Curious about condition of CocoCay

On a related note- just saw some aftermath videos from Nassau- mostly see some downed trees and blown down fences.

Hopefully the neighborhoods farther outside of Nassau fared that well.

If Coco Cay got that, the island should be ok.

Can't recall what island most of the workers came from.

You didn't see the videos and photos of the roofs blown off, and the buildings missing walls, and the damage that was done to Atlantis? That place is a mess. I surely wouldn't want to go there to see the devastation. Would make me feel bad as a cruise vacationer over there looking at all their destruction.

Didn't they get hit with a category 4 hurricane? If all they got were some blown down trees and fences, they must have some mighty well-built buildings over there. Apparently much better then the hotels that withstood tons of damage on the East Coast of Florida.

You didn't see the videos and photos of the roofs blown off, and the buildings missing walls, and the damage that was done to Atlantis? That place is a mess. I surely wouldn't want to go there to see the devastation. Would make me feel bad as a cruise vacationer over there looking at all their destruction.

Didn't they get hit with a category 4 hurricane? If all they got were some blown down trees and fences, they must have some mighty well-built buildings over there. Apparently much better then the hotels that withstood tons of damage on the East Coast of Florida.

Not the videos I saw.

They still skirted the full cat 4 hurricane- thankfully. Not by much, but the eye wall missed Nassau.

I'm wondering. Do they have a plan to secure the Coco Cay infrastructure to minimize storm damage and how long does it take to implement it; then how long does it take to get things back in shape, even assuming no lasting damage?

Roy

Not the videos I saw.

They still skirted the full cat 4 hurricane- thankfully. Not by much, but the eye wall missed Nassau.

I just hope everyone is okay and safe now. We were on the edge of our seats when this hurricane rolled through and up the east coast.

We are sailing Majesty of the Seas on October 17th and just spoke to RCI rep who stated that stop at Coco Cay would occur as scheduled. Have not seen any official statement from RCI however. Hoping for the best.

I hope this is true for you. Reps have given me false information so good luck to you.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

I know it is still too early to know anything, but I'm interested to hear how CocoCay fared from Matthew? It seemed to be right in Matthew's line of fire.

We're on the 5-night FOS on the 30th and wondering if it's not available how the itinerary would change. My gut tells me an extra sea day, but I would be hoping for a different port. With the 5-night itinerary, it is just CocoCay and Cozumel, so I think that it would be out of range to do San Juan like FOS did this week, but maybe something like Key West or Grand Cayman?

Hi Fletch:

Thanks for this thread, am wondering as well :) would love to go to San Juan...

Dawn

I'm wondering. Do they have a plan to secure the Coco Cay infrastructure to minimize storm damage and how long does it take to implement it; then how long does it take to get things back in shape, even assuming no lasting damage?

Roy

CC is about 1" above mean high water. I am sure the water held everything down during the storm

Tweet by Royal Caribbean...going to CocoCay starting Oct. 15th

Royal Caribbean ‏@RoyalCaribbean

@CruiseDivaNJ Hi, Stacey. CocoCay sustained minor damages. We'll be welcoming guests back on Saturday, October 15th.

Phenomenal!!

Tweet by Royal Caribbean...going to CocoCay starting Oct. 15th

Royal Caribbean ‏@RoyalCaribbean

@CruiseDivaNJ Hi, Stacey. CocoCay sustained minor damages. We'll be welcoming guests back on Saturday, October 15th.

Woot my sailing! I'll take photos

I'll take photos, I have never been to cococay I am 0 for 3 due to storms so I won't know if it's worse

Our record isn't much better. We were 0 for 3 before we eventually landed on a private island. Thinking back now I know we missed Labadee, missed Princess Cays, missed Coco Cay, missed Great Stirrup Cay at various times over the years. We're probably 7-4 or so. In truth, I don't mind missing Coco Cay when we're doign the 4 day on the Enchantment. That usually means they land in Key West first thing the next morning and you get a full day there. I much prefer that.

My DH and I are on that sailing.

It is a small world.

:)

I'm on the roll call for the 28th cruise. I've been trying to find out as much info as possible about our ports of call. I think all but Miami was hit by the hurricane. I haven't heard anything about how the port of Charleston and Port Canaveral are doing. I'm wondering if we will still be stopping there.

I'm on the roll call for the 28th cruise. I've been trying to find out as much info as possible about our ports of call. I think all but Miami was hit by the hurricane. I haven't heard anything about how the port of Charleston and Port Canaveral are doing. I'm wondering if we will still be stopping there.

Port Canaveral is open for business, and has been since 10/8.

Port Canaveral is open for business, and has been since 10/8.

I didn't word my post correctly. I know the port is open, however our stop is just for the day and I am wondering what the area is like. DH and I bought excursions (transportation to and from Cocoa Beach) I am wondering wether it is worth doing the excursion or if it would be better to cancel it. We are not planning on swimming...basically just spending a few hours walking around the area.

...the same with Charleston SC, except we didn't buy any excursions, we are planning on touring 2 Historic homes and visiting the Charleston City Market.

If anyone has any updates on any of these places I would be thankful if you were to share the info.

Mary

Most everything is fine in Cocoa Beach area. Wasn't that bad. Eye went by during low tide so we were spared any flooding.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

So good to hear; I hope you didn't sustain any damage.

Thank you for the update!

Mary