South Pacific Visas

We are going to New Caledonia and Vanuatu on our first ever cruise next March. Can anyone please tell me if visas are required for either of these destinations? Our ports will be Isle of Pines, Mystery Island, Lifou and Noumea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going to New Caledonia and Vanuatu on our first ever cruise next March. Can anyone please tell me if visas are required for either of these destinations? Our ports will be Isle of Pines, Mystery Island, Lifou and Noumea. Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been cruising to the South Pacific since 1986 and have never needed a visa to enter any of the places you listed (and more).

Go Pies :D

We are going to New Caledonia and Vanuatu on our first ever cruise next March. Can anyone please tell me if visas are required for either of these destinations? Our ports will be Isle of Pines, Mystery Island, Lifou and Noumea.

None needed.

• 2 weeks later...

You do not need visas but always carry your passport

That's the key. Citizens of some countries do require visas.

Which countries? I have cruised the Pacific a number of times with Chinese friends and have spoken to nationals from India, Philippines, Indonesia, Germany, Sth Africa, USA, England from memory and none of them needed a visa.

The only visa checks done are the ones at embarkation in Australia to ensure they have a valid visa to return to Australia.

Edited by woodyren

• 2 months later...
You do not need visas but always carry your passport

I think I have read somewhere that we should only take copies of passports off the ship and leave the actual passports in our room safe. Is this not correct?